[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abstract representation of emotion/thought

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (208KB, 1067x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 1067x749px
So I dropped a shit ton of acid, and the next day I just drew this. Opinions?
Posts of related artwork is welcome, and any thoughts about this as well.

>explanation
The eye is a representation of the sense of self. It's surrounded by shapes of all types, sharp, dark, light, soft, curves, etc. each line around the page represents a feeling that you can't really put into words. The eye perceives all of this, whether looking directly at it's surroundings or not, it is supposed to represent the elements inside of a mind afterall. The eye itself may look completely surrounded by dark shapes, but in reality, is just another shape like those surrounding it. Take these words for what you will.
>>
KYS
Y
S
>>
>>2815760

Take your lazy shitposting to /b/.

I find it's very soothing to paint abstract with no plan.
>>
Fuck off, we don't care about tripped out phone doodles, go take an overdose.
>>
>>2815766
I think the same, I started that sketch with absolutely no plan whatsoever. The stuff that we create as we go along is often the most interesting
>>2815760
Are you retarded or something
>>
>>2815772
I come asking for opinions on art, and you shit all over me? LSD is one of the safest drugs by far, but that's not what this fucking thread is about, I just mentioned it to give perspective on my mindset at the time. Closed minded, hateful people like you have no business in the arts. Get the fuck off this board
>>
>>2815777
Hownew.ru
>>
>>2815779
If you wanna shit post all day, fuck off to /b/ cunt. Read the rules of the board, some people actually care about art and constructive conversation instead of pretending to be cool to strangers on 4chan
>>
Anyway, this is a sketch I'm using as a base for a canvas painting. Just looking for ideas and thoughts before I do it
>>
File: yamamoto_02.jpg (527KB, 953x1280px) Image search: [Google]
yamamoto_02.jpg
527KB, 953x1280px
>>2815757
Perhaps you should repent from your degeneracy before your 'tard levels go even higher OP. Your doodles are rubbish, not only because they're void of technical skill but also because your shitty subjective experience falls apart under any kind of objective scrutiny.
>>
>>2815782
Your drug induced shitfest does not need its own thread. Could have easily taken it to any other drawthread and be a shithead there.
>>
>>2815779
>>2815777
>>2815772

This why /ic/ is for fucking faggots. It's apparently an 'art' board. but only circle jerks over the most hyper realistic paintings and drawings. I've seen people here shit on Picasso and Dali.

This board is the 4chan's version of the super strict Chinese dad. I just come here to ruse the technical faggots and watch them act like little girls. This is my favorite hobby and I like all mediums and styles.

Keep drawing OP.
>>
>>2815784
No one piece of art is "better" than any other. They're just different ways of representing ideas. I guess it may not fit your ideals, but it fits mine and a lot of other people's. There's meaning and feeling in every bit of my work, and it's not like I only do abstract shit. Your criticism is completely useless, not constructive whatsoever. art is subjective, not objective. certain people like certain forms of art, get over it, your opinion is not objective
>>
>>2815786
Very true post, Thankyou greatly anon, I appreciate hearing anything reasonable. It is pretty entertaining to see how these people act
>>
>>2815787
But we can all agree that one type of art objectively takes more skill and knowledge than the other.
>>
>>2815787
but thats wrong, your art is lazy and shitty, and theres objective factors that you can use, like the fact that you put no actual effort on thought into your piece and very obvious tells that you don't know what you're doing, because yes, you CAN make more abstract art that actually looks good and follows simple design rules, or breaks them in very deliberate ways
>>
>>2815757
obviously your skills are blocking your way to put your thoughts on paper
>>
>>2815787
Don't you think literally everyone by now is familiar with the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' mentality? Chances are that people in this day and age who believe in Objective Beauty got to this understanding after being moved by aesthetic speculation - we didn't just accept it to ruse folks like you. That people can 'express themselves' through varying styles and artforms doesn't take away from the fact that all of it can nonetheless be judged objectively.
>>
>>2815791
The problem is that these things aren't exactly measurable. yes, I'd agree, but it doesn't have much to do with the overall quality of the art. I did mention the OP was a pre-sketch for a painting, and there was thought going into it. That's the point of art right? To share abit of the stuff that goes on in your mind. As long as effort and meaning go into it, knowledge about how others make art isn't that important.

