[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i improve this painting?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

File: rsz_20170127_005207.jpg (2MB, 1512x1504px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170127_005207.jpg
2MB, 1512x1504px
is the boat too big or tree too small? that is the question
>>
>>2833952
chunbum have you ever actually been with a girl with boobs that big or are you just projecting your desires inside your paintings
>>
>>2833955
Sorry but I am just a guy. I dont have boobs
>>
>>2833955
yes I have seen a nude girl with absolutely beautiful body. just stunning

she was a model for me and my classmates
>>
>>2833959
your parents must think these paintings are so creepy
>>
>>2833960
>yes
>she was a model for me and my classmates
kek
>>
>>2833964
they dont think that way at all.

my parents think this is one of my best works in recent time
>>
this painting is 76 x 76 inches. it's taller than me. i am 6 feet 3
>>
>>2833971
will you be my tall painter gook bf?
>>
>>2833974
if you are a nice girl yes
>>
>>2833977
how many times do you spit on your dick and rub it til it cums in your sweaty palms a day?

how many friends do you have?

are you happy?
>>
>>2833983
I have lots of friends and I am extremely happy. I am very very happy.
>>
>>2833985
i've never had a friend my entire life, and im extremely depressed. at least im better than you though.
>>
>>2833994
your art?

i really doubt that. you probably have at least a few friends and your life is not as bad as you say

and i doubt that your art is better. it's different for sure. are you brian?
>>
>>2833994
when I was in high school I was extremely depressed and a loner. It's different now though.

Things will probably change for you too, if you keep trying.
>>
>>2833994
if your art is good, I will let you join my Facebook group for artists. We have several professional artists, as well as student artists. Feel free to share your art here.
>>
I am bored guys. Let's talk! You dont wanna join the Facebook group? How do I need to fix the painting?

And I hope it was a girl who asked me to be a bf.
>>
Cubism is dead
>>
File: Two Bathers.jpg (881KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Two Bathers.jpg
881KB, 1128x1600px
>>2834195
Is it? I think my art is the evidence that cubism is still alive.
>>
>>2833966
dont they tell you you should learn to draw first before painting?
>>
>>2834202
draw what? some people say that. Isnt my art proof that I can paint before I know how to "draw"? i already know how to draw. why do you insist on these baby basic steps when art is free, we are free as artists, and what is found in painting is different from what is in drawing?

Ive seen people who can barely draw who make great contemporary art. When I see them I am immensely moved and inspired.

Art is not a hierarchy based on skill. It is essentially a free endeavor of exploration and experimentation. There is no one you can say who judges and sets people apart based on skill, learning stages, or achievements.

Sure I think not all contemporary art is great. There is so much garbage out there. Contemporary art has gone off the edge. Its now con artists who make the most amount of money and win fame. There are people who deserve better.

But ic just doesnt get what makes good art outside of its narrow understanding of what is good art. There is no open possibility in your mind of a new experimental style in the visual language. Modernism is the best you can grasp. In order for something to be new it needs to be entirely different. It needs to shed away its historical roots and precedents of the old masters in its visual style. the artist sometimes has no choice but to make "crappy" painting or drawing that shows no skill because the visual style of experimentation requires it. but most important thing is that it is new, different and exists in a realm that is at the limitation of the universe, that no one could have done it better job to make the unskilled drawing or painting.

"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle"

same can be said for art. some people just get it. some people dont. the genius lies in the people who do.

do you seriously think a true artistic genius is someone who just draws and renders anatomy and lighting perfectly with some historical or philosophical implication? that's way too outdated.
>>
>>2834235

