[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: PROJECT 1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PROJECT 1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
What do /ic/ think of my art?
>>
I'm kinda new to online drawing and shit
>>
>>2821431
It's sad looking through these beginner threads, sites like deviantart, and even forums where despite all the hard work people put in( hell even when they study their fundamentals) they make very little progress over the years. Yes the more you draw the better you will get, yes studying Loomis will help you make gains but the fact of the matter is if you aren't you will NEVER reach a professional level. You think most professional artists studied loomis for decades before they "git gud" ? No, it only takes a few years. My point is simple, if you been practicing for more than 3 years and you're still shit, then chances are you'll be shit forever, quit wasting your time.
>>
>>2821435
>le NEW FORCED MEME has come
>>
>>2821486
>arrived
fucking retarded
>>
File: 1484508859509.gif (2MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
1484508859509.gif
2MB, 400x220px
Ignoring the shitposting, you should keep going. There's an atmosphere to that one .
Maybe work on defining the background. the dark eye of the gas mask looks like it's outside of the hood.
Next time try not to make the lines clash or intersect at 90 so much
>>
>>2821435
>Copying reference and loomis mindlessly (repetition)
vs
>Drawing things from imagination and then using reference after to patch up mistakes (iteration)

Shitters that stay bad forever and never improve are always doing the former.
People that git gud fast and become pro are always doing the latter.

I've seen this time and time again.
>>
>>2822994
No one teaches iteration though.
>>
>>2823000
You don't learn it by reading a book or having someone tell you.
You learn it through your own hard work and self-reflection and criticism.
>>
>>2822994

Honestly you need to do both. I've seen artists on forums who do fundamental studies like Loomis/Bridgeman and greatly improve their observational ability but generally end up with weak visual libraries on the other end of the spectrum I see guys who draw from imagination and use reference to correct their mistakes and while they do have better visual libraries, their work just looks shit
>>
>>2823007
Wow, you're really good at this senpai, you should teach all of /ic/ about this.
>>
>>2821431
And yet another. POST IN THE FUCKING THREADS, DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN
>>
>>2821431
Online drawing isn't art.
>>
>>2821431
Video game isn't art.
>>
>>2821431
Can you please explain to me what "online drawing" is, exactly?
>>
>>2821431
/ic/ thinks that your chicken scratching isn't really art, but most of all /ic/ thinks that you shouldn't have your own thread, as the beginners thread would be a much more appropriate place to share it.
>>
>>2823007
You begin with observation and repetitions, then you move onto iteration.
>>
>>2821435
It's sad looking through these beginner threads, sites like deviantart, and even forums where despite all the hard work people put in( hell even when they study their fundamentals) they make very little progress over the years. Yes the more you draw the better you will get, yes studying Loomis will help you make gains but the fact of the matter is if you aren't you will NEVER reach a professional level. You think most professional artists studied loomis for decades before they "git gud" ? No, it only takes a few years. My point is simple, if you been practicing for more than 3 years and you're still shit, then chances are you'll be shit forever, quit wasting your time.
>>
>>2821486
Moron.
>>
>>2821431
This is pretty damn good, IMO.
>>
>>2821431
/ic/ here, it is shit
>>
>>2821431
Looks good, people will love your skill when you will a patient in the ward at the mental asylum
>>
>>2821431
Hey bro, I realy love this cause it reminds me of my fav game STALKER .
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.