By the way, anyone else want to share art that's abstract? in a way, I think abstract stuff requires more creative effort, because your technique and vision is unique to you, it's not copying what other people do. All this realism, it's great honestly, but there's too much.
>>
>>2815794
Eat my dick, you have no idea what I was thinking and you can't tell me I wasn't thinking shit.

IT IS A ROUGH SKETCH FOR A CANVAS PAINTING you stupid assholes, the point is to read the concept, and look deeper than your preconceptions let you. You can't appreciate lines drawn a certain way? That's closed minded as shit, and just makes you hate art while being blind to any intention behind it. And it is not a generic "in the eye of the beholder" thing. That is not what I was going for, but I guess I could've explained it better. It's a representation of feelings.
>>
File: blank-canvas.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
blank-canvas.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>2815801
You intolerant bigot, how dare you assume that art requires lines. We can just as well represent all kinds of deep shit on a black canvas
>>
>>2815803
Do you think my sketch is equivalent to that? If you do, you have no ability to think critically about these things. For example, I look at the pointed part on the left as a tendril under the control of the eye, which is a representation of "self". It's your fault if you can't be inspired, because theres so many different ways to think about this
>>
>>2815801
>oy vey why won't you goys accept my dank mental mental gymnastics
>>
>>2815804
No one piece of art is "better" than any other. They're just different ways of representing ideas. I guess it may not fit your ideals, but this blank canvas fits mine and a lot of other people's. There's meaning and feeling in every bit of its blankness. Your criticism is completely useless, not constructive whatsoever. art is subjective, not objective. certain people like certain forms of art, get over it, your opinion is not objective
>>
>>2815805
Mental gymnastics? Finding meaning in art is different than interpreting the world. You can be wrong about the earth being flat, that's mental gymnastics. But interpretation of art is different. What, you think you know more about why I made it than I do? Art is supposed to be free of expectations, as long as the artist put thought into it. There's representation of fear, control, order, randomness, in a balance that I found beautiful.
>>
>>2815806
You're retarded anon, I made it clear that AS LONG AS EFFORT AND THOUGHT IS PUT INTO YOUR WORK, it should be easy to see multiple perspectives the artwork. A blank canvas is not effort. It is not interpretable in many different ways.
>>
>>2815809
On*** the artwork*
>>
>>2815809
> AS LONG AS EFFORT AND THOUGHT IS PUT INTO YOUR WORK
How you can judge how much effort and thought they put into that? I thought you said it's subjective

>A blank canvas is not effort. It is not interpretable in many different ways.
There's tons of people who argue that it is, would you say they are wrong? See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

Look at all the volumes of meaning people got from that
>>
>>2815757
You have to be of legal age to post on this website.
>>
File: 1404763494638.jpg (63KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1404763494638.jpg
63KB, 744x615px
>>2815804
alright this is just bait now, everyone evacuate the building
>>
>>2815757
Just because you're doing "abstract" doesn't mean it's anything-goes land, ok? Maybe you weren't capable of considering the following while you were high on drugs, but some things are not open to interpretation. Art as a visual means of communication is going to follow some rules as long as you're drawing for a human audience, because the rules weren't decided by some snobby white males trying to put your awful scribbles down, but by visual cognitive functions you will not be able to get away from.
You have no formal training, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're even doing. You have to actually sit there and explain to me what the fuck you did, and I'm happy you seem to understand that was needed, because there's no fucking way in hell anyone is going to be able to tell what the fuck you meant by those scribbles. You say it represents emotion, I thought it was some sort of confession about your inability to draw a fucking line.
Next time you have some money how about going to some art classes instead of blowing drugs out your ass and maybe you'll learn something, you fucking no talent mediocre piece of shit I fucking swear to God. If you ever again hold a pen on your hand and are considering raping a sheet of paper like you did today with it just stab your fucking throat with it man.
>>
Kill yourself, you driveby retards with your trash scribbles always think your mental vomit is something worthwhile because Shlomo's tax evasion attempts have you thinking you can do art too.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 1650x1275px
>>2815823
>B8
Yeah pretty much.

>the real story, frum OP
I just got baked and made up some shit about a mindless doodle I did during college to see how you people would react.

It was nice (^ー^)ノ

I mean, I have a few sketches so people can see my actual attempts at art if you care to know.
>>
taking drugs to help your art is ok, but don't fall into the trap of drawing stoner art or trying to draw your drug experience.
>>
>>2815831
Someones kranky lol
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.