[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I quit art a year ago and I hate myself for it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 31

File: OnxHk4A.jpg (1016KB, 4800x3600px) Image search: [Google]
OnxHk4A.jpg
1016KB, 4800x3600px
So a bit of background about myself. I been drawing casually my whole life but during january of 2015 I decided to devote to life to art and I'm not exaggerated when I tell you i drew 12-16 hours a day. I drew day in and day out, studied my fundamentals, drew from imagination, drew boxes and all that important shit and I was under the delusion that if I could train hard as I could for 1 year I would reach the level of a certain person I aspired too.

One year later, and still wasn't a fraction of his skill level. It was like everything I did was a waste of time and it completely devastated me.

I haven't lifted a pencil since december 2015 and sometimes when I see this person's work I started hating myself again and asking myself if I trained harder and longer maybe I could have reached his level. But i probably have already lost a good chunk of my skill.

Inb4 post your work, i included an image of where my skill level was.
>>
>Inb4 post your work, i included an image of where my skill level was.
That's not your work you fucking faggot.
>>
fuck dude I wish I was that good. Really shouldnt compare yourself to others but whatever, I guess it's too late to tell you that.

What do you want me to say, get back in? You're too weak for this and you clearly dont have the passion for it.
>>
>>2844989
Why wouldn't it be my work?
>>2844990
I have passion, but I lack talent.
>>
>>2844994
The talent is there, but it looks like you don't have a good enough reason to keep the hard work on a longer timeframe.

Really ask yourself WHY do you want to be better at art beyond comparing yourself to other artists.
Learn to enjoy the jorney instead of worrying and measuring your progress, otherwise you may be doomed to fail to meet your expectatives everytime.
>>
is this your dev: http://gevoian.deviantart.com/

and this is the guy you're talking about: http://jpeg96.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2845008
Yes, how the hell did you find that out?
>>
>>2844983
1 year isn't that long, and you can probably get back to your previous skill level in a few months, much less than a year.
>>
>>2845012
>http://jpeg96.deviantart.com/

There's always going to be someone better than you. once you surpass your friend, you're going to start comparing yourself to someone else.

He's not that far ahead of you. You can catch up to your former skills pretty quickly and then catch up with him too. Even if you never catch up to your friend, why does it matter. you should do it for yourself. Why are you drawing?

OP you're 19, that's pretty fucking young. I stopped drawing at the age of 19, and I was good for my age too, but I met the wrong guy (my fault for trying gay) and shit happen and I was homeless for a while. I got back on drawing four years later, I lost a lot of my skills, but caught up pretty quickly. You'll be fine. You probably did other important things during that year anyway and you can come back with a fresh start. I hated myself for "wasting" 4 years but I came back with my old bad habits gone.

now go fucking draw
>>
>>2845012
Not him, but a Google reverse image search via the inline extension went straight to your DA page and every one of your favourites is from Jpeg96's page.
>>
>>2845016
>wanna be artist
>faggot
>loser at life
holy shit its like the /ic/ check list and you managed to hit every fucking box.
>>
File: radaxf.jpg (119KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
radaxf.jpg
119KB, 512x512px
>>2844983
is this you ?

gevoian . deviantart . com
>>
You will make it OP. You dont know me but trust me on this - you will make it. Just go there.
>>
>>2844983
Post something that aren't full copied faces, Most of those are from Prison School.
>>
>>2844983
You says your work that much everyday and yet you can't even show a finished work? I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>2845090
I hope you're trolling. What does doing work hard have to do with finished work? Most artists decide to focus on their basic drawing skills at first so they don't render turds.
>>
>>2845093
>1/3 of picture is fucked up construction
>2/3 animu copies
>b-basic drawing skills!
>b-but the t-turds!
anon pls
>>
>>2845096
The construction is actually pretty good you retard. Besides having "fucked up" construction is even more reason to work on basics before shit polishing. KYS
>>
>>2845099
The point is that OP clearly spends more attention and time on copying manga than his fundamentals.

Secondly, finishing an imperfect drawing is not what "turd polishing" even means, you dunning kruger.

also
>The construction is actually pretty good
>literally only one (1) head in perspective isn't fucked up
>>
>>2844983
stop acting like a woman and just draw, or you can keep feeling sorry for yourself and do nothing, which will make you feel worse than just making a few shitty drawings
>>
>>2845106
>Spends more time copying manga than his fundamentals.
Yes, it's called master studies, dumb ass. When someone wants to draw manga, they copy it. Not to mention that a good chunk of those are Loomis studies. What percentage of your studies your devote to stylized stuff vs realistic doesn't matter much as long as you're studying fundamentals.

