[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ amalgamation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: asdsads.jpg (317KB, 728x564px) Image search: [Google]
asdsads.jpg
317KB, 728x564px
I often see a waste important is going getting better made decision comment because share is meant for Let's be as the title says if its in created >what does why no main book links constant looking work so if i like new ok it is tutorials i'm new we're all going to make it cringe pixel >what does >what type can draw? does anyone trend don't how define learning knowledge not sure if animation >lighting trick fancy well reference progress generic! pic related tracing anatomy Please Guy Sucks Beginner questions I've lost would consider stagnation recently is developed after 3 years lazy been think draw renaissance this pixiv is 2d dead? ITT: GAME OVER >tfw rate this first ever how similar am i wrong thread tattoo hi started is it okay what do? end game I've been watching secret how many hours kind >be me tablet d/ic/ks Brian BTFO is worth suicide any good /hey/ question fuck come $600 quit show actually learning did character design aphantasia awesome made is there get better client Hi gud price name someday can't even want crit pls history EVEN lost kind of style Recommend exercises encouraged fantasy newbie semen slurping concept PICTURE OF ban level youtube say combination possible lewd post funny comment comic best progress How's this? photobashing despite 1% Let's overrated does best several Alright

Jesus now i know what's wrong with /ic/ we all sound like fucking unsure judgemental clickbait

These are all the words and phrases i gravitated towards scanning the catalog. I think we all hate (but somewhat rely on) /ic/'s predictability.

Here's to more creative, literate threads~!
>>
my fav phrases thus far:

is worth suicide any good

exercises encouraged

is there get better client Hi gud price name someday

fantasy newbie semen slurping concept
>>
Never gonna make it
>>
>>2841792

post ur art
>>
Ennui
state of Ennui
Definition: A feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.

Elucidate
Definition: to make (something) clear; explain.

Obfuscate
stop obfuscating the details
Definition: render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. Something you do when you don’t want to spill all your tea.

Liminal
Definition: occupying a position at, or on both sides of, a boundary or threshold. neither here nor there but some place in the middle, like when you’ve been waiting on the subway for 10 minutes and you could either leave and just walk, but then the train would come as soon as you leave the turnstile. or you could punish yourself and wait who knows how much longer asking yourself WHY.

Perfunctory
Definition: (of an action or gesture) carried out with a minimum of effort or reflection. also known as procrastination, doing something at the last minute, or giving zero fucks about tasks you’re expected to complete. why? because you maxin
and relaxin!
Synonym: Something half-assed, lazy.

Polemical
Definition: of, relating to, or involving strongly critical, controversial, or disputatious writing or speech. most common traits: 5000 comments on a blog article. often results in television talk show appearances, book deals, short-lived reality television shows.

Vitriol
Definition: cruel and bitter criticism. it’s also a type of acid, so.
Used Like: Don’t remind me about that asshole again. I can’t express the amount of vitriol I have for him.

Solipsistic
Definition: of or characterized by solipsism, or the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist. worse than narcissism. see also: every single reality television star ever.

Tenuous
Definition: Very weak or slight. as in, our relationship is hanging on by a thread.
Synonym: Not very good. Going nowhere fast

paradigm
a typical example or pattern of something; a model.
"there is a new paradigm for public art in this country"
>>
File: 59426334_p0.jpg (1MB, 1431x1940px) Image search: [Google]
59426334_p0.jpg
1MB, 1431x1940px
Academic
Of or relating to the conservative style of art promoted by an official academy.

Angular
An object, outline, or shape having sharp corners, or angles.

Appropriation
In the visual arts, appropriation is the intentional borrowing, copying, and alteration of preexisting images and objects.

Artifice
Deception or trickery.

Biomorphic
Derived from the Greek words bios (life) and morphe (form), a term referring to abstract forms or images that evoke associations with living forms such as plants and the human body.

Brushwork
The manner in which a painter applies paint with a brush.

