[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablet General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 68

File: DSC01887.jpg (189KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01887.jpg
189KB, 1600x1200px
Previous thread >>2791217
Ask, recommend and discuss about drawing tablets, pen displays, styluses, Wacom, Huion, Ugee, Yiynova, etc.
>>
Huion H420 as first-timer tablet. Yes or no?
>>
the Wacom Bamboo tablet is good for starting out.
>>
File: 1482830171225.jpg (81KB, 1054x487px) Image search: [Google]
1482830171225.jpg
81KB, 1054x487px
>>2807817
You just want me to post this.

>>2807837
It's rather small and I hated everything about it, especially the price.
>>
File: bamboo.jpg (34KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
bamboo.jpg
34KB, 1024x725px
>>
>>2807837
>8.53x5.3 inch
>$80
not worth it
>>
>>2807837
no , too small
>>
File: cintiq-13HD-review1.jpg (24KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
cintiq-13HD-review1.jpg
24KB, 700x467px
Talk me in/out of getting 13HD Cintiq, please (especially those of you that own it)

might worth mentioning: I'm a lefty and it won't be my first tablet
>>
>>2807879

The new cintiqs will be out by march and the 13HDs are projected to tank in value as all the competitors start releasing their cintiq killers.
>>
>>2807879
I used several times one of those a coworker had. It always felt too small and the stand fucking sucks. It may be just me though.
>>
>>2807806
you got tits? how big are they?
>>
>>2807921
nah man that's some jap. But that shit is almost 26 by 16 inch
>>
File: canoli.jpg (21KB, 412x500px) Image search: [Google]
canoli.jpg
21KB, 412x500px
>>2807817 see >>2807838

It's a tablet for writing your signature in a small software-generated window with bud, not drawing.

>>2807837
Nope, it'd practically be better to go into debt as a poor man and get a 27QHD than deal with a Bamboo or something similar, but please don't take that as a formal endorsement on my part.

Spend a little extra money on an Intuos Large or Huion Giano. If you can't afford either of those now, stick with pencils and office paper until you can. You shouldn't settle for anything less than a disconnect-free drawing surface if you even want to treat drawing as a semi-serious hobby.

>>2807879
With the 13HD you're paying a premium for the not-privilege of drawing on a small-ass and cluttered to hell monitor. I recommend the Intuos Large seeing as you can apparently afford it, or getting a 22HD or larger (or a ching-chong equivalent) if you really want a screen tablet. Anything smaller than that and the Intuos Large is well within its element.
>>
File: galleryimage1IntuousManga.jpg (44KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
galleryimage1IntuousManga.jpg
44KB, 960x640px
what would be a direct upgrade of this thing
>>
>>2808086
You're awesome. But is Giano on same level as Intuos Pro? Or is Pro worth dropping extra hundred or two?
>>
>>2808086
>small ass monitor
Gah, I know. I'm already thinking about putting all of my software full screen to draw in it, so nothing will get it the way. 22 is way too fucking expensive, not worth its price (a price drop would be fantastic though)

Kinda stupid on my part but I don't think I'll enjoy using battery/rechargeable pens after getting used to Wacom's patent crap ;_;

>>2807881
You think? most wacom tablets are still expensive as shit, being sold for 80% their price, even the 12WX/21UX
What new products are set to release?
>>
File: ugee hk1560.png (578KB, 761x762px) Image search: [Google]
ugee hk1560.png
578KB, 761x762px
I bought this tablet, ugee hk1560. Got it after reading many favorable reviews online.

Anyone else in here has the same tablet? What's your experience so far? Mine will arrive in a couple weeks or so.
>>
>>2808177
Not him, but for me the pro is worth it if you don't mind dropping the extra cash. The pen is superb and the sensitivity and responsiveness unbeatable. How ever if you're on a budget, the Giano is a good second choice.
>>
>>2808094
Intuos Pro Medium. Larger surface, better pen, higher sensitivity.
>>
>>2808300
Have no experience with this tablet, but interested... Give us a review when you get it!
>>
I ordered a Huion tablet a few days ago directly from their website (huiontablet.com). I guess it will arrive within the next few days.

I'm a bit worried they didn't send an email with any data or any way to follow how the shipping is doing. All I have is the paypal receipt.

Should anything go wrong, is there a way to get my money back?
>>
>>2808382
You ordered through paypal, you're good.
>>
File: 1477576602556.png (330KB, 607x575px) Image search: [Google]
1477576602556.png
330KB, 607x575px
https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-canvas-27/preview/
>>
File: G.jpg (42KB, 575x594px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
42KB, 575x594px
>>2808177
While it almost pains me to say it on some level I think that, when you consider that if you're even a little serious about drawing your tablet will be something you use almost every day ideally for hours at a time, I'd say it's worth the extra money. The best way I can put it is this:

Despite its relatively low price, the Giano is easily better than every single conventional tablet Wacom offers in all but one very important category. It has a freehand drawing-friendly large surface while simultaneously being much smaller overall than the Intuos Large, it has a lot of hotkeys, wireless out of the box, a surface material similar to Wacom's best (the Intuos 3) and I haven't run into a single software problem with it yet. However, the stylus just isn't very good when compared to Wacom's and considering how important that is it should be enough to give anyone pause.

While charging its battery is practically a non-issue, and the lack of tilt and an eraser isn't much of a concern either, the Huion stylus is so sensitive that to get to the light and even the medium pressure settings you must hardly be providing any pressure at all beyond the almost non-existent weight of the stylus itself.

Is it so bad that it's a "deal breaker"? I'd say no. The Giano is still the second best conventional tablet you can buy by a substantial margin and actually eclipses Wacom's best in several ways, but if you can afford it and you have enough desk space for it, the Intuos Large is the better tablet.

https://youtu.be/-k_RlD4cxjk?list=PL834FCA340E5D20DB
>>
>>2808480
that's some wacom pricing, and it looks like a knock off cintiq 27
kinda doubt that their pen tech is gonna be wacom level
>>
>>2807866
>>2807838
Size doesn't matter!!!!

Its how you use it
>>
>>2808567
The only deal-breaker besides for the mediocre stylus (that's still honestly better than the old bamboo and current entry level styli) is that it doesn't have tilt and rotation. If you need tilt and already have technique based in it, there is no substitute. I know a grand total of 2 people who actually use tilt to paint and using it is more trouble than it's worth unless you've already mastered everything else and are making your own brushes. Rotation is just a pain in the ass.

>>2808596
Said no woman ever.
>>
So I was given a Wacom Bamboo a couple years ago or so. I'm looking to upgrade at some point, any recommendations? Looking for anything that let's me change pressure sensitivity settings and a general more sensitive device.
>>
>>2808567
I was thinking between Pro Medium and Giano. This is hard.

>>2808614
Can't you bind the hot key so it'll rotate the screen?
>>
>>2808647
Pen rotation.
>>
File: hrrmm.jpg (53KB, 554x755px) Image search: [Google]
hrrmm.jpg
53KB, 554x755px
>>2808614
>(that's still honestly better than the old bamboo and current entry level styli)

Really? I've only used the "higher end" models for a long time so I suppose I shouldn't have assumed they were all the same. At any rate, the Intuos Pro stylus is definitely the standard by which all others should be measured. The only non-Wacom device that appears to come close is the Apple Pencil, and while I haven't used it myself the ability to finally draw using an overhand grip on a computer has definitely piqued my interest.

>>2808596
That's a lie no matter the subject paisan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N871jt8_jRQ
>>
>>2808663
The old bamboo had no feedback on how much pressure you were putting down and the sensitivity was lacking. I also didn't like the total lack of weight to it. The giano nib feels cheap and rattly, but at least you can feel it and the pen itself is sturdy. I've heard the intuos draw was a downgrade in many ways.
>>
>>2808480
Looks fucking amazing but has dell ever produced a pen display before? Kind of too much for a first try...
>>
>>2808647
A large tablet like the Giano is functionally comparable to a Cintiq on monitors from 15 inches up to 20 inches in size when it comes to freehand line drawing, it is strictly better in that regard than the Intuos Medium or any similar sized tablet. Despite Huion's marginally worse stylus I would take it over the Intuos Medium any day of the week and as someone that owns a Medium to this day (I haven't sold it yet because I lost the stylus lmoa) and is using the Giano right now at work I'm not just saying that.
>>
What are the chances of the Pro Pen 2 working on old Cintiqs? (13/22/24)
>>
>>2808663
>>2808839

Buy a replacement stylus for the Inspiroy and test it with the Giano I'm too poor right now to test myself

If my old H610 pro AAA battery stylus works the new one probably will too

Also new Intuos Pros from CES

https://www.cnet.com/products/wacom-intuos-pro-2017/preview/
>>
>>2808901

Nevermind they don't even have them for sale yet

Hurry up you fuckers
>>
>>2808884
If you're referring to the 2013 models of Cintiq I think there's a pretty good chance it would work, but in the end it's either 0% or 100%. Ask Wacom directly or look it up yourself. It's not worth gambling if you don't have to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWu9iQLwrC8

