[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing 14 hours a day is a waste of ti-

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: virusbotnet.png (749KB, 1198x303px) Image search: [Google]
virusbotnet.png
749KB, 1198x303px
Drawing 14 hours a day is a waste of ti-
>>
>>2840652
That's 16 hours for you lazy pants
>>
>>2840652
>implying drawing 14 hours a day doing nothing but studies and copying like a xerox machine is not a waste of time

Try again.
>>
>>2840656
Okay friend, go make a piece of art as good as pic related. I'm sure your self schedule has made you great!
>>
Digital art isn't real art anyway, you can spend 100h on one painting and if it still looks like shit, just move random pieces on different layers, use some more filters and add 50h more hours and it is ok because ctrl+c ctrl+v.
>>
>>2840656
>>2840663
>these arguments
Keep trying
>>
>>2840663
>Digital art isn't real art anyway

I wholeheartedly agree, real art is using charcoal on stone.
>>
Wait I thought FZD 16hr days was just a meme?
>>
>>2840673
It is. They actually pull more depending on if they're bad or not. Some pull all nighters three days in a row.
>>
>>2840670
>charcoal
>implying art didn't go to shit when ug invented fire
>>
File: lies.jpg (88KB, 700x497px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
88KB, 700x497px
>>2840691
Do you really think someone would do that? Just go on the Internet and tell lies?
>>
>>2840670
>implying real art isn't spitting mud around your hand in a cave
>>
File: smug music note.jpg (3KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
smug music note.jpg
3KB, 120x117px
>>2840731
>>
>>2840691
I call bullshit. I tried that once and the first things to go were my critical thinking faculties and short-term memory.
>>
How much of that is 3d models and photobashing? if none then, holy shit that's impressive.
>>
>>2840657

What's happening in this art, "people are standing around in I've played a fantasy game before land"? Of course the rays of light is where the quality kicks in.
>>
>>2840657
I think the point is he didn't spend those 14 hours doing nothing but studies and copying like a xerox machine.
>>
I'm actually trying to achieve something similar to this. I'm basing this on a couple productivity "hack" articles I've read. The science is probably dubious but it's been working so far.

I'm operating under the assumption that the focus needed to draw for long hours is a learned skill. I've broken up the "skill" of drawing for long hours into small chunks that I can steadily master over time. This is deliberate practice, as defined as discreet abilities you can master in 1-3 session. I split the difference into every two days and I up my drawing time by 13 minutes so I can acclimate the the time scale. Then once I reach 52 I take a 17 minute break.

After the break I build up to 52 again, then a break etc.

The 52 minute are ONLY spent on drawing. Not reading, not watching tutorials, streams, gathering ref. Simple pen mileage. That either happens before or after the drawing session.

Breaks are for COMPLETE disconnect from work and my working environment. I get up and leave, move around, eat, bullshit for 17 minutes then return to work.

I review my work after my drawing session and before the next one to see what went right and what I need to improve.

I'm on track to get to full time hours (8hrs+) by april 5th. Feels good.
>>
>>2840670
>>2840731
Wrong. Art is real only when neural impulses are directly transferred between brains.
>>
>>2840663
I unironically agree with this. I want the digitalfags to leave.

>>2840691
that's incredibly unhealthy.
>>
>>2841657
What the fuck is your guys problem with digital? You can obtain the same results as traditional art, and art is all about the result
>>
>>2841491
Nice, can you link me the articles that you read?
>>
>>2841712
>I wasn't lucky and grew up in an unnecessarily complicated environment
>>
>>2840652
yes. it is.
>>
File: 2_1_17.jpg (98KB, 667x952px) Image search: [Google]
2_1_17.jpg
98KB, 667x952px
>>2841722
http://lifehacker.com/52-minute-work-17-minute-break-is-the-ideal-productivi-1616541102

http://jamesclear.com/deliberate-practice-theory

https://zenhabits.net/early/

>http://dd.salgoodsam.com/deliberate-practice/

http://brandondayton.com/2013/05/how-to-practice-drawing/

http://orlincultureshop.com/blog/2013/8/16/illustrator-tips-on-teaching-yourself-to-draw

and probably more that I'm forgetting. All of this reading has affected they way I pursue drawing, but if nothing else read the salgood article.

I kind of want to report back in April now, maybe make this a case study for how to learn.

Might as well post work. Pic related. Not awful, just not where I want to be. See you in a couple months.
>>
>>2841742
oh and get a big ass wall calendar. Mark off the days you've succeeded and keep the streak alive.
>>
>>2841730
What?
>>
>>2841737
I guarantee you're wasting as much time as drawing 14 hours a day would do. The only difference is you're not getting better.
>>
>>2840657
You do realise these people aren't doing that right? they learn about form and perspective as well as how to render well.

They're not copying. When they do studies they're trying to find the form of an object and then go to town sculpting it via perspective drawings.