I actually agree. Also beloved by /ic/ Ruan Jia basically admited that he can't draw for shit, that's why recently he is practicing his drawings and lineart, mostly for the edge control. But his paintings? No strong drawing skills. He sticked with painting.
>>
File: rsz_120170127_145204.jpg (2MB, 1487x1479px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_120170127_145204.jpg
2MB, 1487x1479px
any input?
>>
File: rsz_1the_bathers_01.jpg (688KB, 1805x1825px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1the_bathers_01.jpg
688KB, 1805x1825px
The Bathers
final revision
Acrylic on canvas, 76 x 76 inches, 2017-01-27
Happy Chinese New Year!
>>
>>2835004
jesus it was fine the first time. you're ruining your fucking painting please stop
>>
I'd say cover some of the rough edges and smooth it out maybe? if that's no what you're going for I think its fine then
>>
>>2835006
>>2835021
its final revision so i wont work on it anymore
i like it.
>>
>>2835004

>Anatomy is wrong
>Gestures are wrong
>Blotches of blurriness
>Psuedo attempt at fine art that comes of amateurish
>Looks like something a 6th grader can make

It's awful but at least the color is nice
>>
>>2835042
wait until i win a major competition with this painting. you can talk the talk but this painting is much more than how you describe it.
>>
>>2835056
Not sure if troll but you really can't take criticism, huh... Stylisation or not, you really need to work on your anatomy.
>>
>>2834589
I'm late to the party but thought I'd give some of my thoughts.

Personally, I like THIS one. It has a Kandinsky type flow with Gaugin colors. imo, this one has that historical feel of the Old Masters from the 1800s Post-Impression era.

Your finished product you posted after this is okay. My one problem is that the reflection of the water seems too busy, not that that's bad (if that's how you envision it, stick with it). Your anatomy work is fine if that's the style you're aiming for. Your drawing and approach reminds me of Vincent van Gogh and others artists of his time. Out of the fine arts (music, visual, dance) visual is the most subjective genre imo. Do this style if it works for you mentally and emotionally. Too many people nowadays judge art based on how one can get away with CGI and other comp generated stuff and equating it with traditional painting.

as for the criticism you got here, I admire you for having the guts to show your work and your name in such a platform where anons can freely blast you if they want. I didn't want to go there and I hope what I said encourages you. Good luck and happy lunar year.
>>
File: The Bathers 02 - medium.jpg (605KB, 1934x1938px) Image search: [Google]
The Bathers 02 - medium.jpg
605KB, 1934x1938px
>>2835128
Thank you so much! I can sense you are a nice person.

My friend also told me the previous version was better, so I tried to revert back to it little bit.

Yes this is traditional painting so unless I cheat by using tapes or cardboard to make clear-cut lines and edges, it's way too difficult to make such stylization happen.

Here is one more final revision.
>>
>>2835056

Lmao. No ones going to award an egotistical gook that draws terribly anywhere
>>
>>2833952
fucking terrible work. terrible terrible terrible.
>>
>>2834235
>do you seriously think a true artistic genius is someone who just draws and renders anatomy and lighting perfectly
true, but dont fall into the trap of considering yourself a genius because you lack those abilitys.

the work you make is nice, but nowhere near genius standards.
>>
>>2835187
are you trying to brainwash people? show me your work coward.
>>
>>2835150
Can you take a picture with some fruit as a reference for size? You say it's huge, but I can't even tell.
>>
>>2835190
ive heard from people that I was an artistic genius.

Show me what is genius then.
>>
>>2835194

i would but you would probably cum your pants. do u want to cum in your pants?
>>
File: 20170127_225634-1209x1612.jpg (549KB, 1209x1612px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_225634-1209x1612.jpg
549KB, 1209x1612px
>>2835195
here it is
>>
>>2835198
what a bogus excuse.. you are disgusting
>>
>>2834280
>Also beloved by /ic/ Ruan Jia basically admited that he can't draw for shit, that's why recently he is practicing his drawings and lineart, mostly for the edge control
Source?
>>
>>2835196
when someone has their head stuck this far up their ass I don't know whether to laugh or cry... if you do think you're god's gift to mankind and can't accept that your art might have flaws - that attitude isn't conducive to improvement.

also this is the wrong place to ask for feedback/fish for praise on this kind of piece because /ic/ doesn't give a shit about abstract art.
>>
>>2835323
what are you talking about? my art has been improving continuously. I've been improving my craft immensely in 2016, resulting in this breakthrough piece on the lunar new year of 2017.