>>2808901

What if it sucks tho? I just noticed the stylus is like flat on two sides-that probably feels like shit. I'm worried it's the same stylus in a new and possibly crappier shell, I'm not sure what it's going to cost but I might try if it's not too bad
>>
>>2808964
>Ask Wacom directly
I did, no response yet and there's a chance they won't ever respond (according to replies on their page they ignore plenty of requests) but if they'll give me an answer I'll be sure to update this thread
>or look it up yourself
Tried, didn't find much. But that's to be expected since it's a new
>>
>>2808884
Unlikely. All wacom pens from the last two decades can be detected by all wacom tablets, but they have a check they do to see if they're allowed to work with that particular hardware as soon as they enter the EMR range.
>>
>>2809042
Fair enough. I think I may have misunderstood you. If the Cintiq is very old it will definitely not work. I have a Cintiq 12WX and the stylus for my Intuos 5 Large/Pro Medium does not work on it and neither does the reverse.
>>
>>2809042
>I did, no response yet
what the fuck? why are they so shitty with costumer service?? I got a response from ugee the same day I wrote them, and thats less than half the price of a wacom.
>>
I just want a decent cintiq clone with proper linux support
If I can't find one I'm going to be stuck drawing on my hp 2710p forever ;~;
>>
>>2809113
>linux

lol
>>
File: tab.png (86KB, 1625x633px) Image search: [Google]
tab.png
86KB, 1625x633px
Should I get this anons? I have the small version. I recently upgraded my monitor though and the ratios don't seem to add up 1:1. What are some alternatives to this that wont break the bank? Thanks!
>>
>>2809149
Ha! no.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 778x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 778x438px
Would /ic/ suggest any laptops with a touchscreen for casual/everyday drawing? I'm reading most laptops with a touch screen have shit pen sensitivity but I wanted to see if /ic/ might know any that aren't complete shit. If not I might just get a drawing tablet later down the road
>>
File: 786677768787.jpg (89KB, 475x675px) Image search: [Google]
786677768787.jpg
89KB, 475x675px
>>
>>2809163
I use a Surface Pro 4 for sketching, but have a cintiq with my desktop for rendering and stuff like that.
Gotta be a bit heavy handed with the SP4, but it's alright.
https://mspoweruser.com/wacom-nearly-ready-to-release-pens-which-support-both-their-and-microsofts-surface-technology/ related
>>
>>2809158
>>2808321
i think this is a great tablet....size is just a good as the medium pro.
>>2808094
>>2809149
go for it....had mine for 2 months so far and its been better then all my other tablets ive owned in the past 5 years....
>>
>>2809201
Thanks for the tip. I usually do vector line work with a mouse anyway so it's good to hear the Surface Pro holds up. The pen looks pretty interesting.
>>
dell now in the running
Canvas 27"

If it were announced any other year, the Canvas would seem like a baffling curiosity. But now that we've seen how useful the Surface Studio can be, it's a lot more intriguing. Dell says it was working on the Canvas long before they even had an inkling of the Surface Studio, so it's not just a case of the company being a follower either. You can snag a Canvas for $2,000 on March 30th.
>>
>>2809272
Great looks! Still wouldnt trust it to have good pen experience since its their first attempt. Will be waiting for reviews, it would be an amazing upgrade if it performs well!
>>
>>2809278
It can even work with Wacom's pens.
>>
>>2809280
citation on that? wacom is apparently finishing up their microsoft-compatible pens
>>
>>2809280
what?? really? holy shit
>>
>>2809113
one day anon, one day...
>>
So I don't know if this is where I should be asking but my intuos isn't working properly. The pressure sensitivity isn't working and the buttons on the pen and tablet aren't working right. I've tried unplugging and plugging it back in, restarting the drivers in the services, even downloading the drivers again and still nothing. Any help would be great
>>
>>2809346
is this in any particular program? tried another programs? what system are you using?
>>
File: profilo.jpg (19KB, 462x774px) Image search: [Google]
profilo.jpg
19KB, 462x774px
>>2809346
Did you install new drivers recently? Consider rolling back to the previous drivers. Also check your pen and ink/tablet integration settings in windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FozQL-LwI_Y
>>
>>2808300
almost bought this until the contrast issue scared me away, could just be a few defective units but not gonna risk it
>>
I'm completely new to this digital art. What tablet is good for a casual beginner?
>>
>>2809366
I'm using fire alpaca and I haven't used any other programmes.

>>2809378
I downloaded the latest ones off the site and I was using the driver install on the disk that came with the tablet.

Thanks for your help, I'm hoping it works
>>
Is there anything I can go for $100 and under or am I fucked
>>
>>2807881
Are the 22HD prices likely to be affected as well?
>>
what's a good tablet (on screen if possible) that can be easily carried around?
>>
>>2809392
I do mostly lineart, so I don't mind that bit as much.
>>
>>2809569
to carry around connected to a laptop? Perhaps the Artisul D13, only screen tablet that I know doesn't need a power cord, only and hdmi and an usb.
>>
>>2809392
it's not that bad or serious really, even with a wacom you will be doing color correction on your main monitor. Don't be a fucking pussy.
>>
>>2808383
Thanks

The tablet just came in. I had to pay about 30+% in taxes, which makes me wonder if getting a Wacom from a local shop wouldn't have been better. This has nothing to do with the brand, obviously, but our import system. On the other hand, I also ordered a set of nib replacements and they didn't come in, although they did charge me for them.

Other than that, it looks great, I still have to test it out.
>>
>>2810048
Where do you live?

A few years ago I ordered a Huion H610 and got through without problems, a couple of friends ordered two at the same time and they got taxed.

Chile here btw
>>
>>2810048
fucking taxes man, I wanted the Ugee 2150 but it was like 400+ in taxes, had to settle for a 1910b some local guy was selling.
>>
>all those awful comments about Wacom's customer service literally fucking everywhere (Amazon reviews, Facebook page, etc)

What the fuck, now I'm scared to get a Cintiq
>>
>>2808663
>the ability to finally draw using an overhand grip on a computer

What exactly do you mean by overhand grip?

I hold my pen cack-handed and I would hate to find out this means I can't use tablets, is it something to do with not being able to rest your hand on the drawing surface?
>>
File: drawing-overhand-grip.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
drawing-overhand-grip.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>2810068
He means this

That was actually a question I was about to ask the thread: I use this hold a lot, helps me draw from my arm/shoulder instead of my wrist, would hate not using it on a tablet. Is it not possible at all in any of the pens?

(Tried it on my Intuos, doesn't work)
>>
Talk me out of buying an iPad Pro for drawing, please. I saw James Jean did his art with it and have wanted one since.
>>
>>2810143
You can't do real work on one and it's pretty much a toy for sketching and youtube. Some blue haired faggot with ironically large glasses and unfortunate politics gets rich when you buy one. It will die on you within 2 years.
>>
>>2810143
i've heard people describe it as more like drawing with a crayon than a pencil.
>>
>>2810143
Why don't you try it yourself? Pretty much all stores have a demo unit where you can at least play around with the stylus. Most of the time they have procreate as well.
>>
Are there any make or break differences with Intuos4 vs intuos pro?
I don't really need touch features but the wireless could be useful for when I wanna lounge back and draw like an otter every so often and also I guess for cord free mess.
Also would intuos4 XL be too big?
Part of me wants to go Giano but the pen tech is kinda off putting for me and I can usually see intuos4's going for the same price or cheaper on craigslist.
>>
>>2809534
Huion H610
>>
>>2810783
>Are there any make or break differences with Intuos4 vs intuos pro?

I've never used one but I'm going to go ahead and say no, lmoa

>I don't really need touch features but the wireless could be useful for when I wanna lounge back and draw like an otter every so often and also I guess for cord free mess.

I bought a wireless adapter and battery for my Intuos Pro and I regret the hell out of it. I guess it really depends on your setup though. There's no way in hell I could ever 'lounge back' with how my stuff is arranged, and having a big ass tablet on your lap is pretty awkward, besides. Don't get it just for the lack of cord like I more or less did, it's more trouble than it's worth.

>Also would intuos4 XL be too big?

Look it up, it's enormous. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the room (and a bigger monitor to justify it), but I don't think it's something that most desks can easily accommodate (I guess if you get a "Ergo Arm" or whatever they're called to suspend your monitor off desk, but there's still the matter of what to do with the keyboard). Anything the size of the Intuos Large is great for monitors that are 20-inches or under and certainly adequate for ones a little bigger.

>Part of me wants to go Giano but the pen tech is kinda off putting for me and I can usually see intuos4's going for the same price or cheaper on craigslist.

I'd take the Intuos 4 Large over the Giano as long as it's in good shape, just make sure it has the pen.
>>
>>2810800
Thank you for the speedy and well put reply!
I think I will just go with Intuos4 then and yeah I have seen quite a few with the pen and even some extras for about Giano prices. sometimes shipping is a bitch but even then that is only so often.
>>
>>2810808
>>2810783
>tfw right after this I find an XL for $20 more than Giano and it's pretty much new
Is today a lucky day? should I buy a lotto ticket?
>>
I was going to get Giano, but now I'm not sure if I should drop over $200 extra for Pro large...
>>
>>2811006
>$200 extra
keep an eye on ebay because I have seen large pro's with not much use go for way less than $200 more.
Saw and missed my chance just the other day to grab a barely used one with extra nibs and grips for $225 so that isn't as bad a price jump as long as you are patient.
>>
>>2810050
Not that anon, but I'm pretty sure most of sudamérica has tax-free shipping for packages that don't go over 200 USD. Maybe your friends spent more than that and that's why they got taxed?
>>
>>2811061
>I'm pretty sure most of sudamérica has tax-free shipping for packages that don't go over 200 USD.
not in shitty socialist countries. Thanks Chavez!
>>
>>2809272
How long is Wacom going to let this compete with the Cintiq 27QHD? If they licensed their tech to Dell to make a direct competitor to it then surely they must be planning to release its successor extremely soon.
>>
>>2807879
I have one and I like it. First thing I did was replace the glued on crappy stock screen protector with an MXH(?) from photodon. Still provides friction, but the monitor is less blurry. There's a youtube video on how to go about doing this, but it's a pain in the ass to get rid of all dust to avoid air bubbles.

I got mine w/o touch because I don't see the use when you have a keyboard right beside you.

If you tend to typically draw small, then you won't feel crammed on the 13HD. If you find a 5x8 sketchbook to be comfortable, then the tablet will be fine. What I'd do is grab some paper, cut it to size of the screen, measure out the size of the UI in photoshop or whatever program you use, and examine the real drawing space you have. Keep in mind whenever you might need a bit more space there's a hotkey to hide the entire UI.

