[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NGMI

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

File: 1484600723589.png (395KB, 1293x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1484600723589.png
395KB, 1293x1010px
>Lives in Peru
>Has an idea
>Plans to learn animation
>Shitty payment for someone studying arts and design
>Gets help to inmigrate to USA legally
>Plans to suck Lord Trump's dick to get clean papers
>One year in CalArts costs about 50,000
>Only way to pitch the idea faster
I'll never achieve my dreams
>>
>not pulling a Bahi JD
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/interview-with-bahi-jd
>>
File: 1460007555740.jpg (2MB, 2283x3080px) Image search: [Google]
1460007555740.jpg
2MB, 2283x3080px
>>2843515
>American
>self taught

No complaints, if you really love it, you'll do it, amigo. Hijo de verga.
>>
File: bancroft.jpg (373KB, 2149x702px) Image search: [Google]
bancroft.jpg
373KB, 2149x702px
Just get good (https://www.youtube.com/user/eubasaban/playlists) and go indie for fug's sake you damn Peruvian.

Why move to the U.S. when you can stay home and take advantage of your country's deflated currency, racking up USD (https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=Peru) over Patreon? Stay out of my beautiful country unless you're a 8/10 latina with big brown tiddies I can use for my own animation reference!
>>
>>2843535
Editorial note: Bancroft did go to Calarts but apparently didn't graduate, make of that what you will. Calarts tuition was also >$17,000 a year (when adjusted for inflation, actual cost was around $8500) in 1989 as opposed to nearly three times that today.
>>
File: 1460455174748.jpg (252KB, 1065x423px) Image search: [Google]
1460455174748.jpg
252KB, 1065x423px
>>2843535
>>2843555
I like how you write. I'm not even OP, I just like how you write.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (54KB, 864x668px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
54KB, 864x668px
>>2843555
>>
File: ARB.jpg (4MB, 3262x4982px) Image search: [Google]
ARB.jpg
4MB, 3262x4982px
>>2843532
By the way, save this one my man, that one's too hard to read (I don't know what the h*ck I was thinking) with that white-on-white crime of a color scheme.
>>
>>2843565
Thanks a lot for the update and for creating the image, when I find myself in doubt I look to it for comfort.
>>
File: loomis babby.jpg (60KB, 1016x803px) Image search: [Google]
loomis babby.jpg
60KB, 1016x803px
>>2843570
I'm glad to hear that. Please keep in mind that, moreso than rejecting school outright as a rule, I just want you to give yourself a chance and to not take on the enormous financial risk of an american art college without spending at least four years on your own using cheaper alternatives.

W-...we're all gonna make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg
>>
>>2843515
just take an online class for 1/100th of the price.

animation is one of the few things you don't need to go to school for to be good at.
Start practicing you fag.
>>
I've never taken an art or animation class and have near 200k subs on youtube from my animations. You can do it all online, school isnt required.
>>
>>2843657
But do you make a livable income?
>>
File: earnings_lng.png (27KB, 1056x383px) Image search: [Google]
earnings_lng.png
27KB, 1056x383px
>>2843659
Added up from adsense/patreon/site its around 3-6k a month with bumps to above 10k on major releases.
>>
>>2843657
>>2843662
So are all those videos complaining about animation being dead on youtube a meme?
The Sleepycabin dudes essentially all just quit because of how bad they said it got.
>>
>>2843683
It's not really a meme. For animations to be profitable like that, they need to be 10 minutes long or more. You make 1-2 minute animations, then once you have enough dump them in a compilation. That's where bulk of your money comes from. 1 minute long animation by itself even with a million views doesnt earn much.

Or alternatively drop animation quality and go for vlog style "animation' like how hot diggidity is doing (10 minute long reviews). That also works for more $ even with less views (10 minute mark is where all the $ is as you only get access to midroll ads after that).

In sleepycabins case they just make far more $ by doing letsplays/vlogs than they would spending the same time doing animations. I like animating so it's why i continue doing it instead.
>>
>>2843687
And how long does it take to make a 10 minute animation? 3 months?
>>
>>2843687
The problem I imagine is that a lot of the people that quit were part of "teams" so 3-6k is fine for an individual but would be pretty shit money when it's split between like 3 people or more. At least that's what I'd guess without really knowing the whole store in either case.
>>
>>2843690
Depends really. My last one took two months.
>>
>>2843693
Yea, 3-6k in a team is peanuts, everyone gets nothing. As a solo then yea its viable, or even as a duo. But anymore than that and you can't afford it really without doing daily stuff.
>>
>>2843694
How many hours do you presume you put in per week? Since you've still got learning to do and planning, and what not.
>>
>>2843696
When i'm in hardcore work mode I put in 6-10 hours a day (but when im productive). When im not doing that i just sit on my ass playing video games. Its been 4 months since my last animation release and im just doodling around still
>>
Well, this gives me hopes. I got an offer to travel Taco Land these days, I'm not really sure. Just gonna stay in my country, from what I heard there are some descent art schools. Until then, all is going to be wih tutorials from the internet.
W-...we're all gonna make it....r-ight?
>>
You go to art school to compliment stuff later in your career. It's not an entry thing.
>>
File: bahimean rhapsody.gif (4MB, 749x1050px) Image search: [Google]
bahimean rhapsody.gif
4MB, 749x1050px
>>2843993
You're making the right decision, paisan. Don't give up on your dreams, just realize that you don't' have to play by the same kinds of rules people did 20 years ago. Give yourself a few years with inexpensive self-teaching materials before you even think of uprooting yourself just to go tens of thousands of dollars in debt.You're gonna make it brown bro.
>>
>>2843515
Source on the pic OP?
>>
>>2843535
How do you call a hot girl in peru?
Foreigner
>>
>>2843994
This is so true and is why so many art schools are straight up unethical for accepting people that can hardly hold a pencil correctly. Big scam.

