[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love to draw, and by far my favorite writing instrument is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 181610_o02.jpg (42KB, 1199x1199px) Image search: [Google]
181610_o02.jpg
42KB, 1199x1199px
I love to draw, and by far my favorite writing instrument is a papermate rollerball fine point (0.8) in blue.

Probably the cheapest writing instrument on the planet, but I find myself so relaxed and able to translate what is in my head better with this than any other device.

And I've spent considerable time with regular pencils, charcoal, etc.

Does anyone else have this experience with this? I wish there were more drawing tools that does this for me, but sadly, I can't.

The only thing I wish was this would be easily erasable or I could use this in more finished works.
>>
>>2845356
You can't draw the Mona Lisa with crayon; once your art becomes better you'll need to upgrade.
>>
File: 713zsS5Uw2L._SL1500_.jpg (63KB, 1500x833px) Image search: [Google]
713zsS5Uw2L._SL1500_.jpg
63KB, 1500x833px
hello this is my favorite neuronal output device
>>
>>2845363

I do traditional conte a paris charcoal pencils when I do my exercises on newsprint, do regular graphite and regular artist drawing tools when I do finish work.

but at the end of the day, i just love coming back to a blue papermate, a cheap piece of paper, and going to town. I love the way the ink is put down with this, and just how natural it feels in hand.
>>
>>2845356
Plenty of designers work with ballpoint pens. They force you to think ahead and commit to your lines and they can also make extremely fine lines that won't smudge (they can make the lightest marks of any pen actually). Scott Robertson and the authors of a few different design textbooks recommend them for these reasons. I prefer Zebra ballpoints, but there's not a large difference between brands.

I guess most people don't take them as serious artistic tools, but artists took to them almost immediately after they were invented. My grandmother is an artist and learned to write with a dip pen at a Catholic school. She told me about how awesome ballpoint pens were when they came out.

>>2845363
For studies and sketches using whatever you like the most is perfectly fine.
>>
>>2845363
but you can? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOde3YkKPs
>>
File: papermate_flair_m.jpg (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
papermate_flair_m.jpg
9KB, 500x500px
get on my level
>>
File: unipen-mitsubishi.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
unipen-mitsubishi.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>2845356
>Does anyone else have this experience with this?
Yeah, pic related. Not only are they cheaper than sakura micron memes but they feel so much better (to me at least).
>>
>>2845380
Ballpoint pens are hard as fuck for me to control, so I switched to technical pens.
>>
I need at least a felt tip, cheap ballpoints are too unreliable and stop lines half way around 30% of the time.
can't do lineart with cheap ballpoints.
>>
I always find myself going back to use #2HB pencils to sketch with. Even with getting suckered into meme pencils like Blackwing 602 a year or so ago and using typical artist pencil sets with 10 grades of H and B graphite, it just doesn't feel as nice to me. Nostalgia is probably the answer, as I grew up with using those school pencils more than some pencil set from General's or even Crayola-tier shit.

OP, have you looked into "FriXion" pens or similar erasable pens?
>>
File: tumblr_ohirin2IeO1qkucyzo1_1280.jpg (672KB, 1280x1754px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohirin2IeO1qkucyzo1_1280.jpg
672KB, 1280x1754px
>>2845356
You can draw anything in any medium, its just that some more expensive traditional tools have a higher quality of wax/oil that allow works to last longer, combined with specialized paper/canvas that doesn't yellow, and of course framing and sealing.

People who draw/paint for archival purposes and need their work to last for a hundred years do need better equipment, but it isn't the tool that creates the result, its just the artist. One can absolutely use crayola crayons, professional crayons, school pencils, a used old teabag, a wacom tablet, a huion tablet, or a blue biro and create a beautiful work all the same. The price of a tool will not make ones art any better or worse.

In fact, my favorite ink artist Adria Mercuri uses those fine point biro pens, too.
>>
>>2845679
Oh shit I completely forgot paper yellows, fuck why did I draw on regular shitty paper. I should have bought sketchbooks.
>>
>>2845512
I use those, they are great! nice consistent lines and don't bleed. Also last me very long compared to other pens I've used.
>>
File: B52814_00[1].jpg (19KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
B52814_00[1].jpg
19KB, 1080x1080px
>>2845356
>>2845364
>>2845390
>>2845512
Step aside, scrubs, real art tool coming through!
>>
>>2845699
take a photo of your best works and milestones and throw them away. any originals the buyer didnt want are worthless and the only value is the sentiment youre putting on them.
>>
>>2845364
Ah, like High School all over again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.