I didn't care for the stand that it came with, but you can find alternatives out there.

I used to have some pen jitter issues, which was solved by disabling some windows services, using a specific wacom driver, using the tablet as the right monitor instead of the left monitor, etc. Google will find some blog post that covers all of that mess.

If it really is getting replaced in March, then I'd wait on the purchase.

tldr; I like it a lot and would recommend it if you naturally draw on the smaller side.
>>
>>2811102
>If you find a 5x8 sketchbook to be comfortable, then the tablet will be fine.
Shit, nevermind then...
>>
File: felice.jpg (63KB, 619x601px) Image search: [Google]
felice.jpg
63KB, 619x601px
>>2810834
Great deal; I'm jealous. It's worth buying at that price just because of the resell potential alone, but if you choose to use it you'll find that it should perform close to a Cintiq on monitors at or around 23 inches which is just where the Large sized Intuos start getting a little slippery (t. my 23 inch secondary monitor). If you do get the thing you might have to get a new desk to accommodate it but it may very well be worth it. It's one of the few conventional tablets that can play nice with some of the monitors on the larger side. Get a decent 27 inch monitor to go with it and you have your 27QHD for less than $500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2V8CFtGZE
>>
>>2811102
Thank you for your reply. Already got some replacement screen protector since I heard the screen gets pen maks on it quite easily but I'm pobably going to hold on purchasing the tablet for a little longer in case it gets a price drop

>Keep in mind whenever you might need a bit more space there's a hotkey to hide the entire UI.
That's what I was planning to set up the entire time I use the thing. 22HD might be too big for me because I'm used to drawing on A4 and A5 sized paper. Do you usually draw with the UI on though?
Also,
Can you confirm something for me please?
I read a lot of comments saying the device wasn't meant for left-handed use, and that you have to flip the display through display properties to work on it as a lefty, with the express keys being on the left (meaning my drawing hand will always be blocking them, and I won't be able to use the stand). I also read comments of people saying it's now possible to change the orientation through Wacom's tablet properties. So which one is it? Is it possible to have the express keys on the right without the display being flipped, drawing as a lefty?

Thank you again, have a good day
>>
File: ui.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ui.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>2811119
It's not that bad. Pic related is my UI setup. The drawing area is 11.75" diagonal. Try it out on a sheet of paper.

>>2811372
>Do you usually draw with the UI on though?
I usually leave it on, but I'll go to fullscreen with menu bars in photoshop to get rid of the taskbar. Pic related. If I ever need to see more of a painting I just zoom out or pan.

>you have to flip the display through display properties to work on it as a lefty

Don't see any settings within wacom to rotate the display from a quick glance. Didn't see in in Wacom Tablet Properties nor in Wacom Display Settings. Wasn't able to check Wacom Desktop Center, which has some different settings. I think my driver version is older than that program.

I'm able to flip the screen through windows, then turn the tablet upside down and have the express keys on the right. You can customize those within the wacom settings. Having the display rotated through windows, and orienting the tablet upside down everything functions normally. The stand can even be attached upside down. End result is the express keys are now on the right side with no other visible or functional differences.

Truth be told, I never touch the express keys. I think it's more useful to customize your photoshop hotkeys so that every tool you use can be assessed by one hand. There should be a ctrlpaint video on that and planning a template. I have mine set so that I can do many common actions in my workflow without moving my hand from the default typing position.

I should really emphasize how shitty the stock stand is. Difficult to use, only 3 incline settings, and it feels like it could collapse on itself easily.

Side note: I use a smudge guard so my hand glides across easily, and I regularly clean the display with a microfiber to get rid of residual oil and dust for consistently uniform pen drag. More of a QoL thing.
>>
Does a ergotron arm make that much of a difference for a 21ux cintiq as opposed to the regular stand?
>>
>>2807806
I have an intuos medium, but I can barely control my lines when drawing from the shoulder, should I get a bigger one or am I just doing it wrong?
>>
>>2811696
The Intuos Medium (8.8x5.5) has an active area comparable in size to the screen of a ten inch computer monitor. Like any other similar tablet, as the disparity in size between your display and the tablet increases so does the disconnect between what you feel your hand doing and what you see happening in your computer. When you move your stylus a single centimeter and it causes your cursor to travel over twice that far it becomes not only difficult to control but practically impossible without extreme zoom ins and other workarounds. Some people can do decent work on them from what I've been told, but it's kind of a "just because you can doesn't mean you should" kind of thing.

You should absolutely get a bigger one, and so should everyone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNzfBDQPjU
>>
>2806872
Received my little VIKOO HK908 today.
It's so much a rebrand of a Ugee G5 that the official website references Ugee for the drivers.
For a third of the price (about 25$).
I think the only difference is I don't have 8Gigs of internal RAM on this?! Since when do tablets have RAM!?

Anyway. Now to go and give it a try!
>>
>>2807879
Had color issues with those tablets as it always appears warm tinted until I look at my work on a reqular pc monitor. Does anyone have a solution?
>>
Could I get some help?

recently got surface pro 4 and need some help with krita. I'm not sure if my pressure sensitivity is working properly. I have installed the extra drivers recommended on the krita website but I'm not sure if it's working properly. If there's no hope that's fine, autodesk sketch seems to get the job done for me but I wanted to see if I can use the animation feature on krita.
>>
>>2811143
Yeah when I saw that I was like "If I wanted I could sell it back for a profit and get something else with a bit on the side" not that I would since I am happy to be drawing on a decent tablet for once. I started with a crappy tiny square one in JH and that one actually caught fire, then I used a bamboo I got on the streets that lasted for a while, then a Monoprice that I kinda liked but I feel like the pressure is kinda weird; I swear I gotta put down 10lbs of force to get any sort of thick lines and the pen just never felt as good as a wacom pen.
As far as monitors go I have a small decent one and a large but not so great one; that is gonna change soon enough since I have already been saving up for a new PC+monitor and I am pretty close; I figure my birthday in a few months should tip me well over into what I would need but my current desk should handle it just fine.
>>
>>2811953
I think I just saw your isting on ebay (was curious what the Intuos XL was going for on average). Bad news bud, looks like it's just the Intuos 4 Large.

The listing says 'XL' but PTK 840 is the model of the Intuos 4 Large, not the XL, the model number for that is PTK 1240.

GOT 'EM!

At any rate that's still not a bad deal so no harm no foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgxPipnGS8
>>
File: Intuos orientation.png (4KB, 252x124px) Image search: [Google]
Intuos orientation.png
4KB, 252x124px
>>2811643
>I'm able to flip the screen through windows, then turn the tablet upside down and have the express keys on the right. You can customize those within the wacom settings. Having the display rotated through windows, and orienting the tablet upside down everything functions normally. The stand can even be attached upside down. End result is the express keys are now on the right side with no other visible or functional differences.
Yeah that's what I meant, having to flip it through windows and not having the ability to change through wacom tablet properties easily like pic related. I hope newer drivers/programs added that option but I guess I'll flip it through windows if there's no other choice. It's good to know it's not different for lefties, some comments/reviews made me slightly worried

>customize your photoshop hotkeys so that every tool you use can be assessed by one hand
That's what I set my expresskeys to, but I'll search for that ctrlpaint vid, might learn a thing or two

Thought of mainly using the stand because drawing on a flat surface sometimes leads to a slightly distorted drawing (because of the viewing angle) but I guess I'll have to check it myself to see how shitty / unuseful it is for me

Thank you for the help and advice
>>
File: notebook riser.jpg (111KB, 1293x1500px) Image search: [Google]
notebook riser.jpg
111KB, 1293x1500px
>>2812242
>having to flip it through windows and not having the ability to change through wacom tablet properties easily like pic related
Super easy to do in windows though. Right click desktop > Display Properties > Click the display > then select orientation from a dropdown list. Literally takes 10s and once it's done it's done.

Anything easel-like will work as a better stand. I use one of pic related that I had lying around. I put an old moleskine on the stand behind the tablet to make it flush with the bottom protrusion. I also put a small weight behind the full stand so that it doesn't slide any. Stable and I can select any precise incline I want.

You probably already have things lying around that would make a better stand. Even a 3-ring binder or two duct taped together can work. Hell you might even like the stock stand.
>>
>>2812260
>Literally takes 10s and once it's done it's done.
I know but wouldn't it be a little weird to use as extended displays if one of the displays is essentially flipped? (assuming I'd want to throw toolbars and the navigator to my main screen and move the cursor around between the two, if that's possible). Maybe I'm overthinking this, I just want to be prepared

Neat ideas about the stand anon, will get myself one of those if the stock stand is as shitty as you say it is when I end up using it.
>>
>>2812280
>wouldn't it be a little weird to use as extended displays if one of the displays is essentially flipped?
Nothing weird. I use extended displays with cintiq on the right. Just now I rotated display to the cintiq, and turned the tablet upside down. In this state the tablet is still registered as the display on the right, moving the cursor, windows and toolbars between displays works 100% correctly.

The ONLY difference that happens when I reverse the tablet display through windows and physically rotate the tablet is that my express keys are now on the right side of the tablet instead of the left. NO weird software or hardware issues.

If you didn't know the express keys are physically on the left by default, there would be NO way to tell that your tablet was actually being used upside down.
>>
File: 1299551175639.jpg (39KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1299551175639.jpg
39KB, 300x265px
>>2812284
Oh right, I completely forgot you can register where the display physically is (left or right to the main screen) that solved all my problems!