>finishing an imperfect drawing is not what "turd polishing" even means

That's literally what it means dumb fuck. Besides, not everyone gets a hard on for rendering. Especially when it comes to drawing manga, rendering isn't important.

Besides, why would your dumb ass assume that he never does finished work based on 1 image posted?

>Dunning Kruger

Please, try to be more original. For all we know, you're probably shit at art.
>>
>>2845118
You're embarrassing yourself, gayboian.
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
Can we make a /baww/ general to contain all of you scrubs' bitching to one thread? It seems like every day there's at least two of you making your own thread to tell us how much you suck and receive asspats
>>
>>2844983
more than 50% of these are traced
>>
>http://gevoian.deviantart.com/art/Post-578361923

that torso

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

keep practicing this is what happens when you stop
>>
I love how quickly OP was put on blast.
Get out of here and stop being a bitch.
>>
>>2845224
>OP was put on blast
Fucking nigger lingo
>>
>>2845118

>anime
>master studies

middle jej
>>
who the fuck master copies manga characters? like what the hell that shit should take like 5 mins if you draw 12-16 hours a day, there's not even mastery in that
>>
>>2845197
...proof?
>>
File: 1.jpg (110KB, 821x477px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110KB, 821x477px
>>2844983
>>2845197
>>
File: 2.jpg (54KB, 622x279px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
54KB, 622x279px
>>2844983
>>2845197

another
>>
>>2845311
>>2845314
Those aren't traced, those are "master studies".

You can tell with the hair that most of it is off
>>
>>2845311
>>2845314
oh my lord
>>
>>2844983
The problem is that you're not applying yourself. You can't just do studies your whole life and then one day abruptly transition to creating actually finished work.

Applying your skills to create actual work is a skill in itself.
>>
>>2845311
>>2845314
But when ilya kronprinz does this, then it's okay. Kill yourself you pathetic hipocrites
>>
>>2845324
If you don't present it as anything more than a study, which they are because it's a page of studies, then it's totally fine (and actually useful).

Not copying other artists because muh-integrity is literally NGMI -tier behavior.
>>
>>2845314
>>2844983
>Copying determines skill level

No.
>>
File: 1486090318693.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1486090318693.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>2845197
>>2845311
>>2845314

Thought these looked familiar lel.
>>
>>2845321
Copying without breaking down something isn't a master study.
>>
You're way too critical to yourself, and you should never compare your progress to someone else's, and especially if they've been in the game longer than what you have. Before I read your entire post, I thought the picture attached was made by the person whom you aspire to. That should be evidence enough to prove you're excellent in others' eyes. It's good that you want to improve, but you shouldn't push yourself too much.
Understanding your own progress can be hard, and this can be compared to you looking at a picture you've taken of yourself. Maybe you think you look perfect, or maybe you think you look ugly as shit. Then, if you were to mirror the image, the new perspective would open up for an entirely different experience, and it is this experience you've most likely missed out on, mixed with you being too hasty when it comes to reaching a set goal. You shouldn't set an end goal that is supposed to be reached. Instead, you should focus on aiming towards the goal, reather than just reaching it. If you do this, you will always find improvement, and in the end, you will realise that it was the journey that mattered the entire time. If you learn to love art, and just as importantly, yourself, you surely will succeed, both in your own and others' eyes
>>
Blog thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ69wIFTWwM

If you think you hate yourself now, I was around your age when I started trying to draw and I quit shortly thereafter. I broke early, when what I was doing didn't look anything like what my heroes were able to do in my first pitiful attempts.

I arrogantly thought that I was this super intelligent king gorilla dick vanilla mandingo muscle man that was entitled to the skill set of the best professional illustrators of the early 20th century and the character animators of the1980s for all my hard work reading the first five pages of Figure Drawing for All It's Worth over and over again in between 8 hour sessions of Counter Strike. Apparently that's not how it works for most people and I wasn't an exception.

Now I'm 30, 11 years older than you; I started dabbling with drawing about 4 years ago and got a little more serious 2 years ago. Seeing what meager improvement I have has been wonderful, but also bittersweet. If I hadn't been such a crybaby in the past I'd be much better than I am now, and naturally I can't help but resent that.