>>2845408
Ayy!
>>
>>2845404
Burnbot. From Hotdiggedydemon.
>>
>>2845565
Thx
>>
>>2843515
>Live in Peru
That means any amount of skill already puts you at top tier level with other animators. Take advantage of the lack of competition. Don't know why you would bother with U.S. competition.
>>
>>2843515
I WANNA FUG BURNBOT
>>
>>2847903
Everyone wants to fug Burnbot anon
>>
Unironically post your work OP, and state your age too. Don't be embarrassed amigo, what you're planning would require you to travel thousands of miles to do that in real life which is much worse than potentially getting made fun of by anonymous fatties on the internet.
>>
File: Project - Drawing 1340599624.png (130KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Project - Drawing 1340599624.png
130KB, 2048x1536px
>>2848442
Graduated from Highschool lastmyear.
I have nothing but a Samsung Tablet with free drawing apps.
I have some sketches in a book and I writed some scripts for some school projects.
My artistict career hasn't sarted yet because I'm still planning everything. It's been 2 months since the USA inmigration thing my dad offered to me. Everyone here is forced to attend college and if it is related to some "artistic thing" the payment is lower and you'll end doing some boring job.
I had another offer to attend a film school in Mexico but I'm not sure.
Just some 18 years old guy with low grades and low self esteem that doesn't knows what to do. The only thing I was good at school was art and it's something sad here in Peru since many people think "art doesn't help you in anything".
I have some drawings saved, may dump them here later.
I drawed this shit right here when I was in my "depression state". It's cringy and I have zero experience with digital so yeah.
I...might make it? I don't know.
>>
File: 1483120443714.png (178KB, 679x409px) Image search: [Google]
1483120443714.png
178KB, 679x409px
No puedo creerlo, realmente te contestaron, compatriota.
>>
File: Loomis.jpg (40KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Loomis.jpg
40KB, 960x720px
>>2848619
I was afraid of this. I guarantee this will be the nicest reply you get so I encourage you to read it and take it to heart.

Buddy, you're not ready for art school at all, and any that would accept you would be taking advantage of you in doing so in your present state. You should download some books and use your tablet to read them and draw through with them for the time being. Focus on traditional media right now. Wood pencils, office paper, and a kneaded eraser. Get a clipboard so you can draw a little outside as well. You can make it if you try, but this drawing really shows me that you've only just started and you have a long way to go.

I know when you're a young adult it's easy to get into a hurry, to find yourself under duress because of pressure coming from your peers and parents, but no school that you're thinking of attending is going to vanish into thin air any time soon so don't make any rash decisions.

Get a part time job (20hr/week) at a carniceria or something and study art from cheap sources like books or videos. You will be much better off in 4 years if you do that than if you go to some $50,000 a year art school when you've only just begun to dabble. Then, and only then, will you be able to make an informed decision on whether or not you should go to school.
>>
>>2848641

>>2848644 Tiene razón, escúchale.

Btw, mi problema es algo similar al tuyo, pero con ilustración, ya que no hay cursos para eso y pareciera q el único camino es
>Git gud
>Wait until someone sees your stuff online and offers you his money
>???????
>Profit!!
Att. Alguien de 24 con familia pobre y depresión
>>
File: Blook Butt.jpg (229KB, 1451x571px) Image search: [Google]
Blook Butt.jpg
229KB, 1451x571px
>>2848644
I really don't want to discourage you in saying all this either, even though it might feel kind of shitty to hear. Rather I'd like it to be uplifting. So many young adults that have only just begun to draw are pressured into going to expensive schools by their well-meaning friends and relatives who don't know any better. Because they had not developed their ability before they'd first entered the school these people more often than not leave these places not much better off artistically than the Beginner Thread users on /ic/, but unlike them they're saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in debt that will potentially burden them for decades.

Can you imagine it being 15 years from now and you're still paying $500 a month or more for your student debt, while working at a warehouse or something like that? You can avoid all that, you can study and draw hard for at least four years on your own volition and you will get to a decent level-or maybe you won't, but in either case at least you will be a free man who stood on his own two feet and fell on his shield instead of living as a slave for the rest of your youth.

>>2848665
>>Wait until someone sees your stuff online and offers you his money

It really does happen. I've personally offered to hire an artist on this very board myself at a competitive rate and I have no idea if they went to school or anything like that, why would I care? Their work is phenomenal. The deal fell through in the end for various reasons, but I was sincere and I haven't lost respect for them or their abilities. I may even try contacting them again some day, but the last thing I or anyone else cares about as someone looking to hire an artist is where they've been, when in the end it's only about what they're capable of. I've even been paid for work myself even though I was bad then and I'm still not very good.
>>
>>2848665
Porque solo los boludos mandan curriculums, no?
>>
>>2848722
I know I have a long way to go. These are just drawings with zero skill or anything. I'm new with all the digital art, traditional like sketches are easier to me. It's just the sad truth and it's even worst since I want to learnanimation. I may take the offer to travel to Mexico, my art teacher told me there are better opportunities outside the country for someone with such "talent" like me. In the worst of the cases, I'll leave my dreams and try to enter college and study communications, you can study graphic desing in one of the courses. Thanks for the feedback anon.
>>
Anyway, the only thing that won't happen in my life is to attend any expensive school just for conections. All is going to be with just tutorials in the web. Everyone is going to make it.
Right?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.