Goddamn anon have a cookie for all your troubles, you're the best.
>>
>>2811898
Get a colorimeter like the SpyderPro. Investing more money shouldnt be a problem for you, mr. wacom guy.
>>
Is a Wacom Intuos 4 (Medium) a good buy?
>>
>>2807839
Ah, my trusty boy for 4 years until I got a Cintiq. They don't even make them anymore.
>>
I just found out about new Intuos Pro. What is it and what's everyone's opinion on it?
>>
>>2812980
I mean compared to the Huion H610PRO

I have that now but it's starting act up and I'm looking at the Intuos 4, would it be any better or not worth it? Should I just get the Huion Giano?
>>
>>2812238
I thought that but everything else matches up like the active surface area size and it also looks like an XL from the pictures but I guess I am gonna have to see when it gets here for sure.
>>
File: le skeptical policeman face.gif (756KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
le skeptical policeman face.gif
756KB, 300x169px
>>2812980
>>2813015

Get something bigger, bud. If you can find a lightly used Intuos 4 Large or newer model go with that. Otherwise, the Giano is good. Don't settle for less. If you're used to the H610 than the Giano might be a good choice, but the Wacom stylus is objectively superior so don't be afraid to spend a little extra money for an Intuos if you come across a reasonable offer.

>>2813006
Supposedly its stylus has 8000 levels of pressure sensitivity (arbitrary feature) and a slightly smaller footprint but appears otherwise the same. Pass!
>>
>>2813045
Thank you so much. I'll be sure to get the Giano for sure
>>
>>2813045
I hope it will make oroginal Pro cheaper.
>>
File: what is pose.jpg (47KB, 607x778px) Image search: [Google]
what is pose.jpg
47KB, 607x778px
>>2813236
Used Wacom tablets retain a pretty good portion of their value for years and years. They really only get sold at extremely reduced prices in anecdotal circumstances. As there isn't much compelling reason to purchase this new model (unless their "8000 pressure levels" gimmick pays off) I don't see it shaking up the used market enough to really drive prices down. Might as well just buy whatever you're going to buy, no use waiting around hoping to save a few dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEblw0SXUlA
>>
I wonder if this 8000 levels of pressure thing is because of all the intuos dupes coming out along with more places that are able to do battery free pens now, so they are trying to finally kick ahead of the competition since they are seeing them come over the horizon.
>>
>>2813006
Ordered PTH 660 two days ago, should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics then, couldn't find any YouTube vids or text reviews but it looks good and new pen (replacing the intuos basic med)
>>
File: firefox_12-0.png (172KB, 846x576px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_12-0.png
172KB, 846x576px
Anybody ever try using metal nibs?
>>
>>2813326
unless you're working with a glass surface, that's a terrible idea.
>>
>>2813382
Why? If you mean scratches then I hear then the few reviews I saw actually said they were surprised it left no marks on their covers.
Did hear if you drop your pen with a metal nib it basically breaks the inner workings though but I think that is why they made the hybrid nib even though the problems with pens breaking easily from dropping is more like a general issue and not only the nibs fault I think.
>>
>>2811653

bump

What's the deal with ergotron arms as opposed to just regular table stands? You can rotate the canvas in both photoshop and clip studio with a button anyways.
>>
>>2813397
Don't have a cintiq so can't say for sure but I can make guesses at it.
Could be because manually turning with one hand and drawing with the other can be preferable at times or if you wanna switch to a larger horizontal working area to a larger vertical one while saving a bit more screen space.
Also I think ergo arms can provide a bit more than just rotation so depending on your setup the rest of the ways you can use it could be useful as well.
>>
>>2811372
When you install the tablet the first time it asks you if your are left or right handed. If your left handed then the monitor flips and you have to turn it so the express keys are at your right.
>>
>>2807806

Is it okay for me to get a pen display for the sake of intuitiveness(like pencil and paper, the line appears directly where you draw, where you wanted it to appear)? i mean, that's probably the most common reason for getting a pen display, but is it worth it?
>>
>>2813436
>line appears directly where you draw
From what I hear this isn't quite the case even with newer high end displays. More similar than non display types but still not 1:1 with pen and paper.
Also as far as intuitiveness goes I think you will find once properly trained it will be as easy as it is on paper even with a regular tablet.
>>
my wacom bamboo fun tablet is now 8 years old, is the monoprice 22 inch monitor still the best and cheapest alternative for a wacom cintiq?
>>
>>2813436
The line appears anywhere from a quarter to an inch away from the stylus depending on where you are drawing on the screen. Some have worse parallax than others.

The only thing a pen display has over a slate is that slates aren't 19 to 27 inches and you have an ever so slightly faster workflow .
>>
>>2813436
>>2813437

Display tablets have the distinct advantage of a 1:1 display-to-drawing surface ratio, but conventional tablets have a couple advantages of their own. There is no distorting layer of glass between the artist and the drawing surface, there's the uniquely digital trait of not having your hand or arm obscuring the artwork itself and your drawing arm is allowed to maintain a restful posture for the duration of your drawing session.

A Cintiq is preferable to any conventional tablet model smaller than those of the largest sizes but their advantage becomes more dubious at that point (at least depending on your monitor's size). Because I use an Intuos Large or Giano on a 17-inch monitor the disconnect between what I'm doing with my hand and what's happening on-screen is minimal. Having seen a fair number of streams of people using Cintiqs I don't really feel at a disadvantage when it comes to speed or accuracy, but I admit there may be some less tangible benefits to drawing on a screen that I'm not aware of.
>>
>>2808086
But what if I hate my hands and don't want to look at them?
>>
Is it possible to turn off the display of a cintiq and use it as an intuos?
>>
>>2813581

Yes, on cintiq 13 HD you just pull out the hdmi cable.
Or you can toggle screens with a button so the cintiq display is still on but the pen reads on the monitor instead. However I've found that with the latter method makes the input more sensitive so it's better to start the computer with the cintiq screen off. Another drawback is that if you're not gonna use the screen anyway it's a distracting light source right under your nose and the heat is kind of annoying too.
>>
File: IMG_20170112_121614.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_121614.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
The new intuos pro pth 660 (med)
>>
File: IMG_20170112_122547.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_122547.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>2813593
Size wise compared to previous regular intuos med
>>
File: IMG_20170112_125339.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_125339.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>2813594
Comes with a sample of surface sheets you can buy (don't seem to be for sale yet but i'll def grab one to preserve the surface of original tablet. Med Normal feels like tablet, smooth reminds me of a huion surface).

The ring feels really good texture wise and is responsive. I've tried an intuos 4 before where the ring surface was some weird matte blended into the tablet and I absolutely hated using that, it was awful (the buttons were also kinda touch or something and blended into the matte surface). The buttons on this feel real nice as well to click.
>>
>>2813584
ctrl + p won't turn it off?
>>
File: 68158308.jpg (36KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
68158308.jpg
36KB, 239x239px
>>2813593
>>2813594
>>2813600
>buying a medium
>buying a medium to replace a medium

Have my weeks of histrionic bleating taught you nothing? If nothing else though I'm curious how the six gorillion pressure levels might function in the practical sense. I could picture it legitimately making pressure consistency more difficult than it otherwise would be so keep us posted on that front.

>Intuos 4

You're thinking of the Intuos 5, that's the one I have where the buttons are like, embedded into the tablet itself and everything is terrible. Luckily apart from the drawing surface and the stylus any other feature or lack-thereof is mostly irrelevant, but those buttons really do suck a fat one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkoI4PGZNk
>>
>>2813659
>buying a medium to replace a medium
Not that guy but what's the problem with that? some people have space issues / perfer smaller sized tablets
>>
>>2813659
Not sure if they do or not but the drawing feels incredibly smooth and i now have tilt (which the previos didn't have).

I have a small table so this being as slender as the previous does wonders (my old one also has a gash in it due to cat). The fact that i can buy surfaces is gonna help a ton too.

The one odd thing about it so far is the bluetooth.

I have a 100hz ips 2560x1440 screen, and connected via usb (which i should mention is a usb C in the tablets end, so you an reverse cable to go bellow or above tablet). In the usb mode, drawing/moving cursor is the smooth 100hz refresh rate. However once i go bluetooth it locks it down to 60hz and the motion of it feels and looks like the monitor is suddenly. Doesn't change the pressure/tilt or anything, just looks jarring and not smooth like plugged in.
>>
File: sassy black woman-wip.jpg (27KB, 313x670px) Image search: [Google]
sassy black woman-wip.jpg
27KB, 313x670px
>>2813664
Because he paid $350 and some change for a piece of equipment that's a lateral upgrade at best. Yeah he has a few more hotkeys now and his stylus might be a little better but it's not going to help him draw freehand when his monitor is 8 times the size of his new tablet's drawing surface.

>perfer smaller sized tablets

Don't be givin' me dat noise white boi. No one that's used a larger tablet would say they prefer a smaller one. Would you take a Wacom Intuos Draw® over a Cintiq? Or even an Intuos Pro Small over an Intuos Pro Medium? It's the same general concept. Bigger in this instance is objectively better.

>>2813667
>muh table

A Giano is the same size depth-wise as a Medium and like 2 inches wider with a drawing surface that's like double the size. You could have bought that AND a new desk and you'd have legit been better off family man. Ah well.

>Doesn't change the pressure/tilt or anything, just looks jarring and not smooth like plugged in.

Very strange; so the wireless is built-in though? That's kind of cool at least-and about time, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301acFz0a_A
>>
>>2813750
I can't use the giano, i've tried it and it doesn't work correctly with toonboom harmony. I reached out to both toonboom/huion and there's no support for it atm and i work primarily in toon boom.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (12KB, 287x139px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
12KB, 287x139px
>>2813753
Damn, that's one of the few programs I had yet to test with it. My bad paisan. It sounds like Autodesk Sketchbook may dropped support for Huion tablets too (t. computer illiterate friend of mine; take it with a grain of salt)
>>
>>2813767
I guess it's gonna take a few more years before the 3rd parties can catch up to wacoms level of driver support, and then finally give them full competition.
>>
File: 1483929997187.jpg (152KB, 603x759px) Image search: [Google]
1483929997187.jpg
152KB, 603x759px
What's the difference between Wacom Bamboo and Huion 610 Pro? Which one should I choose?
>>
>>2813845
bamboo is an old friend

huion h610 wills tab you in the back when its cable gives out on you by its shitty connector
>>
File: troll'd in ur gay butthole.jpg (49KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
troll'd in ur gay butthole.jpg
49KB, 500x380px
>>2813845
They're both worthless t b h.

