[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is blind drawing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 56356956.jpg (14KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
56356956.jpg
14KB, 299x293px
How important is blind drawing?
>>
>>2840442
all drawing is blind drawing. you can't look at two things at once.
>>
>>2840446
unless you're not using reference, prokopenko
>>
>>2840447
damn. ive been foiled again.
>>
File: 1484863471525.jpg (144KB, 589x506px) Image search: [Google]
1484863471525.jpg
144KB, 589x506px
>>2840446
fuck, you are right.
>>
Varies person to person, very helpful warmup
>>
>>2840442
I think it's a pretty important exercise. It teaches you to carefully observe the subject as it is, rather than what your brain filters the idea of what the subject looks like.
>>
>>2840580
I don't have too much time but if i do this atleast 1 hour at day will it help me to improve?
>>
>>2840442
Blind drawing trains your hand eye coordination. In other word's, getting your hand to do what you want it to do.
>>
>>2840597
No not at all, learn how to measure and look at the paper when you draw not the model, gives much better results.
>>
>>2840635
Thank you a lot
>>
>>2840446
Unless ur tracing
>>
>>2841638
Is tracing a good way to practice?
>>
>>2841699
no
>>
>>2841699
There is no yes or no answer to that. It depends on whether you find a use for it, for example if you are trying to learn how to construct heads using the Loomis method. then it might help you to draw over a photo what you might think the proper construction might be. If you are spending 90% of your study time tracing then you're probably fucking up big time, and if you never try it just because someone on /ic/ told you not to then you're also fucking up. Try it for yourself and see if it helps you.
>>
>>2840597
Blind drawing helps train your hand to do what your brain wants better, so a little practice each day does help, but you have to do other stuff, too.
>>
>>2841710
Thank you, a flat no to this question is as unhelpful as using it for everything.
>>
>>2840442

Blind people can suck my dick, they are in such a minority so why would I care if a blind person can or can't draw. It's not like they can enjoy the finished drawing anyway. So not very important
>>
>>2841879

Blind people are the only ones who would WANT to suck your dick.
>>
>>2844276
How do blind people find the dick? Do they just gradually suck every part of the body until they find the dick? What's to keep them from sucking on some one toed freaks jumbo big toe instead of his dick?
>>
File: proko.jpg (170KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
proko.jpg
170KB, 640x428px
>>2840446
jokes on you faggot
>>
>>2845175
>filename
k e k
>>
I was thinking. Isn't all digital drawing done on a screen less tablet technically blind drawing? And wouldnt drawing on a cintiq type tablet improve hand eye coordination as good as drawing traditionally?
>>
>>2840442
It's a fun exercise, but I don't think necessary for everyone.
>>
>>2841699
probably not but it is an easy way to make schlock art
>>
>>2841699
It can help with learning proportions. Possibly helpful in learning the muscles and bones of your subjects too.

But shape and size need to be learned by observation. So just draw from life and what you see in front of you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.