[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with the feeling of Giving up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey guys

I've been an artist for a long time but since 2017 began I decided to work my ass off and finally learn fundamentals and learn to be a better artist.

Problem is ... i get depressed everytime i try to draw something on my own without ref. Today I looked at sakimichan's art and thought , oh well that shouldn't be too hard to do. I tried to do something but i fucked up and it got me depressed.

How do you cope with not being a good artist ? And depression due to being sucky at art ?
>>
>>2823040
You don't overestimate yourself and underestimate a master like sakimichan. You are shit, just admit it and move on. Get better until you're not shit.
>>
>>2823040
Bite the table and get back to drawing Miguel
>>
>>2823040
You just produce shit and move on. Don't try anything grand. Just sketch and do shit. All you gotta do is draw, and quality be damned. Just fill a page or two. Gesture sketch. Doodle.
Don't think too hard about it, anon.
>>
>>2823040
just keep at it, imagine the people you look at now and intimidate you where in your shoes when they started out
>>
>>2823040
It sucks but you have to get out of that thinking and realize that those thoughts are wrong, not the ones about you being able to do this. sakimichan's stuff doesn't have as much effort put into it as others' work but that's after you've mastered your skills and practice for years. Once you draw and paint so much that painting and drawing something becomes as easy and fluid as breathing to you, that's when it'll be easy like her. but don't think if you can't perfectly replicate it now that all is lost. For one, you might just have a completely different way of seeing things than her, but also it takes years and years of practice to be like that. Force yourself to keep going and know it's ok to take a break every now and then.
>>
>>2823040

Grab "Keys to Drawing with Imagination" by Dodson, you can see it here >>2814645

Just download it and read and do stuff from it. I won't repeat it here, because /ic/ is negatively attuned to being CREATIVE and actually HAVING FUN while drawing.

>I looked at sakimi and tried to do something like this
>won't be a problem

1. She has unique workflow that you don't know, which allows her to shit stuff one after the other
2. She draws fuckton, really, a fuckton.
3. She actually has sound skills and is a pro for a reason.
4. You don't understand her designs at all
5. You can't just look at stuff, put it away and try to do it from imagination, nigger what are you even doing are you retarded in the brain or something

Out of all of these, 4 and 5 applies the most to you. You don't actually know what to do. You never have tinkered with the design, that's why you don't know how it works and why other options don't.

You know what would be more creative? Just fucking tracing the lines, putting it in front of your eyes, and then copying it either by ctrl+c ctrl+v in Photoshop dozens of times or traditionally on fucking paper and with lightable - but with minor changes, tinkering with the pose, changing it, exaggerating, changing dimensions etc.

What, you think you can look at something and just draw it exactly like that? This is not how it works nigger. You do it dozens of times so you will think about vomiting at next drawing, then do some more and then when something asks you "hey, make something like Sakimi does!" you will think about killing the fucker with the pencil but at the same time you will draw the design you understand and know how you can change it.

Usually knowing fundamentals of construction helps with it and knowing how to expertly draw from reference by outright copying, but yeah, you can just put it all into the trash and just experiment. Better buy printer paper, you will need lots of pages.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.