Get something you can actually draw on, paisan.

(Intuos 4+ Large, Giano)
>>
File: 1475139010707.jpg (125KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475139010707.jpg
125KB, 1080x1080px
>>2813992
Are there other problems with Huion610? What about compability with software?
>>2814008
It would be my first one, senpai
>>
File: le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>2814013
Don't get conned into thinking you should settle for a shitty tablet just because it's your first one.

That's like...the opposite of what you should do, lmoa.

The difference between something that blows wiener and one that doesn't is at worst a couple hundred dollars, and it will save you countless hours of frustration that no one should will upon themselves, let alone come out of pocket for. All of these goofy moulinyans talking their Medium tablets up would probably have made it by now if they hadn't spent the past 5 years drawing on a tablet the size of four Totino's® Pizza Rolls that fused together in the microwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoojngT95s
>>
>>2813845
I had a Wacom Bamboo before and now have a Huion 1060+, I probably only used the Wacom for about 10 hours max. It gave me handcramps, and just was way too small in general to properly draw with. I have no problems at all with the Huion, the size feels comfortable to me. But I do agree the cable didn't really feel good like >>2813992 said and I replaced it with the Wacom cable, it's just a regular mini usb cable. I know this may be hard to believe but the Wacom drivers gave me a lot of trouble, and the ones Huion used worked perfectly.
>>
>>2813437
>>2813443
>>2813547

'kay. that aside what would be the most efficient(and commonly used) pen display to buy for the first time?
>>
File: intuoussmall.jpg (50KB, 1183x945px) Image search: [Google]
intuoussmall.jpg
50KB, 1183x945px
I just bought a this in a small on Amazon. Will be animating with it.

It was $65. I'm poor as shit, like $20 is a LOT of money for me.

Am I going to regret it? Or is it doable for a poorfag?
>>
File: your new desktop background.png (24KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
your new desktop background.png
24KB, 1920x1080px
>>2814247
Nothing's impossible, but with animation as a goal you have an extremely up-hill battle ahead of you, and that's even if you had the best equipment at your disposal. Animation is all line-drawing and that thing sucks mad balls at that in particular. You would be much better off drawing in traditional media and investing in something better over time, but if you live in Eastern Europe or the Philippines or something I guess that's just how it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5-rv4DVOY
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (21KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
2f0.jpg
21KB, 600x343px
>>2814247
RIP wrist.
>>
>>2814284
Nope. Americunt. I can live with it, I guess, but it took me fucking forever to save for this thing. I can't wait any longer, I got impatient, and I'm not holding out for 2 more years while I hope that several hundred dollars just falls into my lap. I have thyroid medication alone that drains my wallet...

I guess we'll see what happens when it gets here.
>>
>>2814247
I feel like if you wanted to be cheap you should have just gone with a different but less expensive brand for the time being since the difference isn't all that big.
>>
>>2814247
It's fine, I've used a small bamboo for six years.
>>
>>2814477
blog?
>>
Should I only consider a Cintiq when I'm finally in the industry?
>>
Any recommendations for display tablets? I'm so used to drawing on my cracked screen iPad 2 for years that I can't go back to non-display tablets. The cheaper the better.
>>
I never bought a thing from ebay, but there is few cheap listings. Is it safe to buy used tablet from seller that doesn't accept returns? Seller didn't even list how worn out the tablet is and there's no pucture.
>>
>>2814810
no
>>
>>2813547
> Having seen a fair number of streams of people using Cintiqs I don't really feel at a disadvantage when it comes to speed or accuracy,

Personally I haven't used a cintiq, but I have used a variety of tablets and right now I have a intuos 4 extra large.

I tried a lot of setups with the tablet and the disconnect between my hand and what I'm drawing on screen is still huge to me. It's not my accuracy per say but compared to drawing on paper I am at least twice as slow on a tablet.
I haven't used a cintiq so I can't say its better, but I'm tempted to buy an off brand one and see if it works better for me. I have never gotten the hand being in your way complaint either, maybe its just an individual thing but I don't even notice my hand begin there when drawing on paper.
>>
>>2814597
I haven't updated it recently but...
>http://putschui.tumblr.com/
>>
>>2814624
Buy what you want that you can comfortably afford, even if you're forever a hobbyist there's no rule that says that you should only spend x amount of money to engage in it. At least with this as our hobby we have the potential to recoup the plurality of our losses if we should choose to sell our equipment.

I would personally be hesitant to buy a Cintiq even if by some miracle I was a pro but it's all a matter of preference. Whatever you do just don't settle for less than a Large sized tablet if you can conceivably afford it.

>>2814854
Not bad; I noticed you do far more painting than line drawing which is kind of what I expected but there are a few sketches here and there and they don't look too shabby. Do you have any advice for >>2814247 >>2814303 on how to work around the very small working area? I assume you sort of "peck" lines into place and/or zoom way in, I remember my old Graphire 3 driving me up the freakin' wall, but it wouldn't be all that bad for painting or photo manipulation where extreme precision isn't as necessary.
>>
>>2807879
i've had mine for 8 months and it already had the connector problem. no not get it, it's unfixable
>>
>>2809149
They've come out with new ones that have a black surface now in that size and I think they've retired that model, but don't quote me on that.
I've used that one and I think its biggest downside is the "paper-like" texture they put on it. A feeling that really bothers me is porcelain rubbing together and that's what that tablet felt like to draw on. Also, it's a huge disappointment that the tablet is so big but the actual drawing surface is quite small--same with the Intuos pro small--it's a lot of wasted space.
>>
>>2807806
>Wacom
Everything else is just memeing
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 259x195px
Guyz might want to look into getting an (older) fujitsu lifebook

i recommend the t732, the cpus are 3rd gen i5s, but the laptops are super cheap on ebay(around $130) and they are wacom penabled

While they are only 256 levels of pressure, they work extremely well and the pens have erasers(plus you have a variety to choose from)

Makes a great travel laptop, and also, if you want to run graphics heavy programs, you can plug in an egpu adapter into the express card slot(one of the last laptops in existence to have those) and plug in any graphics card you want
>>
>>2815815
Man that looks like chink shit if I ever saw one, but it's ideal for my needs.
>refurb on ebay
Taking a hard gamble, but gotta do it. Thank you very much for the info Anon.
>>
>>2815815

Bought it last summer for around 300$ ( almost mint condition and came with a 128GB SSD.

Not bad really , I sketch on it and now draw most of the time with it , and it's convenient since you can draw everywhere , even on the couch.

But ! I'm an artist who used the intuos 5 for years now and really you see the big difference with the pressure and i can't use it for painting. So I use it only to doodle and for lineart every now and then. But this is what i bought as a Cintiq alternative. Love it. So I got myself a Cintiq 13HD from amazon's black friday deals for 450$.
>>
Get old Intuos Pro or is new one any worth it?
>>
>>2815967

Get the Intuos 5 ( the old Intuos Pro )

Same stuff , just button were improved in the new one , believe me , not going to use it that much if you got your keyboard near ...
>>
File: Girl_tap.png (122KB, 845x1496px) Image search: [Google]
Girl_tap.png
122KB, 845x1496px
How do I stop myself from throwing my pen up into the air and catching it? Its been the fault of too many pen replacements of which Wacom was kind enough to provide free of charge.
>>
File: butt.jpg (28KB, 622x559px) Image search: [Google]
butt.jpg
28KB, 622x559px
>>2815969
Pretty much this, I'd go a bit further and say that there is no feature separating the Intuos 4 from its contemporaries that one should pay much of anything for.

Tablet size and tactile stylus quality should be your primary considerations by a wide margin.

>>2816000
cute
>>
>>2815559
Does that mean you're not using it?

Isn't it under warranty still? (I know Wacom's a shit but still)
>>
>>2815937
really? I've seen artists like daarken and noah bradley use tablet pcs with 256 levels of pressure for painting

For instance, this was done with a sp3 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9UJZpqCQAIloBh.jpg

http://enliighten.com/blog/fujitsu-st5112-painting-demo/
>>
>>2813439
>is the monoprice 22 inch monitor still the best and cheapest alternative for a wacom cintiq?
pls respond
>>
File: halp.png (837KB, 1092x556px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
837KB, 1092x556px
Send help
>>
>>2816092

Well in my tablet , when you draw with a certain pressure it's fine but then suddenly the pressure turns from low to high so you go from a thin line to a fat line ...so i dunno ... :/

With the intuos nothing like that
>>
>>2816092
>http://enliighten.com/blog/fujitsu-st5112-painting-demo/

Btw you can still use it for painting i'm not saying you can't paint like that with it. I still can paint with it but when you go from an intuos you see the big difference; Intuos 5 gives you much better control then the fujitsu.
>>
>>2817172
How the heck did that happen? Do you have rats?
>>
>>2817172
shit dude, at least change the nib wtf
>>
>>2817209
Yeah I usually have rats in my house. Surprisingly still functional.

>>2817223
It's one of the older models anon, I can't remove the nibs. This model isn't in the official store anymore.
>>
>>2817228

Weird I have the model older to that one and you can change the nibs ... <_<
>>
>>2817244
How'd you do that? Because for me, pulling it out doesn't work.
>>
>>>>2817282

Wow I can barely remember that since it's been years... i took tweezers and tried hard to remove it and replaced it with nibs from another tablet if i remember.

