[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The process of creation: Seperating Art from Autism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: kkk.png (363KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
363KB, 1024x768px
For starters, let me preface by saying pic related is not a work of art by my definition. It is a representation of what goes into the creative process:
Delusion, Intoxication and Self.

I am autistic so my art about art itself is in an example of someone putting too much or too little into the 3 categories. In other words, autism art is when you look at a work and say "wow that's a lot of time commited, but uh why would anyone do this?" notice how pic related lacks:

Cube:Delusion: This is your ability to delude the viewer into thinking said picture is not a picture, but rather "realistic" aka studies

Skull:Intoxication: Style, it sweeps you under like graffiti, but most of all it points to a particular individual. pic related is ambiguous as balls, its a vague anime style. aka your choices, the things you have control over.

Mirror:Self: Have i included anything in pic related about my personal human experience ? all you know is that i am autistic but is this is a piece about how autism affects me day to day?
aka your experiences that you lack control over

a more successful piece would be thus:

it wouldn't have to be totally realistic, but say i have an anime piece of an autistic individual with consistent lighting, the style uses a lot of saturated colors and i based it off studies of photos from my day to day life, which allows for nice details.

doesn't that feel better on your brain? sure feels better on mine.

In conclusion, i think talent is autism. Normal art is hard work. but eventually the autist needs the normie to show him how to work hard & the normie needs the autist to show him how to think more creatively.

Let this be me extending my hand out in cooperation /ic/ tell me about your creative process if your art is meta in nature, and if you are good at doing realism, tell us weirdo's how much to invest for real. I think all of us could learn from one another.
>>
I think autistic people shouldn't create art desu.
>>
tl;dr

Stop shitting up the board with your pseudo intellectual autism diarrhea
>>
>>2832674

You're trying hard to be deep but it's coming off disjointed and nonsensical. Just because you are autistic doesn't mean you're smart.

Educate yourself and in a few years come back.
>>
File: fountainduchamp.jpg (69KB, 840x998px) Image search: [Google]
fountainduchamp.jpg
69KB, 840x998px
>>2832674
You are missing a very important point, which is possibly caused by your self-admitted autism.
The delusion, intoxication and mirror as you call them are intertwined. Not all art is figurative, and even if it is you have to realise that that is a personal choice. These choices that follow from the delusion/mirror combo and could be described as what you call 'style'. A third factor in this is the public in a sense that is completely unrelated to one's own presenting of art or your feelings towards your own work. Look up 'art brut' which in its purest form is art created for one's self without any inference of any public and that was never intended to reach said public.
To sum it up:
1 The self
2 The choices you make(execution)
3 An independent public.

Now let me be clear I am not much of a fan when it comes to contemporary art and it arguments, but when you want to phylosophize about art you can't ignore history.

Public art evolves around the artists decisions. Pic related is one of the prime examples of this. Duchamp wanted to make fun of(then) contemporary art(1) and decided to pick up an urinoir from the trash and present it as a valuable piece of art. His 'style' as you call it could be described as conceptual(2). He defended his 'art' by saying that due the fact that he choose, or predestined this trash to become art it had evolved into something worth putting in a gallery. He finished his work by signing it. Now, people gladly accepted this idea and The Fountain became wildly popular, against the will of the artist himself whose purpose was to ridicule the artistic elite(3).

For many decades before art was seen as an expression of awe of god, the devine or the numinous. In modern days, with the growth of atheism it had to become something else as apparently men has an unsuppressable urge to express himself artisticly as well as to find reason within his own actions.
>>
File: IMG_7267.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7267.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>2832674
>For starters, let me preface by saying pic related is not a work of art by my definition.

Everything is art you mewling fuck.

>I am autistic

probably not even
>>
>>2832674
>Seperating Art from Autism
>anime pic
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.