I think I can change that. If I expose more people to good abstract art like mine, people will understand abstract art more.
>>
>>2835218
You blew it
>All of those tangents (lady with oar sticking out nose, front lady's head lining up with horizon, the dark girl's forearm and the leg behind it, etc)
>Nothing is purposefully designed.
>Seems like shit is just thrown onto the canvas without actually interpreting it/giving it meaning.
>No composition (Where are the thumbnails? The value structure? When I squint my eyes/look at the thumbnail, I'm greeted with a busy canvas with no focus.)
>I like what you did with the reflections of fire in the water, but why the fuck did you abandon it for that spider-web design? You could've used the sharp, angular shapes for aiding the composition.
>All of those feet cut off.
>Why is there a bomb on the boat?
>Is that fucking ice in the bottom left corner?
>No depth, not even the easy atmospheric perspective. A little bit goes a LONG way.
>Just noticed the tangent of the two brown people near the tree.

I will admit, I like how you tackled the face of the main girl/and her torso. The other girl looking at us in the back is cool too.
Damn nigga, try it again but take a bit more time to just really hone in on what you want to say. Having one solid concept in an illustration is 10x more powerful than having multiple just-as-important ideas.
Renaissance painters were able to achieve such a standard of high-art because of the grueling pre-production process. A lot of studies, a lot of thumbnails, a lot of trial and error before attempting the real thing.

I mean, I commend you for tackling this full force. Not many people can do that. But now learn what you can from this painting. Take a step back and attempt another one. This time being a little more careful with making intentional choices with how you're placing a figure, painting a stroke, mixing a color.
>>
>>2833952
>how do i improve this painting?
First by pouring primer over the canvas and starting over.
>>
>>2835366
Thanks.

I will try to explain. The lady with oar sticking out the nose represents a liar with Pinocchio's long nose.

I think the composition is good. The focus is on the main tall standing lady.

It's good to have variation in style to reflect changing scale of patterns with regard to distance. The sharp angular shapes are already there. There is no need for more of it. If I put them near the viewer, the triangles would need to be bigger because they are closer, and that would completely mess up the composition. Therefore I chose an organic shape of spider web as alternative.

I think the feet being cut off is a good thing in this painting. I want the figures to not be isolated within the picture but step out of it. This is a good thing and a bad thing, but not necessarily only bad thing.

The ticking bomb represents the doomsday clock with situation involving Trump and Putin.

I dont like putting in atmospheric perspective. I just dont do it. It's my rule.

Most of the things in the painting were deliberate and intentional. I am not a goofy failure as you'd imagine me to be.

Thanks for caring enough to write a decent critique.
>>
File: seated-nude.jpg (100KB, 650x845px) Image search: [Google]
seated-nude.jpg
100KB, 650x845px
>>2835392
I'll try to refrain from arguing.

The Pinocchio symbolism, while I get it, just doesn't work well. It doesn't Read well enough to make that connection of "lying = long 'nose'." I like how she gazes to the left, in comparison to the other girls. Maybe play with that, perhaps in her eyes or color scheme.

I say thw composition is bad because when I really squint, there's so much that I can't tell. The lyer woman disappears, the tree merges with the boat, the figures limbs blend together (giving a sense of disconnect, vague, coagulation, or entrapment,etc.). The two bottom right figures get lost against the value of the water. As for the the waves, I strongly oppose switching representations of a motif within a painting. Not only does it confuse the viewer, but it creates unwanted disconnections between the desired representation of the object. Aka pick one way to represent an idea, and stick to it.

Your colors are alright. I wish you picked a much more limited palette which in turn would be beneficial to this painting. Like even an easy complementary scheme would work better. Or even split complementary scheme.

