[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sycra progress

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sycra9.jpg (106KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
sycra9.jpg
106KB, 900x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7_gjWGqJQ

I see all this shit about sycra not making progress. In those 9 years he's made more progress than 95% of the users on /ic/. why the fuck do you guys shit on this poor man so much?
>>
>>2835586
Because ic is cancer
>>
>>2835586
>>2835597
>>
>>2835586
95% of /ic/ hasn't been drawing for 9 years.
And the reason a lot of people shit on him is because of his more recent forced stylistic decisions.
I actually liked Sycra's stuff before he started forcing this pointy meme shit.
>>
>>2835645
This.
>>
>In those 9 years he's made more progress than 95% of the users on /ic/.

This might have something to do with the fact that 95% of /ic/ has not been practicing for 9 years.

He's been forcing a style that's generally agreed (at least on here) to be horribly unappealing. Sycra's problem isn't his skill, it's his taste.

The problem is this board is also full of people who think art is supposed to be a linear progression where you continuously go "bad -> ->mediocre -> gud -> more gud -> better -> master" in some objective way, when really usually by the time you hit "more gud" it becomes very subjective. Some will appreciate mastery of the fundamentals in a more academic way, some will appreciate human photocopiers, some will appreciate a unique style, some will appreciate a push for certain colour choices/subject matters/etc. /ic/ fails to recognize that there are as many different goals and 'ideal outcomes' as there are artists, and these goals and outcomes won't always align for everyone.
>>
>>2835586

/ic/ giving constructive criticism is rare. Its very toxic. Its filled with edgy and pretentious beginners shitposting to compensate for their lack of talent which they don't wanna admit.

I definitely do not like where sycra is going with his experimental style lately, but that's subjective. But I'm sure as fuck that he's waaaayy better than most of us when it comes to the technicalities of art
>>
he thought pointy chins were a "stylistic choice", which is a really forced meme to suggest some identity between your drawings

it's edgy and ugly
it's only normal the internet makes fun of it
>>
>>2835645
100%
>>
>>2835656
Pretty sure there are a lot of artists here that have been practicing their whole lives and still suck.
>>
Sycra is skilled and talented, and way better than a lot of people.

but dear god the anime faces he draws makes me wanna tear my eyes out
>>
Sycra is a decent artist, arguably a pretty good artist, he just has a horrible "style" that he prefers to draw so the only time you see the good artist is in the rare occasion he draws something that isn't a pointy chin meme.
>>
>>2835893

I'm not saying there's not, but I'm saying that there is a point in artistic progression where your choices are not going to mesh with the entire world's preferences and I argue that's what happened in Sycra's case. He's bottlenecked by his stylistic choice, which he intentionally forced, rather than his ability. He's posted plenty of shit (most of it several years ago) to suggest he can do better but chooses not to for the sake of style.

Someone might argue that, to use an example of a person whose put on a pedestal here, Glenn Vilppu has been drawing for decades and has 'hardly improved' from where he was in the 90s. "Progress" tapers off after the first few years and slows to a crawl as you refine or experiment. Vilppu himself acknowledges this. And whether you refine or experiment becomes a matter of preference, you might refine an area that other people would rather you didn't. Vilppu has his drawing as his ideal, whereas someone might go "why the fuck isn't he doing art for my little pony like he did in the 80s!"
>>
>>2835586
I mean, he has a shitload of milage/experience,, and he is capable of doing some really good stuff (at least to me), i just wish he didn't have literally the worst artistic taste (is that how it's called) that i have seen. but yeah, he gets a lot of shit on this boeard
>>
>>2835645
this kills the /ic/
>>
>>2835586
>>
>>2835586
Well, all I can say is pic related is not worth the 9 years
>>
[spoiler]i like Sycra's animu style[/spoiler]
>>
I hate his style, it's just so eww.. wouldn't want to pick my dick in that
>>
>>2835586
Because a few months after this video he started the pointy chin series
Which is where he started losing his credibility and ic stopped recommending him
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.