You can still turn it around and I strongly suggest you consider doing so. Don't follow in my footsteps; I stepped in a big dog turd a ways back and you're going to get shit all over your shoes too if you're not careful. It's cliche but you really do have your whole life ahead of you. If you want to give up that's fine, but you're going to come back to it someday (we always do) and you're going to wonder what might have been.
>>
>>2844983
why should we care about you and your work?

saged
>>
>>2845352
That's why I put it in "s, OP seems to think they are
>>
>>2845434
Gorillas have smaller dicks than humans.

The more you know
>>
>>2844983

Okay. Then don't draw. Who cares?

You're an idiot. You have to draw to get good. You have to use what you learned and apply it.

And most importantly.

IT TAKES TIME TO DO THINGS WELL.

You can say, "I have spent time". Okay, sure, but only in a general sense of it.

"I was under the delusion that if I could train hard as I could for 1 year I would reach the level of a certain person I aspired too."

There's your answer. In your whole whining post you solved your own problem.

If you think this shit comes easy or is somehow owed to you because you grinded the basics you're literally insane. There is no EXP system in real life. You have to learn the fundamentals of any subject you wish to pursue and then start working towards actual goals once you have a firm understanding of working adequately to reach them.

You always have to be moving towards your goal. Always moving in the direction you want to be in.

If you're sitting stagnant drawing boxes for a year you're going to be right there where you planted yourself. You'll be better and have an understanding of the grounding of the subject but have no proficiency at doing that subject well.

You'll draw again if you want to draw again. You probably do and definitely will.

So just start drawing.
>>
>>2844983
if you have the discipline to work 12-16 hours a day you will reach go very far. It might take 1-2 months to get back to where you were but honestly anon, just get back to work.
Just cause it you didn't reach your goal in a year? That's a retarded reason to stop drawing. You're decent enough that you could get somewhere major with maybe another year of hard work.
Stopping drawing is throwing all of that away.
>>
>>2844983
>loomis, hampton and manga copies
>skill

C'mon now.
>>
>>2845131
>Can we make a /baww/ general to contain all of you scrubs' bitching to one thread? It seems like every day there's at least two of you making your own thread to tell us how much you suck and receive asspats

These threads are started to coax /ic/ into being trolled.

Don't fall for this bullshit.
>>
>>2846127
Literally what else are you supposed to do? The OP studied the old masters as well as his favorite artists.
>>
>>2846214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
>>
>>2844983
If that's seriously what you got after all that, then that's not bad.
>>
>>2845674
Gorillas actually have one of the smallest dick to body mass ratio. It's a miracle they even manage to penetrate.
>>
>>2845324
>But when ilya kronprinz does this, then it's okay.

/ic/ is the first to shit hard on him when it happens.
>>
>>2845641
The guy says he's been drawing everytime everyday and the only thing he's able to show is shitty copies? Yeah, right.
>>
File: 1486194709501.jpg (342KB, 955x626px) Image search: [Google]
1486194709501.jpg
342KB, 955x626px
>>2845197
12-16 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY
>>
>>2846214
Here is the thing, you don't have to mindlessly just copy your favorite artists to study them and you're even less supposed to show full copies as exemples of your "works". If he really studied that much and well then he should show original stuffs.
>>
still better than 99% of ic, including everyone in this thread.
>>
File: 1447640534448.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447640534448.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>2844983
>>2846699
I'd kill to be able to trace, let alone draw, like this.
>>
>>2846706
That's pathetic.
>>
>>2845008
The reason why i fear /ic/ so fucking much.
>>
>>2846726
because people can google image search your drawings?
>>
>>2846727
No, beacuse /ic/ can stalk you and can ruin your entire anonymity.
>>
Meh. 20 year old is a hard age to be at mentally. I'm 26 and shit, but if i dont draw i might as well die. Theonly reason you should take a break from art is if it doesnt make you happy. There are skill levels only few can attain. You can settle for less.
>>
>>2846728
But google searching his stuff was exactly how it happened. If you don't link your artwork to any social network no one will find you out.
>>
>>2846728
What's the worst they can do? Flood your dA comment section with spam?
>>
this should be in the sticky, literally all my art friends did the same thing
>art is so haaado
>>
>>2846747
Basically, yes. Spammin' that "Need Loomis" since 2013.
>>
File: 1483714866819.jpg (58KB, 707x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483714866819.jpg
58KB, 707x512px
funny thread

>>2844983
op, your 1:1 shape copies are not art practice
your practic
>>2844059
>>2846539
>>2846670
>>
I know that /ic/ is the wost place to whine but I don't know where else to.

I've been in a rut for months, I don't know what to do anymore. I've managed a few bursts of productivity but they were short lived, and they never really made a difference in the first place since I'd barely get any response from what I put online.