Another big problem is that you don't really have a shape language established. Look at this Picasso, there are commonalities to each shape being painted here. Not only that but the audience can go back and forth from picking out "specific, abstract representations of the figure," to looking at the composition and arrangement of actual abstracted shapes and the way they're designed. On top of all that, Picasso nailed atmosphere and mood just through his color scheme. This is cubism at it's finest.

Remember you can't always stand next to your painting to explain everything; no one is going to read your artist statement either. So just paint what you want to say and subtract/minimize anything else that is second to that.

Look up Understanding Comics and read about "amplification through simplification"
>>
>>2835196
genius is everything that you are trying to emulate in your own art.

your stuff is not new or shocking.

its just repeats of footsteps already taken.
>>
>>2833952
but, we already have matisse
>>
>>2833952

Step1. Sand the canvas with rough sandpaper.
Step2. Apply gesso.

Done.
>>
I asked a professional artist whose work sells for 8000 to 20000 and he told me two things:

1) this is a good painting
2) i am improving a lot
>>
You can improve it by pouring gasoline over it and then throwing a lit match onto it.
>>
Touch up the tree.
>>
>>2835997
why are you constantly asking other artists for approval? as someone who works completely in a vacuum i can't imagine that.

every painting you do you say a "professional artist" says it's amazing. Do you NEVER do a bad painting according to these people? is that what all these people are telling you? because that's incredibly unhealthy.

Haven't you ever done a painting that didn't come out good or do you really consider all your work perfect, and these "artists" are confirming that for you every step of the way. You'll never improve if you keep doing that.
>>
>>2836020
this is my breakthrough work. the problem lies with you guys on ic who say it sucks when it doesnt.

you guys either just doesnt get it or you are too ideologically biased against my art and what it stands for to recognize its merits.
>>
>>2836031

I don't get what you are doing here, caring that we think you are utter trash (which, let me be clear, you are) if you're this big shot making mad bank off your "art" and getting your dick sucked by all these great artists and teachers and jesus or buddha himself. Just fuck off, unless you do a 180 and become good (which you won't, because delusions of grandeur) /ic/ will always continue to call out your work for what it is: utter, total crap.
>>
>>2836031
To be blunt, yes your painting sucks from a technical standpoint. The anatomy is horrendous, the colors are terrible, the perspective doesn't make any sense.

I'm guessing this "professional" artist was probably an abstract artist. From an abstraction point of view, it's really hard to say anything since anything goes.

Honestly, my suggestion would be to look elsewhere, because generally the aim of 4chan is for artists to develop their technical abilities(perspective, light and shadow, anatomy, color, values)
>>
>>2836031
you are doing illustration though. this isn't fine arts. you are doing an illustration of what you think art should look like instead of actually emulating older artists. Just because you say "Gauguin" a lot doesn't mean you are actually taking anything from him. If you want to be like Gauguin paint like Gauguin. Consecutive brushstrokes and pastel colors. Not whatever this is.
>>
File: 1427385496249.jpg (337KB, 1280x801px) Image search: [Google]
1427385496249.jpg
337KB, 1280x801px
>>2835997
Who is this professional artist?
If s/he is truly a professional, you wouldn't be opposed to linking a social media or website, because that artist is already should be marketing themselves

Also, bear in mind. Anyone can say you've been "improving."
Seriously, if you just show two pieces of work you can say there's improvement. Improvement is subjective and is case by case

Did he mean improvement in the sense of technique? In the sense of confidence in painting? In the sense of a better painting than last time?

On what terms is he regarding this a good painting? Is it in relation to contemporary art? If this was compared to contemporary figurative art then this is utter shit

Has anyone really asked what you're trying to say with this painting? What is the meaning behind this painting and what are you trying to achieve?

> the problem lies with you guys on ic who say it sucks when it doesnt. you guys either just doesnt get it or you are too ideologically biased against my art and what it stands for to recognize its merits
I literally cannot believe people like you exist. It's like you live in this vacuum bubble void of any outside interpretation. The only time you look for aid is by asking "professional artists" about your work. That's almost like saying, "my brother said I'm good at fighting, so I can win against anyone who opposes me. Don't worry, he's a professional fighter." But when you join the local fight club you get the shit beaten out of you because you haven't actually fought anybody outside of your brother.

