[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Golden Years of Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: File916466350315687.jpg (152KB, 400x427px) Image search: [Google]
File916466350315687.jpg
152KB, 400x427px
For the past year, I've been extensively studying improvement trends by interviewing artists, analyzing improvement memes as well as improvement trends in the galleries as well as looking at the science behind it and I've come to the conclusion that there are "Golden Years" in art.

These are years by which your ability to grasp artistic concepts are at their highest level. This is also the reason why you have so many talented young artists who were able to "git gud" in 2-3 years.

/ic/ tends to emphasize the importance of actively studying fundamentals from books like loomis but after interviewing them and seeing the work they posted I saw that fundamentals were not a factor because the things these artists drew varied from life drawing, to anime stuff, to copying photos, the only thing they had in common was that they were practicing in their golden years.

What are these golden years you might ask? They are between the ages of 13-18. Generally before 13 your brain isn't developed enough to grasp complex artistic concepts and afterwards your neuroplasticity hardens up which makes it difficult. This is not to say that it's impossible but it's much more difficult.

So I ask you /ic/ are you in your golden years? or are you hopelessly holding on to a dream that has very little chance of success?
>>
I'm 40 years old, does that mean I have no chance?
>>
>>2845040
you're not dead, are you?
you've got at least another 30 years in you
spend 5 studying art, and enjoy 25 more of creating shit for the whole world to see

you can do a lot in a single year
imagine 25
>>
>>2845041
That's only if you're young. The op does have a point. That's why most world class athletes started as kids.
>>
>>2845007
>For the past year, I've been extensively studying improvement trends by interviewing artists, analyzing improvement memes as well as improvement trends in the galleries as well as looking at the science behind it
No, you didn't, and the rest of your post is equally bullshit. You didn't even try to hide the fact that you're baiting with stupid shit like
>afterwards your neuroplasticity hardens up which makes it difficult
Fuck off, and put some effort into it next time. Link a paper or something. You write like a fucking child.
>>
>>2845007

>golden years

Wow, it's the spark v.2.0 or ligameme v.3.0?

Btw, I don't know any painter that didn't start to get good while younger than early 20s. Actually if you look at profiles of all famous painters including modern ones like even fucking BeksiƄski - they all first attended art uni of some sort and practiced among other artist first before debuting.

If you are 13-18 nobody gives a jack shit about you because anything you do might be just a phase. Young prodigies are amusing only to normie plebs.
>>
>>2845068
That's just refinement. 80% of their skill is developed during the "golden years". Go check any deviantart improvement meme and you'll see that in most cases, most of the improvement was made during those years and only refinement afterwards.
>>
>>2845007
>>2845086
Gr8 b8 m8.

>>2845043
>Equating full-body exercise to drawing.
World-class athletes start at a young age to build up to their late-teens and twenties, when a human body is at its maximum peak ability. You can be fit at any age, but there's a reason why a young buck of 18 is going to out-do a thirty-year-old gymnast at any Olympics.

Art is about analysis of your work, practicing studies, and going through the motions. It requires practice like any skill, but you're being absurd if you think there's a "getting your foot in the door before it closes permanently" deal like in athletics.

>>2845059
>>2845068
This is just the latest "you'll never make it unless you X'd, which you've already passed and now you can't go back, ergo 'you'll never make it.'" If everyone on /ic/ started at ten years old and did five hours of studies after school every day until they were twenty, OP would still find some reason why he sucks at art to pull other people on this board down and project his low self-esteem.
>>
File: RULE 2.png (41KB, 744x220px) Image search: [Google]
RULE 2.png
41KB, 744x220px
>>2845007
>They are between the ages of 13-18.
>So I ask you /ic/ are you in your golden years?

Better not be. Also like to see whatever data you have to support your "golden years" theory being shitty high schoolers. Your brain stops developing around 23 and you're generally going to be better educated also, so other than probably hanging out with age peers while you guys swore you where at your peak, where're we getting 13-18?
>>
>>2845007
i've seen a couple of peeps who started deep in their twenties and have become succesful professionals. I call BS. On an offnote. Skill only gets you so far. If you dont know how to apply yourself, its useless.
>>
>>2845007
Van Gogh didn't start until he was 27. Picasso peaked creatively in like his 40s. Rembrandt was an old master. Who the fuck was at their "golden age" at 17?
>>
File: 1413782746714.png (154KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
1413782746714.png
154KB, 476x345px
>>2848048
kys you'reself my man
>>
haha yes I see what you're trying to do OP

Let's weed em out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.