I can't come up with a real project to work on. I want to create but I can't find enthusiasm for anything I do. Even sketching in pencil takes titanic effort right now, I've always loved drawing and I still do, in these few years I've been improving a lot... yet I started late and I don't see myself picking up the pace anytime soon. It's becoming harder and harder to see myself becoming successful in the future. I'm getting old, I'm not competitive in the field, I'm not capable of coming up with a decent narrative. I can draw all the hours I want but when it's mostly aimless grinding for the sake of grinding I fail to see the usefulness of it.

I feel completely worthless, like I'm bashing my head against a wall to shake away the fact that I'm never going to make it. Fuck my life.

>post your work
Please realize that nobody sane would post his work after this text.
>>
File: angr.png (21KB, 657x558px) Image search: [Google]
angr.png
21KB, 657x558px
>>2844983
God dammit OP, look at this shit!
We hunger for skills like yours, yet here you are writhing in pain, pretending you're at the bottom where we are.
You were on the way but you stopped for no good purpose, what is your major malfunction numbnuts? You don't belong here!
Get back on the track before your regrets become the sins of a father - for your destiny awaits!
>>
>>2844983
leave this board and never come back. i absolutely assure you it will make your art life way better.
>>
>>2847131
>We hunger for skills like yours
What skills, you fucking dimwit?
Did you just pic up a pencil this morning?
>>
File: AcroRd32_2017-02-05_22-33-39.png (461KB, 523x550px) Image search: [Google]
AcroRd32_2017-02-05_22-33-39.png
461KB, 523x550px
You traced/copied a bunch of them. Although I will say that you have pretty good lineart, so I wouldn't be so quick to quit.
>>
>>2847131

... What skills?

Are you OP? You have to be talking about yourself.

Everything OP has to offer are drawings of other drawings.

You people are helpless.
>>
File: tricky mickey.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
tricky mickey.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
>>2844983
Stop being such a pussy, you're obviously very good for having only drawn one year. You need to practice imagination drawing too, though.

>>2845197
>>2845311
>>2845314
>>2846695
>>2847648

It's pretty obvious for anyone that's any good at observational drawing that OP did not trace those images. Look closely nerds-there are discrepancies everywhere in each of them that wouldn't make sense if they were traced. You kids are betraying your inexperience and proving decisively that you couldn't do what OP is doing at anywhere near his level. You're just projecting your own insecurities at this point.
>>
>>2844983
dude can we see a picture of your work now? I mean it can't be that bad.. 1 year isn't too long, and skill usually comes back a lot faster.
>>
>>2847666
> It's pretty obvious for anyone that's any good at observational drawing that OP did not trace those images.

Yeah, he copied them and made an obvious uninteresting inferior version that takes hardly any skill. That really tells at what level you are to be impressed by something so shitty.
>>
>>2848014
post your year one work
>>
>>2848019
I would never bother doing full copies like that and try showing them off as actual work.
>>
>>2848079
That tumor in her leg is horrifying, her nips are both misshapen, her clavicle doesn't make any sense and you're definitely hiding those hands.

...but the thing is: the face, hair and head is pretty well polished, and if I'm not mistaken that's what you focused most on, isn't it? I can tell you didn't completely neglect other areas. The proportions aren't too far off, if at all (hard to tell when the image is so big and I have to scroll three monitor lengths down to see the whole thing) and the anatomy could definitely be worse. If you really only drew for a year seriously you are at a level many of us may not have been at ourselves at that time and many of us still might not be. You have nothing to be ashamed of or depressed about you doo-doo head ass nigga.

If you put as much effort into the body, limbs and extremities as you did the head you will get very far very fast, just get out of your safe zone and learn to tolerate the discomfort and sweat of drawing things like hands.
>>
File: 1.png (203KB, 446x426px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
203KB, 446x426px
>>2847666
>You're just projecting your own insecurities at this point.

Fuck off Satan, not my fault OP burned himself out doing anime/manga studies or whatever for 12+ hours a day for a whole year then complains that his art isn't up to snuff like his senpai

One fucking year and he's already tapping out, you'd figure he would be able to draw Hana's head in a different pose by now.

>You kids are betraying your inexperience and proving decisively that you couldn't do what OP is doing at anywhere near his level.

This doesn't matter, because as long you keep drawing you'll hit OP's level and surpass it because he already quit dumbass.