>do you seriously think a true artistic genius is someone who just draws and renders anatomy and lighting perfectly with some historical or philosophical implication? that's way too outdated.
Yes, actually. No it isn't outdated. Just ask the public, most people have orgasms when they walk through the Sistine chapel. I don't see anyone getting wet over an abstract representation of anger on a canvas.

brb filling this thread with good art
>>
>>2836050
he is abstract but retains figurative element. we are good friends so i will not let you know who he is.

My painting is inspired by Gauguin but different and new. It is abstract expressionism and cubism, not illustration. It has meaning and a message which you fail to grasp.

You guys are all talk but no substance. All lecture and no relevancy to the actual painting you are trying to criticize.

Improvement overall. Hes been looking at my paintings for half a year now.

I know lots of professional and amateur artists. I am subjected to all of their opinions. They tell me what to fix.

Genius is mostly an invention of modern and contemporary art. Master is product of academicism.
>>
>>2836062
Kudos are in order
>>
>>2833952
Youre an illegal fucking immigrant and I hope you get deported soon
>>
>>2836092
>we are good friends so i will not let you know who he is
Then his opinion is void.

>You guys are all talk but no substance. All lecture and no relevancy to the actual painting you are trying to criticize.
There have been multiple replies that directly criticize your painting, yet you blow them off saying "you don't get it."

>It has meaning and a message which you fail to grasp.
Which is what? If a poor guy like me fails to grasp the meaning behind your painting, doesn't that mean the painting painting actually fails at doing what it does best? A painting is meant to show meaning without vocal explanation. And you have to keep justifying your decisions through endlessly replying those who challenge your decisions.

>I know lots of professional and amateur artists. I am subjected to all of their opinions. They tell me what to fix.
If you cannot share at least one of these artists, then no one cares who you're subjected to.
>My dad works for Nintendo but I won't tell you his name because it might jeopardize his position.
Then why bring it up? Not sharing them voids their opinion.

>Genius is mostly an invention of modern and contemporary art. Master is product of academicism.
I'm sorry what?
>>
>>2835004
3\proko
>>
>>2836106
You can say whatever youd like but it doesnt void anything. Their opinions are legit and I wont share their names.
>>
>>2835185
Damn , fuck son.
True, Asians have the stereotype of being good at "art".
>>
>>2836112
>You can say whatever youd like but it doesnt void anything. Their opinions are legit and I wont share their names.
Exactly what I mean. You're just as bad as everyone else on here.
It's funny how that works.
>>
>>2836120
Thats your fantasy
>>
>>2835218
When I see it up close it's less striking, I need to take a step back to the point where everything is on the verge of merging into one another. Otherwise, it's not that appealing. Like the thumbnail looks cool.
>>
>>2836123
I've provided arguments to everything you say. And you respond with things that don't even make sense to the argument at hand.

You haven't even given an explanation behind your painting yet. You probably don't even have one anyway.
>>
>>2836126
thats because that photo was taken by a cell phone camera.

the other picture is better but 4chan keeps altering color temperature of my pics from my dslr so its not as saturated as in real life. either way you will find flaws with the image quality of the pictures.
>>
>>2836074
You make me wet like the atlantic, deep like the titanic, reeks like boiled cabbage mixed with catfish, foil chicken with kambucha, moldy pickle fickle producer of the underwater doucher.
>>
>>2836092
Genius, is almost always synonymous with revolutionary, "new".

There is neither revolutionary or new anything in your paintings. It's not like we DON'T want you to improve, YOU simply say things SO FUCKIN FARFETCHED, and you can never back them up (i.e. "professional art critique").