Careful not to break your pen though.
>>
Can anyone share their experiences with a smart technologies sympodium?
>>
File: 1483625085313.jpg (305KB, 806x605px) Image search: [Google]
1483625085313.jpg
305KB, 806x605px
>>2817332
I think I'd pass on the opportunity of doing that, don't really have a replacement and my luck with technologies isn't that great to begin with.
>>
File: lines.jpg (110KB, 1152x704px) Image search: [Google]
lines.jpg
110KB, 1152x704px
These lines were all drawn with a ruler. How does your device manage the same exercise? Needless to say, I'm looking for something with a bit more precision...
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (36KB, 953x525px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
36KB, 953x525px
>>2817696
Press shift, makes straight lines in most software.

Here's a test on an Intuos4
Red = with shift
Blue = with ruler
Green = my shaky hand
>>
>>2817731
I'm aware of such functions, the point is to test to see how accurately the tablet can follow your movements. If I wanted the computer to draw a line for me I needn't have bothered buying a tablet in the first place.
For my device at least (a penabled HP elitebook), the problem seems to be mainly with diagonal lines and linked to particular spots of distortion, so it's most obvious when you draw a bunch of diagonal lines with a ruler.
>>
wacom is taking so goddamn long to ship my 27qhd......fucking martin luther king will now delay my shipment even more.....first world problems ....
>>
Is Intuos large still better than medium if I'm using laptop?
>>
>>2817952
Absolutely. Its drawing surface is very close to being the same dimensions as a typical 15 laptop monitor if I recall correctly. A monitor that size or close to it is ideal. It is for all intents and purposes a Cintiq when used in conjunction with screens that are between 15-20 inches or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr8Ef1PLZU
>>
File: ggsd.jpg (130KB, 405x533px) Image search: [Google]
ggsd.jpg
130KB, 405x533px
>>2817172
my man.
>>
IF YOU HAVE THE NEW INTUOS PRO MEDIUM

CAN YOU REPLACE THE ACTIVE AREA?

What the fuck are texture sheets? Afaik you cant replace the area on the old 650 model but it says in the product page that they sell texture sheets for this
>>
>>2817772
does it use ntrig or wacom?
>>
>>2807837
the bamboo no
the bamboo fun, meh if you can get discount
the bamboo touch, the larger sizes are alright for the price point
>>
>>2818349
Nice nail polish.
>>
>>2818719
thanks, it looks even sicker now because I put a pink iridescent criss cross pattern over top.
>>
>>2818590
It's a wacom digitizer
>>
Do any of you guys tried this?
http://parblo.com/parblo_coast22_detailpage
Parblo Coast22
>>
Between a Huion 185 SD and a Ugee 19, which is the better product?

I know they're both "entry level" pen displays, but I think it's a good starting point. I would mostly use it to draw lineart.
>>
>>2814247
Just went from this to huion giano. Finally I can rub my dick again without any pain.
>>
>>2813594
clean that mousemat lad
>>
>>2819304
I have the Ugee 1910b, use it every day. It's really good, had no problems with drivers or any of that shit, the color calibration was a bit tricky though. The viewing angles are a bit crappy but acceptable, for me they have never been a problem and if youre doing linework you will not care. The Huion seems to be a bit better on that part and has express keys, so if you think those details are worth 100 bucks extra, go for the Huion.
>>
>>2819392
How do you do that?
>>
>>2819547
>>2819304
my bad, I didn't realize the Huion SD was 1366 x 768. That's an awful resolution for a 18,5 inch display dude, go for the Ugee.
>>
I may sound like a huge poorfag here, but is it acceptable to draw on a cheap small Galaxy Tab or iPad mini and use a universal thin point stylus?
>>
>>2815845
I mean, your other options are x220t, x230t, or something like the elitebook 2760p
They're much better built than the Fujitsus, parts are easier to find, and use the same EMR digitizers meaning they all share pens.
Hell, they even share pens with the Galaxy note phones and tablets.
>>
>>2813992

it's a mini-usb cable that you can get for 2 dollars at a gas station lmao
>>
>>2815845

refurbs are usually better than new because you know some asshole had to make sure it worked again before he boxed it back up
>>
>>2819589
Just use the money you would use to buy the tablet to buy an actual drawing tablet.
>>
>>2819767
I'm under the impression that drawing tablets with a screen cost an arm and a leg. I'm never using some piece of shit Intuos Bamboo tablet again
>>
>>2808086
You have valid points, but I recently got the 13HD, and it's a healthy combination between size and not dominating a desk. As it is, I have to dedicate an entire desk to Intuos Mediums and the Cintiq 13HD. Granted, a larger service teaches you better habits, but it can also be fairly fatiguing.

tldr; it's a matter of preference at the end of the day. What I recommend most people is to test one out, if at all possible. You can also consider getting a large bamboo/Intuos over a medium Intuos Pro, for probably the same price.
>>
>>2808094
I have the same tablet and my linework looks like a parkinsons patient without stabilizer use (whereas it's fine on paper). Will upgrading in size help fix this?
>>
>>2819700
I've personally went down that route--wouldn't recommend it.

It seems like a cheap alternative, until you realize you're fighting it half the time. Same argument can be applied to cheap tablets like the Huion, granted I've never actually tried one, but I've used shitty tablets before.

For example, go into any Best Buy and try the latest Surface Pro's--you've be halfway through drawing a line when the screen/pen spazzes out. Better yet, you wholly have to limit yourself because you know the screen/pen is less apt to freak out.

I've tried all sort of cheap tablet alternatives, and generally they're all not worth it. About the only tablet computer I regret not getting was one of the high-end Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga's, but you're still paying a pretty penny and restricting yourself to laptop specs.

>Tried to buy a Thinkpad Yoga on the cheap
>"Oh boy, what a deal....."
>Didn't pay attention and found out you can't upgrade the RAM because it's soldered on
>Touchscreen was lackluster to boot
>>
Would /ic/ recommend an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil? As pricey as it is, it's far more economical than some of the ones posted ITT and still great quality, great display.
>>
File: apple-pencil-draw-others.jpg (161KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
apple-pencil-draw-others.jpg
161KB, 1200x800px
What's wrong with an iPad Pro?
>>
File: wacom.jpg (352KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
wacom.jpg
352KB, 2500x2500px
>>2807806
Bought a Wacom cintique (?) , like 2 years ago, for like a 1000 bucks, used it twice, lol.
Pic sorta related.
>>
>>2819857
The price, and depending on you, maybe the lack of profesional apps
>>
>>2819837
>but I recently got the 13HD
Any pros and cons? How's the parallax

Might order one next month
>>
File: wacom-ntrig.jpg (78KB, 1325x376px) Image search: [Google]
wacom-ntrig.jpg
78KB, 1325x376px
>>2819848
I dunno, I have an x220 tablet that I nabbed for $240, issues being that there's a small gap between the display and top glass, it's only 2-point touch, and the screen resolution is only 1366x768. I've owned it for 2 years now and have been able to draw for hours without any hiccups or problems.
That issue you've mentioned may just be a surface thing, as it uses an n-trig digitizer, not Wacom, and if Dell tablets taught me anything is that n-trig is a time bomb until something goes wrong.
>>
>>2819862
>used twice

What model? How much are you willing to sell it second-hand?
>>
>>2819855
>>2819857

Here's the lowdown on the 12.9, I've had one since August

The Apple pencil is simply perfect, it's uncontested on the market in terms of latency and parallax. There is simply no way to settle for less once you get used to it

Colors are allegedly bad on the 12.9 due to a slightly too high color temperature. Slight blue and red deviation that's just above noticeable thresholds according to Displaymate tests. The 9.7 has much better colors, brightness and saturation (but who the fuck works with less than 10" screen real estate), but worse contrast than the 12.9. You can work around the color temperature by customizing the "night shift" function (kinda like Flux for PC) but it's not perfect. Some people feel the need to color correct their professional work on a PC, most don't. I've personally never felt this is a problem, but I didn't walk in expecting the best display mankind has ever made.

Brightness is a bit worse than smaller models, glare is a problem in bright hotspots.

Software-wise it's not a PC and never will be. It's consistent, uncluttered and doesn't crash. The app store will give you iPhone adapted apps that for some dumb reason are compatible, and look like a joke on the giant screen.

If you just want to draw there's more than enough. Procreate is the most well rounded app, brush engine is better than most PC programs. the developers are obsessed with muh end user experience on smaller devices so they're slow on implementing things like a fixed color picker. But updates are frequent. Paintstorm is more customizable, has an unbelievable painterly brush engine, very close to painting in oils and shit, but it's in beta. Affinity is releasing ipad apps pretty soon so the future is looking bright

The pro 2 is rumoured to be announced soon, but release could very well delay until summer. Key feature will be better display (and maybe no headphone jack). don't see the need to upgrade.
>>
>>2820017
>t. iToddler
>>
>>2820017

A matte screen protector is essential unless you like the feeling of drawing on glass. It has a bit of tooth and feels more like paper. Problem is the protector gives the screen a slight iridescent look. You learn to see past it eventually.

