[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time trying aquarelle (or is it watercolour in english

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 14850989146501734553698.jpg (1014KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14850989146501734553698.jpg
1014KB, 3264x1836px
First time trying aquarelle (or is it watercolour in english ?), what do you think guys ?
>>
>>2827322
>that face
>that breast curve
check your fundamentals cis scum
>>
>>2827347
cis scum ? you have something locked in your ass ?
>>
>>2827361
What kind of faggot prints out an anime pic? A hentai at that. Are you autistic?
>>
>>2827376
Someone who doesn't like to draw with a screen but need a paper ?
>>
>>2827322

Quite ok control of a medium, especially for the first timer.

Now just work at 2 things - getting proportions right (you rushed linework, I see you changing some stuff, but it's not concious and deliberate) and values.

Especially values hamper your piece, they aren't consistent and thought out.

See how dark are areas under the breasts in original piece or the parts of the legs in the background - in your piece areas under the breasts are much lighter than feet. Those thights in the background also should have the value similar to the foot.

Speaking of feet - why one of your feet has much lighter color value than the other? I see no reason for it.

I think you should spend a bit more at the piece, you can't correct proportions now, but with what you have you can try tinkering with color values and pushing important darks darker.

Other than that - good first effort I guess. Remember - next time spend more time in getting better proportions for lineart and laying down right values. I understand that it might be hard in watercolor because you can't fix it if you go too dark, but yeah, you have to be more bold. Also practice on the side making softer edges, it's especially visible on your foot that you struggle with it.
>>
>>2827322

Fundies before undies, anon.

Read the sticky. If you can't get a copy of a picture, you're still symbol drawing, and that means you're not drawing what you see.
>>
>>2827476
will read it. Didn't even know this "symbol drawing" things, seems interesting, thanks mate
>>
>>2827468
thanks for the feedback mate.
For difference of colors, feet or areas under breasts, it's just because i took too much paint at once, and couldn't correct it. But you're right thought
For the soft edges, yeah, it's a real struggle, always been. Will try to spend more time on it next time (you're right for the "rushed" part, i jsut wanted to paint it)
>>
>>2827382
Seems like you're just mildly tracing. Learn to draw first, you wouldn't even need a reference when you know what you're doing.
>>
"cis scum ? you have something locked in your ass ?"

/ic/ is too nice for unknow reason
What the fuck
>>
>>2827527
Tracing like with tracing paper ? you wut ?

"learn to draw". OK.
>>
>>2827530
I mean you were just copying every single line.
>>
>>2827539
ah yeah, that's the point
>>
>>2827539
without a reference, i can't draw shit
>>
>>2827322
>aquarelle
>that drawing
Just kys youself, my comrade.
>>
>>2827581
>comrade.
The walls betrayed him
>>
>>2827476
>Fundies before undies, anon.
Made my day!
>>
>>2827539
that's not what tracing is buddy
>>
>>2827526

>(you're right for the "rushed" part, i jsut wanted to paint it)

Yeah, it's always a struggle, you normally are patient, but at some point you just think "I'm sick of it, let's just finish it already/move on". I find it one of the most difficult things in drawing/painting.
>>
>>2827671
It's even dumber than that i just bought the watercolor and wanted to use it
>>
>>2827539
>>2827527

thats copying a reference not tracing you sperglord

>>2827322
>aquarelle

le faggot
>>
>>2827476
in the sticky ". Instead of drawing what you know, start drawing values, shapes and shadows" i have a hard time to understand it, would you have an example, say a step by step for eyes, in any case ?
>>
Kill your self footfag.
>>
>>2827468
You're what's right with this place.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.