[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crit pls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: not all snakes.jpg (1MB, 1500x845px) Image search: [Google]
not all snakes.jpg
1MB, 1500x845px
just finished, what do you think?
>>
>>2840236

Nice photobashing skills.
>>
>>2840242
>>2840236

Other than that quite a good job, it's nowhere a complete illustration, but as concept art it is quite nice. Nice composition
>>
>>2840242
I didn't use any photos
>>
>>2840248

Not even for textures of signs? Kinda hard to believe, must be your custom brushes then.

It's strange because there are some things that clash and some that feel artificial. I have this artificial 3D feel from some snakes and upper part of the man, while for his pants I have this filtered photo feel. Also signs look like they would be just pasted there and filtered, also artificial feel.

Maybe that's why I said about photobashing. Same for textures on the rocks at the bottom-left, like you'd just pasted them quickly and then sprayed some brush over it and filtered to fuck.
>>
>>2840236
Where are the anime girls?
>>
File: brushes.jpg (72KB, 700x231px) Image search: [Google]
brushes.jpg
72KB, 700x231px
>>2840252
just these brushes, but I can see how it could look like a bash. I didn't have much time to spend on this and to clean up areas on small detail levels. Thanks for the replies!
>>
>>2840236
How do I get as good as you and make people mistake skill for photobashing?
>>
File: nineties1.jpg (103KB, 660x730px) Image search: [Google]
nineties1.jpg
103KB, 660x730px
>>2840236
The snakes represent normie women and the sign represents MGTOW right?
>>
>>2840274
Well, it seems to me that if the end result is being mistaken for a photobash, then I just wasted an afternoon painting something, instead of photobashing it! :D Probably not a good thing. I don't like the look of heavily photo-reliant pieces, so it's kind of worrying to hear that my piece has that look also...
>>
it looks pretty great zoomed out, but up close the edges are bothering me a bit, try to make them softer and more natural, it seems like everything is too sharply separated; and I don't really like how everything is pure bw and just the yellow sign is in color
>>
>>2840281

Don't sweat these guys. Photo bashing has a very clear and undeniable look to it. This looks like a painting. Most of /ic is too amateur to give you a decent crit, and this thread in particular illustrates that the people who have responded so far have no idea what they are talking about.

The painting looks fine though. The idea is kinda funny, but It would probably work better if it was in color. Personal recommendation would be to continue working on this, add color, and smooth out the atmospheric perspective towards the middle of the canyon. You have some obvious hard edges mixed with the soft brush that don't look particularly flattering. And that can look okay, but as it stands it just looks like a WIP.

Basically, you're not done, but it's a good start. keep it up and be careful taking advice from /ic. For serious crits, email a handful of artists you look up to. Chances are that they will respond.
>>
it doesn't look like photobashing, whoever said that was a pleb.
>>
>>2840236
Pretty good.
Thing that sticks out to me most is the gesture of the dude.
It looks like he standing up almost unnaturally straight.
It's especially noticeable in the legs.
>>
>>2840285

Agreed, doesnt look anything like photobashing to me
>>
Good painting. Funny how it doesn't need a billion labels for someone to identify the message behind the painting.
Critique wise, I only have 2 complaints:
1. The guy's proportion is a bit off, the legs and arms specifically.
2. (more of an opinion) I wouldn't use pure white and pure black in something like this, specially considering the light source is partially hidden.
>>
>>2840274
Definitely not by making your own thread
>>
>>2840280
Ha... ohh, wait!
>>
>>2840283
I liked the yellow sign. Almost as if it gives a more important feel to the choice he has to make..
Like old school fairy tales. A fork in the road. The left is dark and windy. To the right a grassy knoll with sun and a babbling brook. Usually it's the scary path that ends up being the best choice. It's about facing your fears and growing from tough experiences!

I also love how the guy is all "uhhh, what's going on and where the fuck is my shirt!"
>>
>>2840236

It's a bit cluttered. Almost looks like it started as a study, but then you decided to add things to it.
>>
God, what happened to /ic/?

>>2840236
Think of base shapes in the composition, your composition is fucking bland. Also this is probably being taken as a photobash because people that photobash often don't know how to draw. Use more refs, muscles in the back don't move like that. It's very unnatural.
>>
Thanks for the feedback anons, this is my first post on/ic/, pleasantly surprised desu. I'll try to spend more time on this piece and post update in a few days.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.