[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clip Paint Studio

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Anyone here uses it? Would you recommend it?
>>
Yes for lines. Save in converted psd file and color in Photoshop or SAI.
>>
>>2808234
As this anon said
>>2808290
Unbeatable for lines and comic work, so if you do a lot of that it's def worth it!
>>
>>2808290
what's better about coloring in SAI rather than CSP
>>
So why is CSP worse for coloring/blending? Just curious, I draw on a surface pro 4 so it's inconvenient to use color picker in PS. I remember PS flow & opacity control was waaay better but I've been able to do things in CSP.
>>
>>2808336
>>2808338
It's not "worse", but SAI is LIGHTENING fast since it's so lightweight, so it just feels really nice to color in.
>>
>>2808340

Hm that's interesting. I always felt CSP was plenty fast. There's certain brushes that lack like a bitch on large scale but that's pretty large resolution (300 DPI 7000x5000 in my case).

Does SAI have better blending/flow unlike CSP?
>>
Tbh coloring stylized works feels infinitely better in both SAI and CPS as opposed to photoshop.

I personally prefer CPS because it is faster than photoshop, shares a lion share of art-related functionality with it (except with a better color blending) and has the best brush settings interface, to the point where you can render full works by tweaking only, like, one or two brushes.

The line meme is true too.
>>
>>2808234

I think it's fantastic. Blending is way better than Photoshop. I can't think of a single feature specific to painting and drawing that CSP lacks that Photoshop has. In many ways it is a clone and has all the standard features. Some things work just slightly different like the use of masks... But once you get used to it it's just as good if not better than the Photoshop counterpart.

Only one thing that bugs me. If a brush uses texture, the position of the texture is global no matter where you put your brush stroke. In photoshop the position of the tiled texture is reset on every brush stroke which makes it look more natural because the texture overlaps itself. In Clip Studio you'll eventually see the tiling slowly being revealed for every new brush stroke. Does anyone know if you can disable this?
>>
>>2808391
Play with "apply by each plot" option in "texture" submenu of brush settings.

It's also a good idea to pin the "rotation angle" to the quick access and play with it as you are moving the texture down the shape.
>>
i've used SAI for years and switched to photoshop when i got a macbook more than a year ago. i do stylized art and my drawings just haven't had the same feel to it since i switched. i've been sticking it out because it's what the artists i follow use and i've already put effort into adjusting to the UI and rewiring my brain for the shortcuts. do you guys recommend dropping ps for clip studio paint?
>>
File: cspbrushtexture.png (204KB, 650x493px) Image search: [Google]
cspbrushtexture.png
204KB, 650x493px
>>2808400

It doesn't seem to make any difference on texture position if I have apply by each plot on or off, it's still the same regardless. See pic, I created a new brush to demonstrate my point.

Yeah, I guess I could play with the rotation angle but it's a bit of a hassle to have to do it manually. There doesn't seem to be a way to randomize the angle or set it to pen pressure? That would be cool.
>>
>>2808419

Many of the standard shortcuts are identical in Clip Studio right out of the box so to speak, you will adjust fast. It's also highly customizable so it's very easy to make it work like Photoshop basically. Just download the trial(if you don't wanna sail with the pirates) and try it man
>>
>>2808431
i'm torrenting it as we speak! i remember the trial version being frustrating as hell, so i'll give the real thing another shot.
>>
A lot of e-famous stylized artists prefer SAI although I think it may have something to do with the fact that a lot of people start off with it because of how easy and accessible it is.

Last time I checked it still had no fucking ellipse and multiply color tools.
>>
I personally prefer to colour in CSP as well, despite some people saying it's better in photoshop. A lot of the brushes blend nicely and don't require the manual colour mixing of constant colour picking. It also has a built in perspective tool which is pretty competent and generally just feels designed around artists, and it's much easier to organize my brushes (which ultimately is what drove me away from photoshop, its fucking awful).

The only thing I do in photoshop is the tiniest bit of fixing up in post (like hitting that 'adjust tone' button is surprisingly good 60% of the time).
>>
Yep, bretty gud.

Used sai for 5 years and moved on to this, it felt like the program evolved. As someone who does comics it's really invaluable.
>>
>>2808446
It has a long-standing meme status of being easy and the weeb tool of choice coming all the way back from the web 1.0 days, mostly because japs and retards can't into piracy and there are an ungodly number of brushes and tutorials made by all those e-famous japs and retards. Also the STABILIZER made it a meme for clean linework.

Now, CSP is better in just about every possible way and cheaper as well.
>>
>>2808431
>>2808419
was a bitch to install but holy shit it works like a dream. it's like the best of both worlds and i'm pretty sure i'm nestling in to stay.
>>
File: func_en_32.jpg (47KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
func_en_32.jpg
47KB, 900x600px
Trying the trial version now
Anything I should specifically check out?

Also, can anyone confirm if those 3D models are in the Pro version of the software? I don't see them in the Trial version folders but they're on the site
>>
File: Capture.png (294KB, 1005x700px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
294KB, 1005x700px
Anyone find any cool stuff they would recommend on the asset website that's available with the latest CSP?
>>
>>2808979
It's been a while since I used the non-EX version, but I'm 99% sure the default 3D models are in Pro.
>>
>>2808234
I use Paint Tool SAI in a Surface... c:
>>
>>2808234
Oh yeah it's the best! I do comics and it has pretty much everything I need, use it every day.
>>
>>2809075

Do you use panel folders? I recently started my first comic penciling gig, and they seem to make things overly complicated but maybe I haven't given them a honest chance. I prefer just having a regular folder for each panel.
>>
I sketch in sai, and do everything else in Csp
>>
>>2809089
Yeah I do that too. I have used panel folders though, it's not that complicated really, but i'm used to do it the other way.
>>
>>2808234
>Anyone here uses it?
Yes.
>Would you recommend it?
Hell yes.
>>
>>2808979
>>2808990
This is what I both love and fear about CSP. There's just SO MUCH. Like holy shit there's so much. So many custom brushes and every brush can be further customized to insane levels of tailoring. So many extra features like 3D models and perspective rulers, mirror tools, animation tools. It's kind of overwhelming but exciting knowing that if I learn how to harness it I can really do some shit with this program. I'm hoping it catches on more and more so we can get more English or at least slightly easier to translate language tutorials for it.
>>
>>2808990
Question, did you torrent or buy it?
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (141KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
141KB, 827x1169px
This is a long shot but does anyone know how to enable the tablet option in preferences (on mac) I cant even use csp because the latency and people say to set tablet option to "6" but I have no such option
>>
File: goodgood.png (103KB, 217x760px) Image search: [Google]
goodgood.png
103KB, 217x760px
>>2808990
these are pretty nice
>>
>>2811263
wtf are you talking about? search for your tablet driver online and fucking install it
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.