[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living among us are people with four cones

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: CleJYGVUsAAvfF6.jpg (155KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
CleJYGVUsAAvfF6.jpg
155KB, 800x1132px
It is well documented that the average human can see up to 10 million colors while computers can produce up to 16 million. But is it possible that there are some humans born with the ability to see all 16 million or near close to a computers? Is this why some people are just better at selecting color than others? It seems that if you do not have four cones, you'll never make it in the area of color.
>>
File: 1448453073177.png (119KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
1448453073177.png
119KB, 635x493px
at least put effort into your bait next time
>>
>>2841332
http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-humans-with-super-human-vision
>>
>>2841327
It all makes sense now. Guess I'll just stick to lineart.
>>
>>2841450

You can still train to have four cones.

Look deep within you, anon!
>>
terrible attempt at a meme

0.01/10 for effort
>>
File: Capture+_2017-02-01-12-03-34.png (366KB, 720x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-02-01-12-03-34.png
366KB, 720x1199px
>>2841332
>>
>>2841327

What the fuck is the point in seeing and painting 16M colors if all plebshit is going to look only 10M?
>>
>>2841612

Well I'd say you have an upperhand at seeing true to life which makes you naturally born painter that most color theory scientist wish they had your abilities because everything they say will be invalid if they aren't blessed with the all seeing eye.
>>2841600
Well, we need new memes anyway.
>>
>>2841618

next time don't be so obvious
>>
>>2841327
who the fuck cares. seriously this is not important. when you're at the point of seeing 10 million colors another 6 million won't do anything. you cant create new colors.
>>
>>2841663

I'm obvious on purpose. Doesn't matter, for every meme I create I push it for months until it's engrained in /ic/s minds.
>>
>>2841664
>you can't create new colors

And you know this how? You can't see beyond 10m.
>>
>>2841327
Could this be the new ligameme?
>>
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/01/synesthesia-lightning-lost-and-found/512264/

interesting article
>Head trauma made her see strange colors, even ones that are “not even real."
>not even real
>>
>>2841671
not as much latent meme power
>>
>>2841332
I honestly prefer this kind of thread over "look at this generic fantasy art guys wow the guy who made it is great!" if only for the overly defensive posts like this:>>2841664
>>
>>2841675

Please, that's a nosecuck meme

Mymemes are always of quality grade made from the finest cows.
>>
bumping a very important thread
>>
Didn't some impressionist painter lack some uv shielding lens in his eyes that allowed him to see ultraviolet (at the risk of eye damage because we have that shit for a reason)?
>>
>>2841867
Claude Monet perhaps.
>>
File: do you have the fourth cone.jpg (161KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
do you have the fourth cone.jpg
161KB, 1000x1000px
>>2841672
The exact name for this is Tetrachromats. Quite a long name to be a welcoming meme. If anything I would dub it 'the fourth cone' is also valid. Also it seems to be only women who have this so that explains why most Japanese female artists are really good at making bright colory anime works more than men and have a better grasp at color (((theory)))-- after all it is theory. Should people who have possession of the fourth cone be seen as supernatural Gods in a sense I wonder? Or in communication with another dimension that we, who can see up to 10m or less (in most cases), cannot see?

Really fascinating the more I read up on this.
>>
>>2841327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBTMGRHk2g
>>
>>2841327
>But is it possible that there are some humans born with the ability to see all 16 million or near close to a computers? Is this why some people are just better at selecting color than others

If this is not bait, this is some olympics tier logical leap right here.
>>
>>2842634

It's like trying to comprehend death by wearing VR HMDs and trying out an app for out of body experiences; the developer of said app has established that death is an out of body experience with our vision manipulated by a drone. But no man knows what death is, so how can one claim that people fear death "less" if man does not know what death is like? So the common man who can see up to 1 million colors cannot comprehend the world as vivid as a man who can see 16-100 million (or more) colors. Those who have the ability don't know they have it because what they see they think is normal (when it isn't, quite actually, supernatural). And by the off chance these people actually get into art (quite often they do, because they view the world beautifully) who are mostly women, quite often are the ones who just are naturally born painters.

This is beyond just calling someone born with talent, this is a gift from God. Probably an ability granted to those who have been good in their previous life. And those who have not been blessed with some sort of artistic hidden ability, even if it is an extra ligament in their arm, or an upperhand in terms of intelligence or absorption of new information, have less of a chance of 'making it'.

I don't see how this is Olympics tier thinking. It's quite easy to see that man isn't created equal.
>>
>>2842650
makes sense
>>
File: 9512428.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9512428.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>2842650
nuh-uh! Who the fuck cares! Seriously this is not important!

In all seriousness though well said.
>>
When you're talking about there being up to "16 million colors", you're talking about 16 million different shades of colors that you're already familiar with. It's not nearly as romantic as they're trying to make it sound. Where you'll see two blocks with the same shade of red, someone with four cones will see two similar shades of red that differ oh-so-slightly in one or more color values.
Having four cones wouldn't help you much in the art world. In fact, if you ever used that ability for your work, you'd be putting certain things into your pieces that the majority of the population wouldn't be able to see.
>>
Why would having more items at your disposal make you better at arranging them?
By your logic dogs would be better at values.
>>
>>2842773
>you'd be putting certain things into your pieces that the majority of the population wouldn't be able to see.

Putting things in plain slight but mortal men cannot see. Think about it. What if the image of Jesus is in the clouds watching us but we cannot see it? He rose from the dead and was abducted into the clouds. He protects us. He died for our sins and the mark of his blood watches over us. What if...think about...literally he is watching us but we cannot see his true colors? Wow whoa, I mean think exactly how much color is in the world. And you say that isn't amazing?

In the future we will probably advance as humans and be given contacts that provides us 5 cones to see the world for how God truly set it up. A world in plain sight, but cannot be seen. Heh, what a title for a, say, anime sub title? Is this how Japanese come up with engrish titles?

Anyway it is useful. You can make art today and then in the year 5000 when we advance and look back at art today you will see hidden world from these artist...hidden with color. No I'm not on acid.
>>
>>2842781
deep
>>
>>2842777

You aren't seeing my logic. Dogs see the world through smell, not sight.
>>
>>2842781
Seek professional help, anon.
>>
>>2843052
Will a professional be able to see my world?
>>
>>2842650
>It's quite easy to see that man isn't created equal.
Man isn't created equally, but your logic is still retarded :^)
>>
>>2843071

I'm glad we come to agreement on one thing. You don't have to agree with my logic. God allows us freewill and decision so the choice is yours. Bless his name.
>>
>>2843075
>I'm glad we come to agreement on one thing. You don't have to agree with my logic. God allows us freewill and decision so the choice is yours. Bless his name.

Are you even trying?
>>
Irrelevant. More importantly there are people with inborn spatial intelligence and coordination far better than you'll ever have. This gives them a much better talent for art than being able to see more colors.
>>
>>2844763
You saying it's irrelevant doesn't make it any less insignificant.
>>
>>2841450
That's still a viable option in art. Black and white only.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.