>>2848079
>This time I included an imagination drawing that I did around the time I quit. It turned out like shit, and it was one of the main reasons why i quit

This is stupid, you only drew for a fucking year. That's like going to the gym and complaining you're not ripped like Scooby after a year. You need to ground your expectations in reality and continue drawing or fuck off because I swear there's at least one of these threads every week now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>2848079
Nah bruh I,m guessing you got addicted to playing games instead thats why you stopped drwaing.
>>
>>2844994
You say you did 12 hours and did fundamentals and whatever but I honestly don't believe you.
>>
oh... poor op
>>
>>2845197

You have very weak measuring skill, anon. Those aren't traced, those are just copied.
And all of them are off. Some more than others.
>>
>>2847622
>>2847656
God dammit!
You guys don't know shit about being supportive!
>>
>>2844983
stop drawing weeaboo shit
>>
>>2844983
>I was under the delusion that if I could train hard as I could for 1 year I would reach the level of a certain person I aspired too.

This is why you're stupid. Even if you've drawn casually all your life, only 1 year of dedicated training is not enough to reach pro level. You'll still be an amateur. It takes years of serious grinding to get to pro/mastery level. For you to think it would only take a year is pretty moronic. Stop being a moron and set realistic expectations for yourself.
>>
>>2849695
>I hate anime, look how mature I am XDXDXDXD
>>
>>2849710
The guy I was trying to surprass gained most of his skill level in a year so I don't see how's that stupid. But unlike him, I'm not talented
>>
>>2849824
[citation needed]
>>
File: 126975891576.gif (458KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
126975891576.gif
458KB, 250x250px
I guess I'll add my own story too.

I used the past few years to learn study and learn Japanese all by myself and succeeded, I'm now fluent, can enjoy all the Japanese medias I want and talk with nips in a pretty relaxed way.
But that's it, while I'm content with myself it didn't fill the hole, and recently I've started realizing how depressed I am and how it may not have been what I should've done, how I should perhaps have focused on art instead of learning another language.

Now I'm here trying to figure out how I could master art but the problems seems that art isn't something like a language or a video game, I can't just like "complete" or "beat" given tasks in order to overcome the difficulty of it, there's no "I'm going to learn all these grammar points and x vocabulary words and read some books and be ok", I'm just completely lost, I don't know how to aim. I do have an art goal, always had, but don't know how to get there. For now I'm trying to draw every day but it's still hard. Perhaps there are people autistic like me out there who can relate? I like to go in depth in things, I like to gather everything I need in order to understand a specific subject, but when it comes to art I can't see to be able to find any spot to put my claws in, it's too abstract, too large, there's too much depth and my autistic powers don't seem to work.

I have millions of artists I follow and keep up with, for which I gather and backup their arts in neatly organized folders, for "references", but when I get to the point where I want to draw, I don't even feel like using any of this, it just doesn't feel right, I don't get anything.

Just end me.
>>
>>2849849
>there's no "I'm going to learn all these grammar points and x vocabulary words and read some books and be ok", I'm just completely lost, I don't know how to aim.

Read the sticky, m8.

>Your Fundamentals:

> Basic shapes
> Anatomy and construction
> Light and value
> Perspective
> Colour
> Composition

>You can't learn these one by one. Rather, you start with "basic anatomy", "basic perspective," and so on, and work your way up to "advanced anatomy", "advanced perspective" ...

>Here is one minor guideline, though. Put most importance on these:

> Basic shapes. Everything is built up from basic shapes, so get a good grasp on these.
> Solid construction. A fully rendered piece will look shitty if the starting construction was faulty.
> Distinct values. Values let the viewer "read" an image easily. Check this. Does the image still look good in greyscale? Is the thumbnail clear?
>>
File: No.jpg (51KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
51KB, 853x480px
>>2849824
>The guy I was trying to surprass gained most of his skill level in a year so I don't see how's that stupid.

No, it is stupid because you're not him. There's over 7+ billion people on this planet, if everyone single one of us spent a year learning how to draw I can guarantee you we won't all end up at the same level no matter what. Humans aren't robots dude, we don't all think/react/learn the same way at the same time. We all have flaws, none of us are perfect, it's a part of nature.

>But unlike him, I'm not talented
Get over yourself Shinji, people like that are talented because they don't give up. You're just pulling excuses out of your ass to justify quitting, that's really it and nothing else. Seriously, draw something new and post it or take you're sulking elsewhere.

>>2849849
>I used the past few years to learn study and learn Japanese all by myself and succeeded, I'm now fluent, can enjoy all the Japanese medias I want and talk with nips in a pretty relaxed way.

