[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ how do we become blissful and oblivious again? Meanwhile

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1446522462800.jpg (254KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1446522462800.jpg
254KB, 905x881px
/ic/ how do we become blissful and oblivious again? Meanwhile we study and grind fundamentals there are those who draw plain and cute things, have fun and get their work shared despite their terrible drawing flawed anatomy and lack of perspective.

It's almost depressing to be self aware of your faults, hinder yourself from posting because you know you lack the knowledge to provide a good drawing. No wonder we commiserate in a circlejerk and point and laugh at others in the "autistic improvements" threads.

The more you're enlightened, the unhappier you become.
>>
I'd rather be unhappy and good than be a fucking pleb that has no value and be happy with that.

Ignorance is bliss, all that stuff but once you want that, you lose.
>>
File: 16306237.png (43KB, 129x131px) Image search: [Google]
16306237.png
43KB, 129x131px
You know it used to bother me too but it gets less pointed over time until its like

whatever
>>
>>2826263
You're studying wrong.
>>
Ignore your ego. Let others and yourself acknowledge your own imperfection as a human being.
>>
>>2827525
This.
/ic/ is a hivemind of "I'm superior. :^)", when in the end you're still human which means you're still cancer. Humanity has been nothing but cancer and will never not be cancer, it is what it is. All you need to do in life is have fun, with the ~70+ years you have to your name when 100 years alone is just a blip in the cosmos noise of space time anyways.

Tldr; just live and learn (hurr durr Sonic reference.) Have fun drawing whatever you want and if you feel like your art sucks from the lack of knowledge, learn said knowledge, then get back at drawing whatever you want, now just with more understanding to help get pass something you didn't know. Ignorance isn't a fear, arrogance is.
>>
>>2828016
nihilism is truly the most comfy way of perceiving life desu
>>
>>2828022
stoicism is both more comfy and useful
>>
I'm narcissistic about my art so I have always felt this way.
>>
>>2828016
My suggestion is to create your own goal. What goal is the most achievable and truthful according to you? Stop buying the "make it" meme, make something in accordance to your own image, not some established standard of image like a sheeple.

>>2828974
Stoicism is against the principles of living comfy. Read nietzsche. The only acceptable choices of living your life are christianity, nihilism, and ubersmench.
>>
>>2828997
This. I wanted to draw 300 ft. tall robot lolis. I could have theoretically started drawing them, but they would look like shit. So I studied human anatomy, I studied a bit of anime stylization (though I tend to lean more towards western/realistic style), I studied composition to make them look life like instead of just 2D, I studied perspective to make the cities that the lolis are destroying look realistic.
Learn the rules first, then break them.
>>
>>2828997
>Stoicism is against the principles of living comfy.

>it's another guy who only knows Stoicism through Nietzsche's misguided bitching episode

They're not the masochists they're portrayed as, anon, read some actual stoic work. The difference is that to a stoic "living comfy" means living within your means, avoiding excess (which leads to discomfort), and not putting your happiness in the hands of externals.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7T_UvIxIM
>>
>>2826263
/ic/ mentality is not enlightened
do not confuse harsh words with actual knowledge
this is a toxic community, in a different way than hugboxes, it is unhelpful and demotivating
>>
>>2826263
Oh my lord just save up 22000 dollars and go to Singapore.
>>
>>2829363

I love you Gigantic-muscle-loli-destroying-cities-with-her-butt-anon!
>>
File: IMG_7273.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7273.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>2826263
The fuck is wrong with this board? Who gives a shit about "the fundamentals?" It's not the 17th century. Art is whatever the fuck you want it to be, and if you're not enjoying the process of creating something, don't do it.

>The more you're enlightened, the unhappier you become.
I'm pretty sure you're not enlightened. There are no "the fundamentals" anymore. If anything contemporary art is more about context and subversion than whatever the fuck "fundamentals" may be.

Are you trying to be a graphic designer or professional illustrator or something? Or are you just trying to make interesting shit? It's all schlock. Never forget that.
>>
>>2833152
I'd rather have fun and draw like crap, than not have fun and draw well while thinking that I was shit.
>>
>>2833418
>tfw am the latter but want to be the former
Give me your secrets
>>
File: 2016 .jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016 .jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>2833418
>I'd rather have fun and draw like crap, than not have fun and draw well while thinking that I was shit.
What if you have fun but also are sometimes frustrated by the process and thus more satisfied at the end? What if you sometimes make shit that looks good and sometimes make shit that looks bad and you generally just assume it all looks like shit and do it anyway because thats what learning is?
>>
>>2833418
Ok, Chumbum.
>>
That's the thing. I intended to purposely draw like a 14 year old girl while learning fundis and never abandon it even if I get good and land a gig in the industry. I found that enjoy it more than loomising all the time.
>>
>>2833447
I struggle with this too, but I find art to be kinda fun so I sticked with it. Also I wanna put some rude anons in their place.
>>
>>2833420
Move to less toxic places, no matter how good you are on /ic/ you will still be labeled as shit. Occasional criticism is good, but "you are shit therefore I am superior" bs is horrible.
>>
>>2826263
that's not enlightenment, you've just shifted your focus to somewhere that causes you to feel negative emotion.
you can improve, get really good, without doing that. it doesn't mean abandoning self-awareness, it just is getting into a really productive mindset, where studying and improving is simply fun as fuck.
but, uh, i don't know how to access that mindset very well...
>>
well some people can shed on guitar but nobody knows who they are. while somebody else can only play a few chords but they make songs people love. Think about your art. Is there anything to it? what are you comparing it to? Are you inspired or are you stuck?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.