[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Collar Slave Driver

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1485711193197.jpg (261KB, 791x644px) Image search: [Google]
1485711193197.jpg
261KB, 791x644px
How much work can I expect to get out of an artist for my money? Say a comic book artist, specifically? Do I need to contact an agent to meet big name talent or can I just call 'em up and say, "Hey you fruity hobo, how'd you like some beer money?"

Is drug addiction a thing with artists? Do I have to pay extra for someone who's not always strung out on drugs or has an ounce of professionalism?
>>
>>2839431
How many artists do I need to hire for a limited edition 10 issue print run? Say about 30-50 pages per issue, before ads?
>>
>Say about 30-50 pages

not gonna make it (literally)
>>
Are you a literal retard?

>how much eirk can I expect for my money
How much money? What quality do you want?

>his many artists
What kind of illustration, how fast, what work is there to be done/what do you even do yourself?

Etc. Etc.
>>
too many pages?
>>
>>2839455
I don't think OP can draw at all
>>
>>2839455
I don't know, like somebody whos good and professional but doesn't really have a reputation as anything other than a solid artist.

Like, serviceable anatomy drawings, action poses and flow diagrams, but not like blow your mind 2 page color spreads or full cover artists.

You know, like a sketch artist, an inker, maybe a writer/dialogue guy...
>>
OP is underage
OP budget is $30
Facts!
>>
>>2839455
as to how fast, maybe a monthly or bi-monthly issue, i'm talking a skeleton crew maybe, or just a small indy project done by a handful of professionals.

Like what kind of salary should I expect to pay these guys, or should I just hire them freelance and let them work at their own pace?

How many useful hours a day can you really get out of an artist? How many side projects can a guy handle? What can I expect out of a guy doing this as a sideline?
>>
>>2839464
I'm thinking maybe 5-10 grand, I mean, nothing spectacular just a little indy comic or something.
>>
Just give up. Your project is already trash because you asking advice on 4chan.
>>
I could maybe do the writing and panel layout.

Mostly I just want something to pitch at some industry guys and see if they will pick it up. Its actually kind of bland, sort of a laid back, low key melodrama thats about supers in the military. I don't want to have to share the spotlight with a bunch of other characters all living in the same universe, just something like a Darkhorse or Vertigo series set in its own little sandbox.
>>
>>2839472
There are some industry guys here. I mean sure, they draw pron mostly, but still, a pro is a pro.
>>
>>2839472
4chan is like fishing, you never know what your going to pick up unless you set your lure out there. I remember reading this one explain how muscular torsion was used as a basis for industrial machinery in a thread on /tg. You never know what you'll find.
>>
>>2839468
I mean I guess thats not bad for a little pile of seed money, with the right kickstarter and a little finagaling you might get something up and running.
>>
>>2839431
Find a decent artist on DA who does comic pages and has a good upload rate. See what they charge per page. Make sure you are competent at knowing what is good art and what is bad art. Have someone to second guess you. I'm guessing $75 plus per page if you want someone professional about it. Most artists are fickle children that don't have any concept of what running a buisiness is like, so make sure you are professional and work out firm deadlines in the contract. A full time professional artist should be able to knock out about a page of manga style black and white art a day.
>>
>>2839519
Jeesus, I knew you guys worked slow but ffs...
>>
>>2839519
>>2839584
I guess thats the price you pay when you hire somebody who do something that not everybody can do.

You ever wonder why drawing is so emotionally taxing and mentally exhausting? It honestly doesn't seem that complecated...
>>
>>2839519
>$75 plus per page if you want someone professional about it
fucking
lel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.