[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/abeg/ - ABSOLUTE BEGINNER THREAD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

Because there's no reason to keep cluttering up the Beginner Threads with our shit.

AVOID asking unrelated questions, there is a question thread for that.

RESIZE YOUR IMAGES TO ~1000 PIXELS:

#1)
>screenshot the image and post that instead (I recommend ShareX)

#2)
>change camera capture settings to something smaller

#3)
>send to computer and resize in MSPaint

→ →
There's a new (and cleaner) sticky in town! You can see it at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#bookmark=id.15jx3pyuimvj
>>
>>2814537
That OP image is no absolute beginner, in fact, he's a god damn professional.
>>
Oh, this is just great. the official ic fountain of diarrhea. This is how it will go basically

>A retarded artist who is too lazy or craves attention makes a thread for his artwork
>DURR DRAWFAG GENERAL
>Even though ic clearly does not want to help him and he should really just fuck off and improve his craft on his own, he decides to post the in the draw thread anyway
>DURR, beginner thread. You need to go there because since you messed up perspective line by a one cm... and its not a space marine
>Even though this stupid artist already knows what the fundamentals are, he still craves the attention of anonymous imageboard goers looking at his art and goes to beginner thread, where anything that isn't a reference drawing or boxes are forbidden
>DURR, THESE LINES AREN'T STRAIGHT, YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRAW PERFUCT SIRCLE TO POST THE PERSPECTIVE BEGINNER THREAD

And so, oringal artwork may never be posted on ic again, because critics dont know how to critique, and will just redirect you to generals.
>>
>>2814539
Kys
>>
>>2814539
what are u on about honestly
>>
these retard threads shouldn't even be allowed. take this trash to /b/ and kill yourself
>>
>>2814576
Why not? Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 1484297982588.jpg (91KB, 770x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1484297982588.jpg
91KB, 770x1190px
Crits pls
>>
>>2814580
Where's the ref?
>>
>>2814580
this belongs in /beg/
>>
>>2814580
the eyes are a bit low and the skull is pointing a different direction for the face.
which leg does that foot belong to?
>>
File: 1466606279946.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1466606279946.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>2814634
>which leg does that foot belong to?
>>
>>2814537
>that image
shit, I remember this
he has over 500 images of just that template alone on his deviantart. it's just the exact same body shape with different animal heads and colours. at least one every single fucking day.
autism is a helluva drug
>>
File: 1411835345847.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1411835345847.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>2816102
Just looked at his deviantart and sure enough he's still at it and posted this 17 hours ago:
>My new hawk character. His name is Vladimir. He's a scuba diver. He's my new character to live in Illinois. He lives in Glenview.

I almost can't believe how someone with this level of autistic dedication can exist
>>
File: tumblr_o9ecpxV8Nb1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg (288KB, 1078x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ecpxV8Nb1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg
288KB, 1078x1250px
I want to eventually be able to make pieces like that polish guy who made concept art for dishonored 2, but i lack fundamentals. What should i begin with? Perspective? Anatomy? Or it doesn't matter? I started peter han's course that I found on cgpeers but I got to a point where I was expected to have some of the basic fundamentals already so i dropped it. Whenever I sit down to draw on my tablet I end up checking artststion and getting depressed that I can't put my ideas down to canvas and literally every stroke I make is wrong.Could someone spoonfeed me on that? I know it takes years to be decent at best and I'm willing to work hard, but I have no idea how to start.
>>
File: 6071166.jpg (121KB, 540x712px) Image search: [Google]
6071166.jpg
121KB, 540x712px
>we're doing this shit again

Just post in the fucking beginner thread, we don't need to stratify beginners and absolute beginners.
>>
>>2816151
There's no 'one true way' I've found. Sounds to me like you're worried that you might start working on something beyond your level and waste your time - and while you're correct to a degree you also have to get your hands dirty and be prepared to draw the lamest looking shit before you can advance. Nonetheless it probably wouldn't help most people to jump straight into anatomy

Read Keys to Drawing, it's a great book to start with
>>
File: 365_scuber_challenge.webm (2MB, 514x258px) Image search: [Google]
365_scuber_challenge.webm
2MB, 514x258px
>>2816102
>>2816137
holy autism, how can this exist?
>>
>>2817010
What the fuck
>>
>>2817010
Why the fuck is he dedicated to such an unusual thing? It's a fetish thing isn't it? Autistic people always have the weirdest fetishes.
>>
>>2817010
This guy, CWC and Shmorky all hate Donald Trump. Coincidence?
>>
>>2817074
That is because they are literally autustic.
>>
>>2814539
can you like chill or something
>>
>>2817010
>>2816102

He's actual autismo, not meme autismo. That's how he produces that fucking much work.
>>
>>2814580
what a beautiful art
blog???
>>
>>2817074

>Coincidence?

it's all an autist conspiracy.
>>
>>2816151
A. Do a 0-10 value scale every day.

B. Do cast drawings, sight size. Spend 30 hours and get them perfect. 2-3 hours at a time, take 10 minute breaks every 45m or your eyes will fatigue.

C. check out scott robertson for understanding perspective & form construction.

D. Hampton and bridgman for understanding anatomy shortcuts.

E. The Dimensions of Color + master studies (1800s, not ruanLOLjia) for theoretical and practical color theory ( and composition)

F. Go to live short-mid pose lifedrawing sessions. Should be $10-15 a session, you might have to pay $150ish upfront for a whole season.

This is about in order. A gives you basic control, B teaches you to observe specifics, gradate and build a visual library. C+D allow you to apply B way faster. F is practice for putting it all together.

There's more, but if you honestly do those, you'll be able to see the rest of the path.

This is a foolproof git-gud gameplan, but you gotta put in the hours. 'Bout 2-5,000.
>>
>>2818222
Post your art.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.