Portability depends on how big man hands you have. I take it out to do plein airs often. Battery life is amazing, it's a non-issue on an average day

Other than the above kinks it's an amazing device, one of the best I've ever bought. My complaints usually are related to it not doing PC things, but the drawing and painting experience is simply amazing, feels fantastic, zero crashes and hookups, tons of nifty tricks. It probably boils down to whether you feel it's worth dropping the dosh and don't want to wait for the new model
>>
>>2820028
I was told a screen protector negatively affects the stylus input.
>>
>>2820033
Only the big fat glass ones. Honestly don't see why you'd want another layer of glass. Matte protectors are a thin layer of film
>>
>>2819862
Wtf why did you buy it then?
>>
>>2820017
All professionals use Wacom

Nobody will take you seriously if you produce your work on a fucking tablet, faggot.
>>
>>2820080
???
>>
File: large-5.jpg (42KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
large-5.jpg
42KB, 400x480px
Just use a 3DS instead of a cintiq.
Pretty much same thing.
>>
>>2820099
>3DS instead of a Wii U

Screen 2small senpai
>>
>>2820100
You can just zoom in.
At least that app has a larger canvas size than the screen also 3d layers so when you draw anime tiddies they actually pop.
>>
>>2819906
Right but like I demonstrated here:
>>2817696
Even wacom devices can be frustrating sometimes
>>
>>2820109
Wacom is trash unless you get a high end cintiq

>>2820099
I draw on my Moto G with some universal stylus when I'm bored.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>2820119
Galaxy note or nothing yo
>>
>>2820079
Because it looked like it was going to be fun to use?
>>2819988
I might use it someday so no need to sell it.
>>
>>2820161
Does it have pressure sensitivity?
>>
>>2820161
What software would you suggest for Galaxy Note? Is Autodesk Sketchbook currently the best thing out there? I'm sporting a Galaxy Note 4 btw.
>>
hmmm i'm stumped at whats causing this issue and can't find a solution.

I got a Huion 610pro that i've decided to dust off. after uninstalling the old previous drivers and installing the new ones it seems like everything was working good.

but when using CSP i've noticed that using tools like Marquee/lasso/elipses etc.. tools that require me to hold the pen down in order to maintain & adjust it randomly acts like i clicked and places it down or erasing the marquee altogether as if i double clicked.

i have no clue whats causing it and i can't seem to google the right things to find answers.
>>
>>2820231
Yup, Wacom digitizer, Samsung owns a chunk of Wacom
>>2820247
I've been dicking around with medibang
For a drawing app on Android, it's pretty good
>>
>>2819832
wacom has deceived you, child.
>>
>>2820225
fucking rich people
>>
File: gap.jpg (59KB, 590x611px) Image search: [Google]
gap.jpg
59KB, 590x611px
>>2820481
You don't have to be rich, you just have to like buying things more than you like drawing. That's why I've gone through half a dozen tablets over a 15 year period and am still a comfort-zoning degenerate myself.
>>
As a consumerist fag who can't keep his money in his card here's what I've got over the years:

Wacom Intuos 4 Medium - my first tablet, still using it from time to time. Got it refurbished from wacom's site when they used to sell DEMO tablets. It's been holding strong for the last 5 years.
Next up I've got a Samsung note 10.1 2014 edition, which I'm still using everyday, to shitpost, draw, fap and stuff, it's a large 10.1 wacom penabled tablet with pen having 1,024 pressure points, which feels amazing, the issue is the apps, only Sketchbook Pro and Infinite painter are apps I like.
The next thing I've got was Cintiq 13HD, which I'll soon resell as I find it too small to use with my desktop. Afterwards I'm planning to buy 22HD or 24HD. Drawing on a cintiq is not comparable to drawing on the intuos. It's way more precise and feels natural.
>>
>>2820596
>you just have to like buying things more than you like drawing.
yeah, but to buy stuff you need money... Cmon Giovanni
>>
>>2819988
Maybe, but you only used it only twice in forever. So how much are you willing to sell?
>>
File: intuos-pro-med-2-g.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
intuos-pro-med-2-g.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
My parents bought me an Intuos pro medium several years ago as a christmas present. I've used it only a few times but want to break it in much more in the future.

How screwed am I?
>>
>>2821190

There are pro artists that still use the intuos 3.
So you should be fine kid
>>
File: b0.png (749KB, 1572x951px) Image search: [Google]
b0.png
749KB, 1572x951px
So, can anyone tell me if this is as good as a wacom brand cintiq? I'm leaning towards this rather than a wacom cintiq 13
>>
>>2821322

Better buy a wacom DTU 2231. I got my one for 390 euros.

It has 512 levels of pressure. And it's fine
>>
My huion h610 pro arrived yesterday from amazon
My old tablet was wacom bamboo

Is Huion a good purchase or have I dun goofed?
>>
>>2821329
I went from Bamboo -> Intuos Pen Small -> Huion New 1060 Plus

I sincerely hate the Huion. Ugly trails on lines, shitty pressure sensitivity, shitty wire, shitty USB connection.
>>
80$ Wacom Intuos Draw White Pen S or 62$ Wacom One by Wacom M? The One costs less and is bigger so I don't really know which one to get. (First drawing tablet)
>>
>>2817172 guy here.
I was wondering, is it possible for me to buy a new pen for my tablet? Will it work?
>>
File: white dog.jpg (756KB, 2203x2934px) Image search: [Google]
white dog.jpg
756KB, 2203x2934px
realistically, is it worth getting one of these if i'm shit at art now? i've never really drawn or tried my hand at art
i was just gonna get some notepads and practice drawing normally, but i went over to one of my friends houses who is a total artfag and his tablet (some crazy shit worth thousands of dollars) was super impressive
he suggested i get a cheap one to see if i liked it

would this make learning any easier or am i gonna shoot myself in the foot dropping $150-$200 on a tablet
>>
File: 1482625800284.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
1482625800284.png
208KB, 410x453px
>>2821628
You first get gud with pen and paper.
Once you're somewhat good, you can invest in a tablet. Even if you're aren't some amazing artist, it's not a bad idea to invest in it. Just take good care of it and be ready to learn how the programs work. I also hope you got some good hand eye coordination if you don't plan on buying the ones with the inbuilt screen.
>>
File: 61Y2kurnseL._SL1000_.jpg (90KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61Y2kurnseL._SL1000_.jpg
90KB, 1000x1000px
I'm going to give my huion new 1060plus to my sister, wanted to upgrade, best tablet monitor for 700€?
I found the parblo coast22, any experience?
>>
File: GIMME.jpg (416KB, 1904x959px) Image search: [Google]
GIMME.jpg
416KB, 1904x959px
>>2807806
>no money
well, that´s that i guess. :(
>>
>>2821322
I have this one. Hell no it's not "as good" as a cintiq you idiot, that's why it's only 400, moron.

Let me elaborate. The Ugee works really well, the pen performance is spot on, I have never had any problems. The screen resolution and colors are kinda shitty though, so it depends on what you will use it for. If you're gonna do mostly linework, its what you need.
>>
File: 00906083.jpg (12KB, 193x270px) Image search: [Google]
00906083.jpg
12KB, 193x270px
>>2821628

There's no inherent gate you need to unlock to go digital dude, and you don't need to spend 150-200 on a tablet either.

Get a Huion 1060plus and see how you like it for 80 bucks or a h610 pro for 60

Switch between traditional and digital, it will make you a better, more well rounded artist.

And your friend is there to show you things too, pretty lucky if you ask me.
>>
>>2821648
At that budget why not go for a wacom?
>>
>>2821710
I can't find anything from wacom with a display at that price
>>
>>2821724

Second Hand : Cintiq DTU 2231
Cintiq 21UX

Brand new :
Cintiq 13HD ( will cost you much less than that )
>>
>>2821741
>Cintiq 21UX
Is this still better than a off-brand?
>Cintiq 13HD
wanted something bigger
>>
>>2821628
you can git gud without the use of digital
but learning to use digital tools now will benefit you greatly in the long run

do it anon
>>
>>2821753
Lol yes

don't get an offbrand. A lot of people complain. Get the real deal. Even though it's more expensive it's much more worth it.
>>
>>2821770
k, thanks
>>
>>2821753
>wanted something bigger
Save up if you don't want second hand

I know people laugh at wacom fanboys but reading reviews and actually working on chinese tablet that was complete shit when I didn't know any better makes me doubt any chinese tablet company. Wacom owns the market for a reason, their products last for a very long time

Still hoping Microsoft/Dell/Asus/any fucking trusted big name company will go and try making drawing tablets too so Wacom will lower their outrageous prices. I want the 27" screen display tablet Dell has been working on to be a true competitor to Wacom's 27HD.
>>
>>2821770
Plenty of people complain about wacom too, and their build quality is really not that impressive. It wouldn't be difficult for a newcomer to bring a better product
>>
>>2821329
I've been using my Huion h610 for three years (almost four). It has been loyal and trusty.

Last week the stylus died, though. Fell off the table too many times (their pen holder/nib case is a joke), but I ordered a new one and eveything's fine.

I ordered a ugee with a screen on it recently, but I still plan to keep my huion, it works like a charm and reminds me of the old Intuos 3 tablets.
>>
>>2821597
I see no other difference between them and googling doesn't help, wat do?
>>
>>2821791
should i wait for the Dell Canvas?
>>
>>2821832
http://www.wacom.com/en-br/products/pen-tablets/one-wacom-m
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-tablets/intuos-draw
Check Specifications at the bottom

One comes with express keys, one doesn't (they're useful but there are some that don't use them at all)

If I were you I'd save for Intous (/pro) medium as first tablet
>>
>>2821848
I want to get a pen tablet just to try it out, not sure if I'm gonna use it for something that warrants more than 100$ spent on it.
>>
>>2821807
Yes but there isn't anyone out there for now so wacom can have fun.
>>
>>2821958
Well I'm trying to persuade myself right now that the parblo isn't it, but since it's so new I guess we won't know until a few people are brave enough to try it.
>>
>>2821925
Then I'd go for the medium
>>
/g/ here

would something like an x220 tablet be okay for babby's first tablet?
>>
can someone post the /diy/ workstation guy who got a 1000$ wacom monitor for free from a dumpster behind an art company and fixed it for 10 dollars for himself?

>>2822168
Terrible edge detection, somehow still no supercalibration tool made by IBMtards
otherwise pretty good
>>
>>2821335
>Ugly trails on lines, shitty pressure sensitivity

Is this the sort of issue that's a problem for pros but noobs won't know the difference?

From looking on Amazon (britfag) it seems I could get the Huion H610 for 70 GBP, or the Intuos Pro medium for about 270 GBP, which is a bit more than I'd like to spend just to draw animu grills.

