[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I train myself to draw all day everyday? Can we have a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1461013908468.jpg (422KB, 1920x988px) Image search: [Google]
1461013908468.jpg
422KB, 1920x988px
How do I train myself to draw all day everyday?
Can we have a group dedicated to drawing as much as possible?
>>
>>2816259
i heard somewhere that everyone has two habits that they do to take their mind off actual work.

could be food, or tv, or video games, or drinking/drugs, or sex...

If you cut out one or both of those things you allow yourself to pass the time you'll find it's much easier to focus on artwork. Good artwork is about suffering, and putting your artwork before your own needs. Force yourself to suffer and you'll get better faster.

I think Feng Zhu had a video where he said to withhold having fun until you finish a certain number of hours of drawing per day, but I disagree with that. You should cut out something you do for fun entirely, and that frees up a lot of the space in your mind once you've lost the need for your particular vice.

Live a boring life, and you are more or less guarenteed to be a great artist, even if you only draw 4 or 5 hours a day.
>>
How do I shift my mindset from where art is painful and suffering to a point where I can't relax unless I'm creating art and it's as comfortable as playing video games or watching tv
It really makes me question whether or not I actually enjoy art if I can't fall into it easily
>>
>>2816346
Just draw some dumb shit for fun. Its not really possible for art to be fun 100% of the time, but I've been having a much better time since I started not taking it so seriously all the time.
>>
>>2816266
Live a boring life, and you are more or less guaranteed to want to kill yourself within a year's time.
>>
>>2816259
If you actually enjoy art it comes naturally, it's nothing that can be forced
>>
>>2816389
This is not true (not all the time at least). Art is difficult and it will not always feel good if you actually challenge yourself. The people that stop when they aren't having fun are those people you see on Deviantart who never get better.
>>
>>2816393
They seem to be having the most fun though in their little bubble of asspats. In fact, more fun than I see most people here especially in /beg/ where beginners rip their hair out trying to draw a box.
>>
A few things.

1. You need to train yourself to not stop when shit is looking ugly. I've managed to my suppress that "delete that right now" instinct, although I still feel it. When I feel it now, it's just a call for me to look at some references/other material to see what is wrong, or to move on if it's not salvageable. A while back, I would just delete the ugly shit I drew and sulk. That's a dead end.

2. Rather than cutting out something entirely from your life, absorb it into your art. Make it so that engaging with that material is, itself, an artistic process. For example, let's say that one of your problems is that you would rather play video games all day than do art. Start thinking of your video game artistically and allow the things that you like about it to inspire you and your art. Pretty soon, you would rather draw than engage with your guilty pleasure activity, because it gives you ideas and makes you think of the artist you might be in the future.
>>
>>2816387
I live a boring life for 22 years now and I still havent killed myself.
>>
>>2816393
See you in a few years bud
>>
File: 14831107663673.jpg (261KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
14831107663673.jpg
261KB, 1224x1632px
>>2816266
Good post except
>Live a boring life
I've been a neet for almost 2 years and all I do is go to sleep at 2am and wake up at 12 browse /int/ and /ic/ watch anime/films, have 23965 tabs open at anytime read through endless shitflinging and the next thing I know its 2am.

If I cut these things from my already worthless existence all my yearnings for companionship and human connection I've supressed with escapism will come to the surface and I won't be able to act on them which will make me very sad which is necessary I suppose but I'm scared.
>>
>>2816469
Are you me?
>>
>>2816469
Oh shiet that's me.
>>
>>2816266
>I think Feng Zhu had a video where he said to withhold having fun until you finish a certain number of hours of drawing per day, but I disagree with that. You should cut out something you do for fun entirely, and that frees up a lot of the space in your mind once you've lost the need for your particular vice.

Which video is that?
>>
>>2816469
i'll be your gf anon
>>
>>2818026
probably "learning on your own" podcast
>>
Hobbyist answer: Carry a skrtchbook, draw something you see whenever your waiting for somthing ec. Join a local artist Group for sketching. Find art classes.

Professional: how on earth will you handle drawing 8 hours per day 5 days per week as a Profession? (Minimum). I've drawn for 2000+ days straight, how on earth can you go a day without drawing???? I can't sleep if I don't draw at least for an hour....
>>
>>2816259
Cut the distractions, as many as them as possible. If you have a TV in the room you draw, move it somewhere else. Unplug your PC, turn off your cellphone and leave it in a different room. If you find music to be absolutely necessary, get an mp3 player.
The least stuff you have that can distract you the better.
On a side note, make sure you take breaks every 30mins, at least until you get used to it. Burning out is the surest way to make a good habit dissapear.
>>
File: 984.png (884KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
984.png
884KB, 1400x1000px
>pic related
>>
>>2818906
This.

25 min sessions and a dedicated place with no distractions for drawing.
>>
Def dont do what proko did tho
>>
>>2816259
Pick a coffee shop and go there every morning or at least once a day. Buy a coffee and fill a page or two of sketches. This is what I do and I find when you isolate yourself from other distractions you get a lot of work done. Also being in a public place seems to better my work ethic.

If you have an ipad or something similar with a small sketchbook you're set. Try not to bring a laptop or anything with a keyboard or multitasking abilities. With the ipad I have my photos open and that's it.
>>
>>2816469
Get a job. That will turn your entire life around. Apply at starbucks they don't often require coffee shop experience and you get to meet lots of new people and the job is super easy after the first few shifts. Then you just have to slowly cut out your 4chaning/wasting time. I used to brows reddit alot but then I made a rule that any time I was sitting down at my desk with my tablet plugged in I could not look at reddit or 4chan. You need a bit of self discipline and you must realize that going cold turkey is ALWAYS difficult. Baby steps, anon, each day when you catch yourself thinking "I shouldn't be wasting time here" ask yourself: Tomorrow morning, will I remember any of the things I'm looking at right now? If the answer is no, then close the tab. If the answer is yes then it must be important.

Try to put yourself in your "future you's shoes" Always ask yourself if in an hour or in a day what I will think of the time I am spending right this second?

Do this a lot and you'll ween yourself off of time wasters such as this reprehensible site.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.