Nothing but fundies
>>
>>2841409
a lot of it is, but who cares? Why would you take the 40 hrs it would take to paint all of that, get the perspective in line, and then light it? It's a waste of time and photobasting/3d models are only "cheating" if you're too retarded to use your time wisely.
>>
File: 1484177876114.png (119KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
1484177876114.png
119KB, 635x493px
>>2842276
>who cares

faggots like you are why I fucking hate this field.
>>
>>2841409
Considering it's an FZDSchool student, I would assume it's no 3d, or only a few basic 3d shapes (in SketchUp), and probably a decent amount of photobashing to establish the pallet.
>>2842278
If you paint over the entire thing, every single pixel, so that none of the photobashing or 3d models show through, there's no way to even tell the fucking difference, you stupid, time-wasting, pleb.
>>
>>2842278

lots of people care, mostly the ones who aren't autistic and have social lives outside of art.
>>
>>2841742
Got any places to see your art?
>>
>>2842289

Explains why this stuff lingers on CA and a few other places and people would rather look at a basic anime drawing, people love photos painted over.
>>
>>2841712
>art is all about the result
plebs get out
>>
>>2841491

Ay that's really fucking nice, family. I wish I could work on a schedule like that but work and family that's impossible. I've been basically drawing for at least three hours a day since July 2015 and haven't let up. I wish I had more time but this is probably the best I'm going to be able to do. May I ask how long you've been drawing? >>2841742
is solid work. I dont really lurk /ic/ but I'll keep this thread open because I'd like a response.
>>
>>2842843
I got a twitter. @sidneydraws
>>2843208
since 2012 really, though I really started getting serious as of this year. Anything else?
>>
>>2842926
Please do your research, even professionals say this. If you can produce the product quickly and with good quality, the method doesn't matter so long as it's your own work
>>
>>2844126

This is the problem

>professionals
>product
>>
>>2844268
Are you one of those faggy fairy /pol/cucks who romanticize stupid shit for no reason?
>>
File: smug vermeer.jpg (162KB, 1016x1413px) Image search: [Google]
smug vermeer.jpg
162KB, 1016x1413px
>>2842278
>He doesn't understand what concept art is
>>
>>2844551
>Somehow managing to drag /pol/ into this
You're just making yourself look like an even bigger retard.
>>
>>2844598
Lol, guess I was right. Faggot.
>>
File: tumblr_nd6s1201Vt1tm4s2ro1_1280.jpg (482KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd6s1201Vt1tm4s2ro1_1280.jpg
482KB, 1000x707px
Im on this guys tumblr and his concepts are all amazingly skilled in sfx, light/shadow, perspective, painting, placement, etc but he has absolutely no idea how to draw people. these are ironically horrible. how tf did he just skip across basic anatomy/faces foundation and leap into high quality conceptual work
>>
File: sketchbook.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
sketchbook.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>2841491
I'm a bit unsure what you mean by this part anon, could you explain more?
> in 1-3 session. I split the difference into every two days and I up my drawing time by 13 minutes so I can acclimate the the time scale.

You mean you do 3 sessons of the 52/17 each day, and then 13 minutes into 4th cycle each day until you're up to 4 full 52/17 cycles?

Sorry if I'm being dumb it just confused me a bit.
>>
Can I learn to draw if I have a job and don't have 24 hours a day to practice?
>>
>>2845511
Yes. Next question.
>>
>>2841779
I guarantee you're just a dumb faggot who doesn't enjoy drawing.
>>
>>2845425
No I just increase the time I'm drawing.

Over 8 days

>day 1-2: 13 min
>day 3-4: 26
>day 5-6: 39
>day 7-8: 52

then 17 minute rest, and then work 13 minutes after that. repeat cycle. To simplfy, just for up to about an hour of drawing per week. I'm up to one cycle +13 as of now.

Admittedly this is all arbitrary and convoluted, the idea is to simply draw more every few days by small increments.

I also forgot to add that I'm working on a project as well. Instead of aimless grinding, I'm working toward making an animated short. In addition to draftsmanship. I'm learning animation, cinematography, and "production" on the weekends.
>>
>>2840652
25 hours a day, idiot.
>>
>>2840652
it is when youre just doodling weeaboo shit and "studying anatomy" way too much.
>>
i wish i started learning to draw back when i was still in school and had time for all of this. i am lucky if i get 1 1/2 hours of practice a day
>>
>>2841730
Your point?
>>
>>2849833
I was lucky to get 1 hour back then. Discipline is a different type of game.
>>
>>2840652
I only have four hours of free time a day. What can i expect?
>>
>>2852018
That you might not get gud as fast as someone with 10+free hours, but you will still improve well if you use your time wisely. Don't spend it all studying, or all doodling, or all rendering some huge piece; do a good mix of them. It's up to you how you divide up your time, different things work for different people.
>>
>>2852018
You can expect to have a good experience. I only do about 5 hours and it feels pretty good. Only issue is getting used to having to continue your work tomorrow or another day. Very unusual for people who are used to having finished a piece in one sitting. But once you get into the process, it's not a problem.
>>
>>2840656
rlly? I'll do this to improve my art
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.