So,Chunbum

Why do you think you're so fuckin great, with the same face on everything I've ever seen you god damn post, which is alot?
>>
>>2836138
It's not horrible, but I don't see anything different from the usual that makes it your breakthrough painting?
>>
>>2836135
The painting is about how conflict shapes us as individuals and society. We homo sapiens drove all other advanced hominid species into extinction. We had superior intellect and could outsmart the other races. We had superior language which was adaptable to all the complex situations we encountered and could mobilize manpower to do big things. The absolutely beautiful and flawless women represent us the homos sapiens - tall, healthy, and well fed precisely because we kill and oppress all other species on this Earth. This is the hidden dark side to our existence.

The river is the life blood of civilization and a necessity for its start. Its triangular patterns are suggestive of futurism which emphasized speed and wonders of technology (and suggestive of cubism as well), and they are found not only in the river but on the figures themselves. The animals and the girl kneeling (who is a nymph that lives as one with nature) do not have such patterns because they do not have the human mind that is jealous, constantly agonizing, fearful, sad, and angry. They are not destructive like humans against nature but live one with nature.

The link between futurism and the humans with the colorful triangular patterns also predict one of two destinies for mankind. That destiny is found in space, the final frontier which people might be able to conquer in the future. The river is also a metaphor for space with all of its beautiful stars, galaxies, and nebulae. The boat can be seen as a spaceship or Earth itself. There is a ticking bomb on the boat, which suggests the other destiny for mankind - mutually assured destruction and extinction. Given people like that idiot who calls me an illegal, and Trump and Putin who are driving the world to a brink of nuclear conflict, such destiny is more probable.

In midst of all this, the one thing that I find most comforting about this picture is the beauty in the colors and shapes of the women which is unsurpassed.
>>
File: 1460945985509.jpg (131KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460945985509.jpg
131KB, 1080x1080px
I read your artist statement.
You're full of shit.

Out of all of the contemporary artists that I follow, none of them are as pretentious as you are.

What makes you better than anyone else? Do you think you're some sort of god that's gracing us with your artwork?
You're mental, and I'm sorry you have to live life so delusional.
>>
File: Mb2lyiA.jpg (252KB, 603x931px) Image search: [Google]
Mb2lyiA.jpg
252KB, 603x931px
brian is much worse than Chunbum tho. brian is shit person and I still collect dirt on him. Someday he will pay the price
>>
>>2836172
aw come on im not that bad. i sabotage myself on social media almost constantly on purpose. if people take the awful shit i say online seriously that's not my problem. all i really care about is if people like my paintings.
>>
>>2836170
No I am just one of many contemporary artists.

When I was conceived my dad had a dream in which I appeared as a tiger.
The night before I was born, he had another dream in which I appeared as a tiger with human teeth.
When I became incredibly sick as a baby, my dad had a dream in which a mother tiger walked in circle around me in cradle who was crying.
My brother also appeared in the dream as a tiger when he was conceived. That's how my dad knew my mom was pregnant with my brother and told her, before she knew from the test that showed positive.

Recently it's my mom who has dreams of us appearing as tigers.

In one dream there was a white tiger lying next to her.
In another dream a tiger came to our home and killed a horse-like creature and ripped off the hide in one clean sheet and laid it on the sofa for it to dry. It looked like an expensive fur coat.

So I know I am spiritually a tiger. Tiger is best of best. Rawr. :D
>>
>>2836180
It's too late. Online is serious business now.
>>
>>2836185
haha personally i think all the stupid shit i say on the internet enhances rather than detracts from when people meet me in person or hear me talk
>>
>>2836163
FINALLY, something that is actually tangible and can be argued/critiqued.

>The absolutely beautiful and flawless women represent us the homos sapiens - tall, healthy, and well fed precisely because we kill and oppress all other species on this Earth
Sure, but those women are most definitely not flawless. The complete disregard of anatomy (Anatomy shows respect and understanding of the human figure), the sharp, jarring shapes (curves and soft edges show the tangibility of the human form, and how we as humans can relate to one another.). They aren't tall either, frankly there's nothing to compare them to.
>The river is the life blood of civilization.
Ok sure, but why does it start at the upper left? And why does it end on the lower left? Is it indicative of the repetitive nature history tends to pursue? Why is there water in the embankment? Why is it there? Why is it separate from the river?

