[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Painting - economic inequality?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Inequality Art 9.jpg (57KB, 359x330px) Image search: [Google]
Inequality Art 9.jpg
57KB, 359x330px
Some time ago, I was perusing the topic of economic inequality on wikipedia, and there was a painting in the side bar that caught my attention. I think it was an old oil painting, maybe 17-1800's? Victorian maybe? That may or may not be accurate... I know next to nothing of art history, or art in general, really. The picture on the left captures the tone of the one I'm looking for, but this isn't it.

The painting portrayed a bunch of fat wealthy bankers and other socialites seated in chairs. Beards, pocket-watches, top hats, etc.. Appeared to be a whole sea of them, perched upon the broken backs of the working class. Every individual was busy toiling away at some horrible labor while simultaneously holding up these fat, undeserving bastards.

It was a very poignant piece, one that sticks out in my mind, but now I can't seem to locate it anywhere. I was able to locate it somewhat easily before with a couple searches, the subject came up in conversation and I was surprised to discover its now difficult to find.

Kudos to anyone who can manage to locate this thing, I regret not writing down the name of the piece or the artist. Could by my ineptness, could be Google's political motivations. lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>>
Shameless bump..
>>
File: weruleyou.jpg (253KB, 514x640px) Image search: [Google]
weruleyou.jpg
253KB, 514x640px
>>2827613
is it this?
>>
>>2827728
I saw that one in my search results too... but no, that's not the one :(

But, I didn't take a closer look at this one until just now... curious though. thanks for the input!
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.