[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Androgynous Figures?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: incase andro.jpg (112KB, 655x771px) Image search: [Google]
incase andro.jpg
112KB, 655x771px
Most guides focus on clear cut male vs female figures - are there any for neutral humans?

Not looking for "chicks with a dick drawn on them" - but legit androgynous / agender - maybe tomboy or femboy? Especially looking to find any artists who have successfully managed ambiguous faces (and if body types have details beyond a male-torso on female hips?).

>Image somewhat related (INCASE does some interesting work)

INB4 Degeneracy
(actually trying to put together a character heavy on disguises, hence the desire to put together a good base)
>>
people have either/or and any androgynous features would probably be done through the figure's costume
>>
>>2829197
hide thread
>>
>>2829197
In terms of body type, there isn't really an androgynous version. Design your character with mildly feminine features on their face.
>>
>construct female
>build male features on top
>optionally design female costume (clothes, hair, makeup) or use loose clothes for added confusion
>>
Thank you all for the ideas. Helped me figure out how to think of this.

>>2829274
Seems silly in hindsight, but this is solid. Forgot that humans default as female in the womb (male traits form afterward, after testosterone induces changes, hence why guys still have nipples).

Was worried that square-bodied teenagers would be the only resource - but with your post, I just realized /fit/ girls might be a good source of figures.

Draw female, then add male features.

>>2829273
Randomly, I just found software generated facial morphs - this might be what I needed (pic related). Faces tend to be where I find characters look one way or another (or the artist goes anime-ish, picking a style where it's impossible to discern).

>>2829206
Yeah, costume goes for a lot. But building a naked body model makes it easier to figure out what costumes will pass (easy example: when switching costumes, always hide any bulge/tits).

I remember - long ago - something from a trap saying how they favored oversized props (like bottles) that make their hands seem smaller (by comparison). Details like that can be useful for an ambiguous costume.

Anywho - thanks all for your thoughts.
>>
File: morphs.jpg (31KB, 494x288px) Image search: [Google]
morphs.jpg
31KB, 494x288px
(pic attached, derp)
>>
Children, essentially.
>>
File: tmp_32326-images(3)-845555700.jpg (22KB, 739x415px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32326-images(3)-845555700.jpg
22KB, 739x415px
>>2829516
Check out the animu "Kino's Journey" and copy the main character. I couldn't figure out their gender until the show straight up told me.
>>
File: musclemod.jpg (63KB, 645x655px) Image search: [Google]
musclemod.jpg
63KB, 645x655px
Think I found a solution - might be useful for some.
I can solve this by rigging this in Skyrim.

>http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15339/?
This mod varies the skeleton/proportion by race & gender.
Female Orcs use masculine animations.
So grab the Female Orc file....and rename it so it replaces one of the elves.

>http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24273/?
Now I make an elf - using Ethereal Elves (fixes the face a bit - more high-rez, less deformed, but still very angular features, making them distinct from the more clear-cut Human genders).

>Install a body mod
....and slide the curves to 0. Actually, the body mod comes with a model changer (so I eliminated the boobs altogether on the female model).

>http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44/?
Finally, retexture the skin (hirsute female? enhance muscle).
Some parts (like the chest) are deformed, but I can lift the muscle for a new texture.
Pic related.

TLDR:
Instead of a child (meh) or anime style (meh)...
...build a live reference model (boob-less female with heavy muscle).
>>
Try to combine a skinny masculine frame with soft features like rounder (not fat) thighs and calves. Slim waists also work. For faces I think it goes both ways. With the right body, a feminine or masculine face can look androgynous. Try mixing features, there's many ways of making someone look androgynous.
>>
File: 1396832706328.jpg (41KB, 720x476px) Image search: [Google]
1396832706328.jpg
41KB, 720x476px
There are obvious signs as to what gender you are. Some of these include but are not limited to: Longer nose ridges for men, shape of the pelvis and by extention shape of the ass and hips(Very obvious differences), Size of ribcage, angle of the lower ribs, width of the shoulders, Hairline, Ratio for head feature's placement, Size of hands and feet, neck thickness, overall muscle and tendon definition, shorter torso and arm length for women, by extention women have longer legs, the angle of the femur.

An androgynous man has smaller than average jaw, but cannot escape a larger brow and nose ridge than a women. He can have narrow shoulders, but cannot escape the size of his ribcage, his longer arms, large hands, and natural muscle definition. His pelvis always betrays his gender, but his legs can be longer, though his feet will not be smaller. He lacks muscles and muscle definition. He does not have an hourglass shape, so he must rely on posture, clothing, and hair to disguise himself.

An androgynous woman has more square jaw, but does not have a long nose ridge. She is fit and displays muscle definition. Her breasts are small. Her pelvis is wider than a man's, her legs are further apart. She has small hands and feet, but she can have short legs. She relies on clothes to hide her relatively thin waist, and angles her knees more outward when walking.

Finally, to close out, everything stated here are tricks when designing the character. Real human beings are extremely unlike eachother, with only a few things being almost universally noticeable, with the most noticeable difference being the hips and pelvis.
>>
>>2830443
10/10 post

Literal checklist of areas to double-check (and emphasize more clothing over ambiguity).
>>
With regards to posture, something that pops to mind is that men are usually drawn with their elbows pointed ouward. Gorilla posture. While women are drawn with elbows tucked inwards. So reverse it. A tomboy mechanic girl might carry her arms in a more masculine way, showing that she is less graceful and ladylike.
>>
>>2830443
Quality stuff mate cheers
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.