Good shit anon, but yeah read the sticky for everything you need to know
>>1579290
>>
>>2849868
Thanks, I suppose I should've added that I had originally spent half a year learning all sorts of fundamentals, doing books like Loomis and Hampton, but then I ended up stopping because I was bored of grinding fundies, and fast forward a few years later here I am whining about how I'd like to magically be able to draw good stuff without having to put any efforts into it.

I think my problem is that, while I have basic knowledge on how to approach building something due to what I've learned along the way, I'm not sure what I want to draw exactly and I should go about finding what "my art" is. I'm pretty good at copying others I think, but I feel no pride doing so, it just feels stupid to me, as if anyone could do it.

I feel really jealous when I see artists with their own style who are able to produce new art constantly, even if they're not super good per se, at least they have their own shit, their own personality and signature. I'm not sure I have that, and I'm not sure how to get to that point myself.

... but the answer is always "draw, draw and draw more" right? I think it's just frustrating for my autistic brain to not see the end of it, as I said, for something like a game or whatever, it's easy for me to envision the path, the road ahead. For art, it's not like that, that's why I feel lost.

>>2849884
Thanks. I'll go over there again, although I'm pretty sure I already have all the books recommended with pastas on how to get started on learning art saved on my computer already. Like I said I'm just whining.
>>
>>2846214
doing copies and applying all of that to your own work is a bit of a different beast i think. maybe op should have done more original work rather than just copy his favorite stuff
>>
>>2849900

what does not giving up have to do with the passage of time?
>>
>>2849900
>muh extremes meme
>>
File: 857467478467.png (789KB, 1009x606px) Image search: [Google]
857467478467.png
789KB, 1009x606px
>>2849824
>The guy I was trying to surprass gained most of his skill level in a year so I don't see how's that stupid. But unlike him, I'm not talented

The left piece is from 2014, the right from 2017. I don't understand how you act like it's the end of your art career OP, you need mental help
>>
>>2849886
>... but the answer is always "draw, draw and draw more" right? I think it's just frustrating for my autistic brain to not see the end of it, as I said, for something like a game or whatever, it's easy for me to envision the path, the road ahead. For art, it's not like that, that's why I feel lost.

Basically, there's no end for art, you'll always be learning new shit.
This is what I did for music that maybe will help you keep yourself motivated:

>Envision a piece you wanna create.
>Realize what you're lacking in order to create it.
>Set yourself a deadline for studying what you need.
>When you reach that deadline start working on your piece.
>Finish it, rinse and repeat.

The only way to develop a style is to keep creating and learning, just keep going until you make it. When you eventually reach a good level you'll realize how much it was worth it over wasting your time playing videogames or other similar useless shit.
>>
>>2849929
>Went from appealing and expressive artstyle to baby's first digital rendering.
>It took him 3 years to do this.
>>
>>2849931
Thanks. Yesterday I drew for an hour or so, the piece isn't finished and is more like a rough sketch but I'll leave it at that I think and do another sketch today. I'll try to do this for as long as needed until I get to appreciate drawing again. That's how I thought I should go but yeah I'll force myself to finish stuff too to learn what I'm lacking.

It's a shame, as a kid I loved drawing and would often do it. I wish I had never stopped.

Your post is reminding me how I'll have to learn music too for the project I wish to do before I die and it's making me a bit depressed. So many things to learn, but it's not an exaggeration to say that it's pretty much the only thing keeping me alive.
>>
>>2846728
Maybe you shouldn't post works here that you post in other places then, you coon
>>
>>2849824
>The guy I was trying to surprass gained most of his skill level in a year so I don't see how's that stupid.

Because you're not him? And I have no reason to believe he reached pro status in "only" a year. People learn at different speeds. You sound like you're 15, dude. Stop acting like a stupid teen with having stupid expectations.
>>
>>2845080
looks like it.
>>
>>2844983
You want to be as good as JPEG? Newsflash. You already are, the difference between your work and his is that he actually finishes things from time to time, and puts more time into his pieces.

That's it. Your 1 year of training or whatever paid off.

I've been practising art most of my life, and seriously for the last 10 years or so. And that was a lesson I learned.

Your drawing skill might even be BETTER than a lot of people who you think it isn't, but you're not taking the time to finish anything, or put serious time into it.

What you need now is to stop doodling and every time you'd doodle a head or study a hand, instead put all those small little moments/times of drawing into a single piece, and keep doing that until the piece is completely fixed, and finished.

