[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you help an artist who's actively sabotaging themselves?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: despair.jpg (62KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
62KB, 447x686px
I don't think I can watch artists do this to themselves anymore. Is she the next Proko?

https://youtu.be/mPTULwLHSrY?t=50s
>>
>>2845303
???
>>
File: 1263274078409.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1263274078409.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>2845307
>I will copy cartoon anatomy and that will help me learn real anatomy
>>
>>2845303
>Trying to draw while whittering on a load of bollocks about Chinese food and vlogging to YouTube simultaneously

Fucking Americans, I swear to god...
>>
>>2845303
I'm not saying this applies to her (because I have no fucking idea who she is), but if you already have a solid grasp of anatomy and you're trying to do animation/cartooning, knowing how to create a clear representation of anatomical structure in as few strokes as possible is very valuable, and studying successful animators/cartoonists is a worthwhile endeavor.
>>
>>2845312
seems like she wants to learn extreme perspective and dynamic poses. Studying good artists who understand those things is actually the way to go to do that. Not everything is always mainly about your precious anatomy, anon.
>>
>>2845303
Let them. What do you care. Will they be giving you some of their money if you somehow stop them?
>>
>>2846433
>you dont need anatomy if you just wanna draw cartoons XDDD
>>
File: tarzan-muscles.jpg (53KB, 538x398px) Image search: [Google]
tarzan-muscles.jpg
53KB, 538x398px
>>2848764
It is somewhat correct though, you don't need to know about every type of muscle if you're attempting to create cartoons. Even Disney animators, that took serious anatomy training before and during working on Tarzan never attempted to draw every little bit of bone and muscle for every frame because it isn't needed.

My ol' animation teacher said he studied anatomy for years, worked hard to show his own teacher that he knows everything about it - and his teacher said he didn't learn shit and threw his anatomical drawings in the trash. He told him that medical-like anatomy studies are worthless if he's not going to apply the knowlege to what he wants to do.

You need to know anatomy obviously. It helps a lot, but knowing everything about it, for a cartoonist, isn't what's important. Simplifying it to show correct forms - is.
>>
>>2848788
The autism is strong in this one

The artist in OP's video doesn't have even a basic understanding of anatomy, let alone perspective. They aren't drawing from prior knowledge, because they don't have any. They can't "simplify" their anatomy, because they don't know any to begin with. By going straight to cartoons, they're skipping a fundamental step in their process and that is

learning

anatomy
>>
>>2848788
Who's better

>a cartoonist who copies the buldges from another cartoonists where they think a muscle is

or

>a cartoonist who has full understanding of the muscles and how they work.
>>
>>2848876
>>2848888
You're misreading, I was only responding to that comment, not the whole chain. Obviously as already said in my post, anatomy is important. Form is important. But don't let studies take over you and think of what you're going to do with them, how you're going to apply them to your work.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.