Concentric
Two or more things having a common center.

Contour
The outline of something.

Elevation
A scale drawing of the side, front, or back of a structure.

Ephemera
Transitory written and printed matter (receipts, notes, tickets, clippings, etc.) not originally intended to be kept or preserved.

Facade
Any public-facing side of a building, often featuring decorative finishes.

Font
A specific size and style of a typeface design (for example, Arial 12pt bold, or Times New Roman 10pt italics). The term is often confused with typeface, which is a particular design of type.

Genre
A category of artistic practice having a particular form, content, or technique.

Grotesque
Characterized by ludicrous, repulsive, or incongruous distortion, as of appearance or manner; ugly, outlandish, or bizarre, as in character or appearance.

Illusion
An unreal, deceptive, or misleading appearance or image.

In situ
In its original position or place.

Juxtaposition
An act of placing things close together or side by side for comparison or contrast.

Lyrical
Expressing deep personal emotion or observations; highly enthusiastic, rhapsodic.

Mannered
Having or showing a certain manner; artificial, stylized, or affected.

Opaque
Impenetrable to the passage of light.

Organic
Having characteristics of a biological entity, or organism, or developing in the manner of a living thing.
>>
File: tv000043.jpg (35KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
tv000043.jpg
35KB, 720x480px
Popular culture
Cultural activities, ideas, or products that reflect or target the tastes of the general population of any society.

Relics
Body parts or personal belongings of saints and other important figures that are preserved for purposes of commemoration or veneration.

Rendering
A representation, executed in perspective, of a proposed structure.

Satire
A genre of visual art that uses humor, irony, ridicule, or caricature to expose or criticize someone or something.

Rural
An area, generally agricultural, that is not densely populated.

Setting
The context or environment in which a situation occurs.

Subconscious (in technical use, Unconscious)
In popular writing about psychology, the division of the mind containing the sum of all thoughts, memories, impulses, desires, feelings, etc., that are not subject to a person’s perception or control but that often affect conscious thoughts and behavior (noun). The Surrealists derived much inspiration from psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud’s theories on dreams and the workings of the subconscious mind.

Sublime
Awe-inspiring or worthy of reverence. In philosophy, literature, and the arts, the sublime refers to a quality of greatness that is beyond all calculation.

Sustainable
Relating to a system or resource use that maintains its own viability by allowing for continual reuse, rather than depletion.

Symbol
A form, sign, or emblem that represents something else, often something immaterial, such as an idea or emotion.

Tactile
Touchable, or sensed by the touch.

Technique
The method with which an artist, writer, performer, athlete, or other producer employs technical skills or materials to achieve a finished product or endeavor.

Translucent
Permitting the passage of light.

Vantage point
A position or place that affords an advantageous perspective; in photography, the position from which a photographer has taken a photograph.
>>
In 2012, a genetic analysis confirmed that Concetta’s enhanced colour vision can be explained by a genetic quirk that causes her eyes to produce four types of cone cells, instead of the regular three which underpin colour vision in most humans. Four cones give Concetta the potential for what researchers call tetrachromacy (from Greek ‘tetra’ – four, and ‘khrōma’ – colour), instead of normal trichromatic colour vision (from Greek ‘tria‘– three). This means that her eyes can enjoy a diversity of colours that is about 100 times greater than what is accessible to the rest of us.

While tetrachromacy is so rare that it makes headlines every time a new case emerges, it might come as a surprise that women with four cone types in their retinas are actually more common than we think. Researchers estimate that they represent as much as 12% of the female population (4). So why aren’t we surrounded by women with extraordinary colour vision? Researchers have found that only a small fraction of women who possess an extra cone type actually get to enjoy more colours. So what does it take to be a true tetrachromat? How does the human retina come to produce four cone types, and why does it only concern women? More importantly, why don’t all women fulfil their genetic potential?
>>
>>2841813
>actually more common than we think
time to hang in the towel then
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.