The one thing you may not have studied that the jpeg guy did, is how to do lighting/shading, you may need to spend a few months studying that, but even those months of time can be cheated by taking an extra few hours on your art work and making a lot of mistakes before you get it right.

Long story short- work longer, and finish what you work on, and you'll see you're perfectly fine vs. the jpeg guy, who while a decent artist, actually seems to suffer from a similar disease of not really making fully completed works. But he does it more than you (just judging on your DA, I don't actually know you) and by rendering the way he does, he's taking more time on his pieces too. That's it!

Congrats.
>>
>>2849900
>>2849901
>>
>>2850388
>If you have questions regarding pricing and availability please visit my website

literally can't find any of that anywhere. Before you pretend to be someone at least look at their stuff first
>>
>>2845311
>>2845314
>>2846695
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>2853021
>laughing at the observation drawings of a beginner artist that I have no doubt in my mind are better than yours

you're dumb dude
>>
>>2853027
>forgetting you're on 4chan, not reddit
You're the dumb one, anon. You fucking hug box faggot.
>>
>>2853029
post ur work, then we can all laugh together
>>
File: merc_wip.jpg (212KB, 787x1121px) Image search: [Google]
merc_wip.jpg
212KB, 787x1121px
>>2853037
>>
File: i hope you die btw.jpg (58KB, 401x210px) Image search: [Google]
i hope you die btw.jpg
58KB, 401x210px
>>2853029
The only hugbox here is between the bitchy, fat little millenial numales like you who shit up this board doing everything in your power to avoid drawing. You bumped a 2 day old worthless drama thread just so you could show everybody what a blind retard you are.
>>
>>2853052
The little hand holding, we are the world, open boarder faggot has an opinion everyone. Let's all adhere to it...

Pussy.
>>
>>2853093
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2845311
>>2846695

Aren't these just studies/copies instead of tracings?
>>
>>2853115
spoken just like an indoctrinated PC faggot.
>>
>>2853093
>HAHAHA Look at how bad he is? Am I right guys!? Do I fit in yet!?

The only one looking for someone to hold their hand here is you brah.
>>
>>2846789

>It's becoming harder and harder to see myself becoming successful in the future.
>I'm not competitive in the field

Can you see yourself doing something else for a living but drawing in your free time just for fun? Don't obsess over ''making it'' until you learn to enjoy the ride, otherwise you'll be as miserable doing art as you would be working at Walmart.
>>
File: 1485419174455078.jpg (110KB, 759x847px) Image search: [Google]
1485419174455078.jpg
110KB, 759x847px
>>2853142
lol why you so angry anon? did daddy touch you where he shouldn't have?
>>
>>2844983
here's a tip from a guy who made it
do the lavaflake challenge, daily
like, right now, there's a thread on ic if you want to learn more.
>>
>>2853223
....anon1313? legendary anon1313 da yo ne?
>>
I quit art all the time and as a consequence, I never get better. I can't even draw the folds on my characters' clothes, I didn't master shadows either and my proportions are still off so I can never draw good poses
>>
>>2853217
your mom touched me
>>
File: OPArt.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
OPArt.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>2844983
Here's what the OP's art looks like when not tracing.
>>
>>2855534
post your work faggot
>>
File: OpMore.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
OpMore.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>2855534
It's quite something.
>>
>>2855536

You first.
>>
>>2855538
Um how the hell did you find this???

Again, I don't trace. That's how my work looked like after 6 months of serious practice. Please stop responding to this thread. I'm done. >>2855538
This is actually my early work? ???
>>
>>2844983
OP is good copier.....100 USD paypal he can't draw his own without a reference.
>>
File: ALLAROUNDMEAREFAMILIARFACES.png (718KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
ALLAROUNDMEAREFAMILIARFACES.png
718KB, 599x880px
>>2845311
>>2845314
>>2845321
>anime
>masterstudy
>>
File: ic catches anon tracing p1.png (3MB, 2016x2920px) Image search: [Google]
ic catches anon tracing p1.png
3MB, 2016x2920px
saved for future generations of ic to look upon next time they think about feeling sorry for themselves because tracing for 12 hours a day didn't improve their skill level ):
>>
File: ic catches anon tracing p2.png (512KB, 835x1305px) Image search: [Google]
ic catches anon tracing p2.png
512KB, 835x1305px
>>2855573
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-02-11_07-51-10.png (337KB, 1463x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-02-11_07-51-10.png
337KB, 1463x1034px
>>2855539
i mean are you retarded?
>>
>>2855573
>>2855575
leave him alone. i dont like bullying.
>>
>>2855583

You can't even draw hands, and you call me retarded.
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-02-11_08-35-57.png (115KB, 725x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-02-11_08-35-57.png
115KB, 725x1052px
>>2855599
post your work though :)
I don't have much to select from atm because I've had interviews throughout the week
>>
>>2855614

Making a stylized drawing doesn't save you from your lack of knowledge, unless you have IRL deformed hands, small ears, huge eyelashes and leporine lips.