> Its triangular patterns are suggestive of futurism which emphasized speed and wonders of technology
Yes but it was never represented the way you have put on your canvas.

>The animals and the girl kneeling do not have such patterns because they do not have the human mind that is jealous, constantly agonizing, fearful, sad, and angry.
Ok, but why are they interacting with the women? Why is the nymph reaching out for the woman's hand? Wouldn't that imply jealousy? The horse is running after the women...why? Shouldn't they be running away from them due to humanity's destructive behavior?

>The river is also a metaphor for space with all of its beautiful stars, galaxies, and nebulae.
A river is more a representation of time. Space, while it definitely expands, can be more related to a balloon rather than a river.

>There is a ticking bomb on the boat, which suggests the other destiny for mankind - mutually assured destruction and extinction.
Okay sure.

cont.
>>
>>2836163
>The painting is about how conflict >shapes us as individuals and society. >We homo sapiens drove all other >advanced hominid species into >extinction.

False, humans integrated the neanderthal and denisovians into our gene pool. Thus creating a stronger, better, faster hominid.

>The absolutely beautiful and flawless >women

Well, ok... totally flawed, but that's part of their beauty, faggot!

> because we kill and oppress all other >species on this Earth. This is the hidden >dark side to our existence.

I agree, but I don't see or feel that when I look at ur painting. The poses are to stiff to express such powerful imagery.

>The river is the life blood of civilization >and a necessity for its start. Its >triangular patterns are suggestive of >futurism which emphasized speed and >wonders of technology (and suggestive >of cubism as well), and they are found >not only in the river but on the figures >themselves.

What are you on about, that word salad was like little brother Depak chopra.

>The link between futurism and the >humans with the colorful triangular >patterns also predict one of two >destinies for mankind. That destiny is >found in space, the final frontier which >people might be able to conquer in the >future.

Absolutely nothing shows the human technology connection or SPACE, in this painting.

My mind is numb after trying to do this!!!
>>
>>2836199
>>2836204
You make me laugh. I am tired and numb myself. If you want to believe this painting stinks so strongly, go for it.

In the meanwhile, I will be making new paintings.

My friend will buy this painting.
>>
>>2835227

>proofs? PROOFS?!

Here is most recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX_cIzpiluY
>>
File: d5436891a.jpg (1MB, 1254x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d5436891a.jpg
1MB, 1254x1024px
>>2836199
>In midst of all this, the one thing that I find most comforting about this picture is the beauty in the colors and shapes of the women which is unsurpassed.

Why couldn't the painting just be about this? Not only is it a much simpler concept to represent in a painting, but it's something you enjoy the MOST about the entire painting.
Your skill level just IS NOT at the level to attempt to represent everything you want to say.

There's nothing wrong with making a painting that experiments with shape design and color harmony within a figure. But as soon as you try to add on much larger concepts and ideas, there is much more pressure to represent such.

You just aren't skilled enough, nor experienced enough to be making such claims in your artwork. No one understands the painting because YOU YOURSELF do not possess the ability to CORRECTLY represent what is intended.

That is why learning figure drawing, anatomy, perspective, painting, composing, etc is all SO important. You learn what works, what doesn't work, and ways to represent the seemingly impossible concepts in your mind onto a 2d plane.
How do we represent space? Perspective!
How do we represent humans? Anatomy!
How do we represent atmosphere? Light and Shadow!
How do we represent the crumbling aspect of human nature collapsing upon itself? A combination of all of the above!
You just don't have the skillset yet to represent what you want to say.
Focus on bigger, more simpler concepts.
Focus on the way certain color/shape relationships trigger certain emotions/feelings.
Focus on the way anatomy can be used to express not only the human form, but can be abstracted to portray something entirely different.

