[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best photoshop for old computers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Hey guys

My pc's graphic card died and it's now running on the backup card it has. Also to avoid overheating i can't really run the new photoshop , it lags as well.

What photoshop's good enough to run on old pcs ? ( 4gb ram , I5 quad first gen )

I heard CS2 is the best ?
>>
>>2822778
... literally any photoshop, im running cs6 on my 4gb win xp single core pc. youre running a drawing program not a fucking video game.
>>
>>2822822
You need a good computer to run photoshop and be able to draw without any "lag" or stuttering, so please stfu
>Drawing program
>>2822778
I'm using cs2 coz it's free, has less features but works well enough to just paint or draw
>>
Cs5 I'm using pc with worse spec and it runs fine. Just don't use hundreds of layers or adjustment layers.
>>
>>2822836
oh im sorry photo editing. get off your fucking high horse. unless you want to work with ridiculous high resolution images and filtering them all the while having a shit ton of layers. then youre using it for no more than its drawing features, now fuck off with your "cs2"

cs2 btw has the worse re-sampling engine so good luck with that dork
>>
I onced used adobe photoshop cs2 on a 1.3Ghz 1Gb ram laptop. It was okay
>>
>>2822844 #
Go and work on 100x100 canvas on your wooden pc then, you stupid fucking caveman. Every photoshop up to cs5 has that resampling issue btw
>>
>>2822869
>Every photoshop up to cs5
>clearly has no idea what resampling is
just fuck off
>>
>>2822888
R u fucking dumb nigger
>>
>>2822778
CS3 to CS6 should all be absolutely fine, first gen or not you still have an i5. You're well above the recommended system requirements. If you're running on integrated graphics the hardware acceleration features in the newer versions might be disabled, but that's not a problem. As for your RAM, just go and fucking buy more. If you have 2 slots open you can add another 4gb, should still find ddr2 dirt cheap.
CS2 is almost 12 years old now and not designed with multi-core 64-bit CPUs in mind.
>>
>>2822951
*ddr3, I'm a fucking retard.
>>
CS2 is free and works on anything pretty much. I'd go with CS4 though as it's not as old and feature lacking.

Failing that SAI is also really light.
>>
>>2822892
no but clearly you are seeing as you think an older version of photoshop would run better on an older machine. what kind of retarded logic is that
>>
File: 1484669704230.png (50KB, 224x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484669704230.png
50KB, 224x349px
Been using CS6 on my old PC (7 years old, quad core, 4gb) and it was mostly fine other than waiting a minute for it to load up.

Got a new PC months ago and still using it, but I can't find the way to make it recognize my GPU, so some options don't work. Does anyone have a solution for this?
>>
>>2822778
My system is very similar to yours and CS5.1 works like a bliss in mine. I highly recommend you to use it. CS6 is also great too, just a tiny slightly bit heavier.

It's when you get into CC versions where the performance demands shift drastically
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.