And do not worry Mcdonalds it's not that demanding when recruit new crew.
>>
>studies
>this is my current level
honestly kill yourself
>>
i quit art when i was a teen because my dad was an artist and killed himself.

I realize now, two weeks away from 24, its the only thing i can do and be sane.
>>
>>2855659
k
>>
>>2844983
Just post your work, taking critique (how shit it may be) is an important skill to learn

Besides that OP, checked deviant arts, the biggest difference I can see from the few random fanart heads you posted is that your friend his art has a lot more life/passion to it and he is also actually painting/finishing pieces or at least making them somewhat presentable. your linework is pretty solid, so I would suggest focusing on pushing out more finished/presentable drawings/paintings and change errors along the way instead of doodling a bunch of fan-art heads (that might or might not be straight 1:1 copies from a screenshot) on a piece of paper.

Also theres always going to be someone better then you, so get over it. Even better: you can actually ask people that are better then you for some easy advice on where to improve.

So just post your work, take all of the feedback in. There are legit studios that recommend going to this place and posting art here because the best part about this place is the constant flood of shitposting
>>
>>2849933
>went from buzzword and buzzword buzzword to buzzwords buzzword digital rendering.
>it took him no-one cares to do this.

really jumbles those almonds
>>
>>2855659
k
>>
>>2855659
LOL UR DAD DIED. HAHAHAHA
>>
>>2855628
I remember my first job I had applied for mcdonalds and they refused me somehow.
You still haven't posted because you know you can't match
>>
>>2856179
>nosebro got rejected from mcdonalds
Really makes you think
>>
>>2844983
not your personal blog
kill yourself
sage
>>
>>2856182
>all of nosebros shit posting and sperging are in response to that one moment
>the was rejected from mcdonalds because he was in an accident that rendered his hand and arm ligaments useless
>the dude who rejected him had deformed hands, small ears, huge eye lashes, leporine lips and big nose
>every time he tries to draw now, all he sees is the face of the man who rejected him
>created the ligameme meme to try and cope with his injury
This explains a lot actually. Nosebro is a much more tragic figure than I thought.
>>
File: OP not tracing.jpg (195KB, 457x626px) Image search: [Google]
OP not tracing.jpg
195KB, 457x626px
>>2846695
>>2845311
>>2845314

OP wasn't tracing you fucking moron. Copying? Sure. Tracing? No, and anyone with a trained eye can see that shit. Pic related.
>>
>>2855614
>that ear
It looks like it's trying to escape
>>
>>2856234
holy shit
>>
>>2856182
>>2856234
Thank god though because I got a job at a much better place which lead to my job hopping mentality.
>>
>>2856250
Only 1-2 guys said he was tracing retard, I posted this comparison pic and of course I knew it wasn't traced because it looked like shit compared to the original, he couldn't even copy the expression properly.
>>
What's with all the faggots on this thread acting like mindlessly copying a face is any better than tracing it?
>>
>>2856352
/beg/ echos what they see from previous crits. They really don't know what the fuck they're doing sometimes.
>>
>>2856352

If you can't see the difference between doing master reproductions and tracing then you're retarded as fuck.

No wonder you /ic/ turds are shitty artists. You lack the brain cells to think properly much less do complex tasks like art.
>>
File: 13523588.png (124KB, 499x637px) Image search: [Google]
13523588.png
124KB, 499x637px
>>2856352
hey buddy, i dunno if you know this, but ART is mindlessly copying things
just because you copied an object that exists in reality or your imagination doesnt make it any less of a copy
>>
>>2856508
> copying lines without understanding how it works
> MASTER STUDY

Retard.
>>
>>2856843
Yes, dumb ass reproducing another artist's work is the definition of a master study.

>Mindless practice?

How do you even know that? How do you know what that artist has gained from that study session?

KYS. You're too stupid to do art.
>>
>>2856337
Burger King?
>>
>>2845016
This, I dropped drawing for 6 years and hated it but kept most of my skill. Getting back at it now and enjoying it and wanting to make several proper comics and illustrations. Keep going anon.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.