People don't care about fuck-hueg concepts, challenging the whole existence of humankind.
People care about art that they can relate to. People care about the simple things. Life has become so complicated that simpler things have become more valuable and perishable.
>>
Relax chum, they are just mad an asian man has surpassed them in art.
>>
>>2836209
>My friend will buy this painting.

Exactly. Try going to an actual art auction and see if it sells to actual collectors. OH WAIT you won't because you just circle jerk with your "friends" in this vacuum you call life.
>>
>>2836120
That's an awesome painting.

It portrays the girls boredom and yearning to be free/explore. And shows the negative implications of being a day dreamer, all while maintaining the tension of both feelings, nicely balanced! I love the detail.

Just a great peice of art!
>>
>>2836224
>And shows the negative implications of being a day dreamer
Which are?
>>
>>2836223
I planned to take this to a juried exhibition but my friend stepped in and said he absolutely wants to buy this, so I let him.
>>
>>2836229
its shit
>>
>>2836221
Kjg, feng, Akira toriyama and Hayao Miyazaki. Just to name a few
>>
>>2836223
actually the friend is a collector himself. I forgot to mention it.
>>
>>2836229
This thread is a huge revelation for me.
It shows me that:
1. I don't have to be good at art to make money off of it
2. As long as I slap on a bullshit explanation to my work, anyone will believe it
3. And I can call myself the next messiah because it represents "higher concepts"

I'll never understand Fine Artists
It's like they live in their own world, separate from actual human critical thinking and interaction.
>>
>>2836226
Never getting anything done. Usually!

How do I know? cause I waste alotta time daydreaming
>>
>>2836235
a nigger is better than you....
>>
>>2836247
No, name some great nigger artists. There's not that many of them way more Asian and Caucasian, nigger bitches even be better at art den niggazz!
>>
>>2836256
illastrat
>>
>>2836224
Not really actually.
It shows the yearning of something greater within a girls mind. It contrasts the traditional roles of women with one who is "different." Not only seen by what they're doing, but what they're wearing, how their hair is, what their body language. Not only that, the spacing between the foreground girl and the background girls further emphasize this point.

The light values of the ocean and sky reinforce the foreground girl's silhouette, while everything on the right melds together. The woman with a white headdress gazing toward the foreground woman not only as a compositional tool, but showing a connection between the women. The white headdress contrasting against the dark values of the stone and landscape.

The vast horizon symbolizing adventure and unknown, whereas the shoreline symbolizing home, and safety. Further emphasized by the stone wall providing a solid foundation.

The contrast of clothes indicate personality.

Chu should read a book called "how to read art" or literally take an art history class.
>>
>>2836182

Your parents are faggots. Chip off the old block, eh.
>>
>>2836281
Cause he's so well known by the world!
This is besides the point. I was simply stating a fact, that Asians are stereotypically known for being smart, good at math, good at drawing, etc...
>>
>>2836311
So, I didn't write it all out. you are just speculating on what I may have been referring to.

Also, I dont disagree with you on the subject matter, for the most part. And I have taken an art history class. It's not like I gazed at the picture for a while. We are in a Chunbum thread, and somebody decided to post a great peice of art. So, I looked at it and just wrote something quick. It was really more so chunbum could see how well made art can convey a deep message and still be fundamentally amazing. Thanks for the analyzation, even though I think you come across as a snobby prick!
>>
>>2836358
I'm just mad at chumbum and this thread in general.
Sorry if I came across as an asshole.
>>
>>2836366
Nice dubs, also no prob I feel the same
>>
>>2835366
>Having one solid concept in an illustration is 10x more powerful than having multiple just-as-important ideas.
>Renaissance painters were able to achieve such a standard of high-art because of the grueling pre-production process. A lot of studies, a lot of thumbnails, a lot of trial and error before attempting the real thing.
>I mean, I commend you for tackling this full force. Not many people can do that. But now learn what you can from this painting. Take a step back and attempt another one. This time being a little more careful with making intentional choices with how you're placing a figure, painting a stroke, mixing a color.

THIS
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.