[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drawing/painting from life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1475245552211.jpg (693KB, 1996x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1475245552211.jpg
693KB, 1996x1508px
What is the advantage of painting/drawing from life vs. say a photograph?
>>
>>2808204
depth
>>
>>2808210
Can I draw from VR instead?
>>
>>2808220
yes
>>
>>2808210
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>2808210
>>2808239
and also, couldnt any benefit be outweighed by the losses? such as not being able to use a grid or preserve your subject.
>>
>>2808204
Exaggeration and stylization.
>>
>>2808204

Less consistency so you have to apply experience for one and apply proper technique to what you're capturing from reality.

Usually this means you have to be more loose and like >>2808339 said, exaggerate, and sometimes stylize to a degree. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, and if you have the opportunity for either it's good to practice.
>>
>>2808204
I paint outside, indoors (still lifes, etc) & from photos.
Painting from life outside always baffles me. I can't switch off enough from what's going on around me, and the paintings come out shit tier.

IDK
>>
>>2808204
>whats the difference between eating turkey opposed to eating tofu-turkey
>>
>>2808204
More information makes for a better study.

You can feel the textures and get a sense of smell, or depth, distance and atmosphere.

All of these help you get a better understanding of your subject.

Nothing wrong with study from photos, it's convenient, but you can your understanding will be limited to a degree.
>>
>>2808204

photos are flat and kill colors
>>
>>2808880
that's a gross generalization
>>
>>2808204
you are out of your studio and are enjoying lifes fleeting moments that we take for granted?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.