[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the sticky work or it's just a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 4654156.jpg (8KB, 172x292px) Image search: [Google]
4654156.jpg
8KB, 172x292px
Does the sticky work or it's just a meme?
>>
>>2828461
hard work works, now draw.
>>
>>2828461
The sticky has not helped anyone on this board.
Fact.
>>
>>2828469

> opinions

Not the point of the sticky, its suppose to point you in the right direction. No one can help you if you're hopelessly lazy. Now fuck off.
>>
The sticky only gives you tools, It's a meme to think the sticky will guide you by hand
>>
>>2828465
>hard work works
not if you're doing it wrong
>>
>>2828477
The process is self-correcting, so it's fine if you do it wrong. You'll do it wrong no matter what in the beginning.
>>
>>2828478
>You'll do it wrong no matter what in the beginning.

You'll do it ignorantly.

The work is enlightening and makes you realize things that looking or reading alone does not.

After which, you'll do it wisely.
>>
>>2828477
>>2828484

retard, learning is part of the working process. You need to learn and to practice to develop skill and experience.
>>
>>2828508
Chill autismo, we're on the same page.
>>
>>2828520
Fuck YOU

Fucking RETARD
>>
>>2828520

>>2828527 not me

also sorry, tired and misread your second post.
>>
>>2828461
>tfw i actually need real criticism but people are shitposting
>>
>>2828604

Criticism of what? Your abilities to make decisions for yourself.
>>
>>2828624
criticism about contention points, phrasing and design choices for the sticky
>>
>>2828640

it's good enough, and what exactly is the debate against the sticky? Or is pure speculative just for the hell of it.
>>
>>2828653
Contention points may be half truths ive discussed with others like "As long as you keep symbol drawing, you will not improve.
" in favor of having conciseness in message. Or the order of presentation, or presentation at all of some points. Common mistakes is a minefield as far as I'm concerned when it comes to objectiveness, but it does follow the theory and message. Lack vs Addition of jokes for emphasis or making short. Making it easy to read and being short vs being expansive but having a less important core message.

All things I worry as we enter the "condensation" phase. I've killed non essential sentences that contained information, but left redundancies at key points "Second is putting down the initial shapes, hopefully, using the form and construction previously mentioned."

Honestly any feedback is useful.
>>
unless you're slow it's mostly stuff you've probably already picked up on yourself. If you're an absolute newfag to art though it'd prolly be worth a look.
>>
>>2828658

I never heard the term symbol drawing before coming to /ic/, but I was familiar with it the idea. Understanding forms three dimensionally went without saying once you were past the beginner phase. Its good the sticky addresses this, because it's true and beginner needs to hear it.
The presentation is ok, it fits well with the mood of the board and it goes from one topic to the next rather smoothly.
As far as warning about beginner mistakes, don't worry too much about it. You will never be able to warn against every single mistake one can make as there is a infinite number of them. Just list the main ones and all other problems should be handled by crits or other resources.
It is better to be concise as people who are willing to do extra reading will follow the links and those who are not will still get the idea.

You can only explain the basics so much. It has a load of information about what to expect, breaks down the drawing process well and gives lots of useful information to help branch out of the beginner phase.
>>
>>2828461
Its a meme, because books that are there are not for complete beginners. For example Fun with Pencil actually needs you to have at least some knowledge and skill about drawing, so its nonsense to have it as a first book. Keys to Drawing is really the best, because it teaches you to draw what you see, not what you think is there.

I never followed sticky and I feel no regrets, because its bad.
>>
>>2828747
What version of the sticky are you looking at?
>>
>>2828747

> never followed sticky and I feel no regrets, because its bad.

no, you just can't read.
>>
>>2828773
actually i think hes referring to the "literal" sticky
>>
>>2828469
This is false. The sticky helped me lots. Draw threads too.

Nothing beats hard practice and drawing from life, the sticky will guide you to the right methods.

Admittedly, it is kinda convoluted. You don't need all of it, just the stuff you're interested in. My big advice would be to stop drawing from photos completely.
>>
The actual sticky is shit. This sticky is good:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#
>>
>>2831836
>My big advice would be to stop drawing from photos completely.

Oh fuck off

Life drawing is always better but you can't discount photo reference for things most people don't have easy access too. Where am I going to find a skull, or a Peacock? Or a Peacock's skull?
>>
>>2831836
>My big advice would be to stop drawing from photos completely.
Better kys than giving shitty advice, faggot. Drawing from life is obviously the better choice, but there's nothing wrong with drawing from photos.
>>
File: IMG_5011.jpg (2MB, 2302x2944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5011.jpg
2MB, 2302x2944px
>>2831836
> My big advice would be to stop drawing from photos completely.
fuck that paint memes faggot.
>>
>>2831841
thank you so much for this. Really appreciate a detailed treatment.
>>
>>2831836
>My big advice would be to stop drawing from photos completely

Stop giving advice.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.