The intuos pro small is more affordable at 160 but I guess it really will be too small to do any sensible drawing.
>>
>>2822092
Yeah, thanks. 60$ ain't much.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (79KB, 798x767px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
79KB, 798x767px
>>2819837
Fair enough, I just don't recall liking my 12wx very much because of the limited space, but admittedly the only real deal breaker was this driver issue I'd been having (nearly a decade ago). I gave it to a more established artist friend of mine like a week ago and he seems to love it and doesn't have many of those problems I was having as far as I know (he's definitely going to get a rude awakening with the color though).

>>2820984
W-well I mean I'm not rich and I've bought a lot of tablets myself over time. I was just projecting, I only bought as many tablets as I did because I kept thinking the next one I bought was going to turn me into John K before he became a recluse or one of those Japaneses with their wacky animes. Needless to say, I was wrong. It did however give me experience with a wide variety of devices and led me to my current extremist position on tablets so I suppose it wasn't a total waste.

>>2821190
Sell it and get a Giano or a Intuos Large bud

>>2821651
>people even entertaining the idea of buying anything that has 20%+ 1 star reviews

y tho

>>2821807
Over the years I've had plenty of problems with Wacom, mostly somewhat innocuous fidgety stuff that was patched later but in one instance these problems were essentially fatal. However, I still think due to both the industry-standard stylus and ubiquitous software support (thanks to their monopoly) the Wacoms are begrudgingly worth the extra money (starting at the large Intuos models exclusively).

The Giano is by far the best "starter/first timer" tablet, and anyone that's even entertaining the idea of drawing freehand on their computer more than a couple times a year that chooses not to get it whom otherwise can't afford an Intuos Large or Cintiq is playing themselves. It is absolutely worth the extra $80 or so over the 610 or 1060PRO and blows the Intuos Medium and its juniors out of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrb-HWp_rI
>>
>>2822406
>The Giano is by far the best "starter/first timer" tablet
does the size of the tablet make that signifigant of a difference? i was going to just buy the intuos medium (which is available in a store close to my house), but if it's that good i might try it out

i can see a couple for $200 from china on ebay, hopefully they're legit and wont explode

also, do you know how well this works left handed? all i can find is a video of a dude using it upside down which i suppose isnt too bad
>>
File: boi.png (230KB, 540x431px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
230KB, 540x431px
>>2822537
>does the size of the tablet make that signifigant of a difference?

Yes, bigger is strictly better -there's definitely a major difference. The size of the active area is the single most important feature of this kind of tablet, with the stylus itself being a very close second. Anything else is more or less irrelevant.

>also, do you know how well this works left handed?

It's unfortunately not built "symmetrically" like the Intuos are so you have to flip it upside down to use it left handed. It is perfectly functional like this, but it certainly looks retarded.

>i can see a couple for $200 from china on ebay, hopefully they're legit and wont explode

You should be able to get them from amazon or other domestic retailers for $160 or so. If you're in the pacific yourself Huion sells them directly and that's how I got mine.

It's a solid tablet that is just short of being the best available of its kind-but if you can afford it a used Intuos Large generation 4 and up is (unfortunately) worth the extra money in my humble imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6PUFC65zY
>>
>>2821648
I got the parblo coast22 3 days ago if there's any specific questions you have I might be of help. So far, although too early to tell for sure, it's been working well for me.
>>
File: Nadia-Mogilev_0033.jpg (824KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nadia-Mogilev_0033.jpg
824KB, 1500x1000px
What is the best position to use a big display tablet, ergonomically speaking? Like this or more flat to the desk? What if I don't use express keys, should my keyboard be in front of me or more like to the side/back?
>>
>>2822686
>back
sorry I ment behind the display
>>
Intuos pro large went up to $480 on Amazon, it was $399 few weeks ago. I'm mad...
>>
>>2822708
Get it (or the Intuos 4 or 5 if they're cheaper, literally no important difference that I'm aware) used from a seller that has clear pictures. If it doesn't look like it was owned by an orangutan you're good. There isn't much reason to fear a used Wacom product, or most any non-display tablets as long as they don't show signs of neglect or abuse. Get a POSRUS surface cover with it (or perhaps get a big piece of paper and cut it to size as one anon suggested) and it will probably last until your operating system stops supporting its driver software 15 years from now.
>>
>>2822741
Good point. But I'll probably just buy new Large once price drops (hopefully...), since I never bought used thing from online.
>>
File: come on.jpg (138KB, 463x634px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
138KB, 463x634px
>>2822750
Alright man, if you insist!

IMHO though it isn't much worth to buy new and no use waiting around for a sale or something like that-who knows when that will even be? So many people give up drawing without hardly using these damn things, you're bound to find one that looks like it basically came straight out of the box for a hundred or two less than it'd otherwise be in short order.

If you really want something new though I don't blame you, in either case it's a lot of money to spend without knowing for sure what you're getting, I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e9adrI7IIY
>>
>>2822686
Mines not that large (cintiq13hd) but i use it like that lady in ur pic because i dont have to slouch over it and I have everything i need bount to the express keys so my keyboard is just behind it.
>>
>>2819867
>>2819857
If you have a iPad there's actually some really great art apps on there like Procreate, Sketchbook Pro (this got taken down for the shittier stripped version) and another one whose name I forget, but it's basically Sai and looks like a Desktop application, gives you tons of freedom.
>>
>>2822775

Paintstorm studio. Ridiculously good brush engine, customization and availability of general tools shits all over Procreate. Extremely large file size (650 megs for a 5000px file) and low max canvas size (7000px). It's just two guys working on it so development is slow and it's like twice the price of procreate. They had a great update in December though.

The oils really feel like oils, bought it for that reason alone
>>
>>2822660
OS?
Are you using it as main monitor?
Driver issues?
Dead or stuck pixels?
Tilt sensivity? Some reviews said it has, others not
Slow, straight lines? How do they come out?
Parallax?
Accuracy near the edges?
>>
>>2814247
I have one of these

it's ok, bought it because i was and still am in the same situation.

Deffinately wish i could get a bigger one though
>>
>>2822660
Could you try the something like the "slow diagonal lines with a ruler" test demonstrated here:
>>2817696
That seems like a good way of testing accuracy
>>
>>2822771
What kind of arm are you using to use it like the picture?
>>
>>2822787
Windows 8.1
Monitor type is Inspirion 2020 all in one which doesn't have have an hdmi. So I connect via usb-hdmi extender for picture and usb-usb for actual motion.
It's used as an extending monitor as well. I'm not a dead pixel but maybe a hairline crack or even a real hair stuck on the screen, It's very thin small so didn't notice until now when I check for dead pixels. But it's definitely inside the monitor.
There's no tilt sensitivity by default. In edges the point stays close but you can see it's not right under the pen it's a good 5 pixels away on the outer edges.
I'm not sure what parallax is sorry.
It's been compatible with clip studio, photoshop, auto desk, and sai. I can only really attest to clip studio though because that the only program I actually use, the other I just tested for motion whether it moved like it's supposed to.
If I say there's are any issues it's that some programs like clip studio change your tablet information on their own, which you may have to switch back yourself. As well as the software for this tablet resets your setting and if you fancy software setting like intruos your out of luck there.
It's been perfect for me and I have at least 4 days left to get full refund which I won't do. It's also came with an automatic 1 year warranty which i might inquire upon because of the hairlike product in if it ever bothers me.
>>
File: line test.png (41KB, 1190x835px) Image search: [Google]
line test.png
41KB, 1190x835px
>>2822794
>>2822787
this is the like test but it might not be the best example since my screen protector is full of garbage and air bubbles.
>>
>>2819589
That's how i started, now im a millionaire
>>
So the Intuos "small" tablets are too small for general use?

Can't you just zoom in on the part of the picture that you are drawing?
>>
>>2823110
Thank you, I think I'm probably going to get one too, did you get it from amazon?
>>
I fell for the monofilament meme for my intuos pro but the usual recommended 1.65mm feels a bit too big and keeps the inner button pressed which causes line drag.
Should I just hop down to 1.60mm if I can find it?

Also what material is that tip on the Flex nib supposed to be because it feels perfect and would be nice if I could find a dupeable material or maybe if anyone can link to a place to buy a close knockoff cheap?
Feels almost like a very soft cotton like eraser, rubbery yet smooth.
>>
>>2823234
I've used a small intous for 6 years (still using it, just took a break from drawing) you get used to it and you draw in the middle all the time (your hand won't move away from the active area the moment you learn how to use it), but it's mainly drawing from the wrist, and your inputs / lines are always bigger than what you're expecting because the active area is small compared to your monitor (you get used to it too, though).

I would recommend anyone to not cheap out and get a medium, at least.
>>
>>2823561
>active area is small compared to your monitor

That doesn't sound great, like having mouse sensitivity ramped right up.

I think I'm leaning more towards the Huion H610 being about 1/4 the price of an equivalent-sized wacom, so I'll feel less bad when I inevitably turn out to be shit at drawing and give up.

Not convinced about buying a second hand tablet covered with someone else's dead skin cells and dried jizz.
>>
File: intuos4sens.png (30KB, 549x602px) Image search: [Google]
intuos4sens.png
30KB, 549x602px
so I recently took out my intuos4 again after way too many years.. but when going into the settings for the sensitivity, at my absolute lightest touch on the tablet the little bar fills quite a bit as seen in the image, also no matter how I set the sensitivity I dont reach the full bar / max pressure. broken? normal? and if so could it be just the pen? dont quite have the finances for a new tablet atm :( and I really wanna get back into it!
>>
>>2823775
>checking these before actually drawing and seeing if there's something wrong with your lines

Fucking draw retard. It works.
>>
so it's normal that no matter how hard I press I cant reach max pressure? what's the point of all those pressure levels if I dont seem get the full range... and yes I tested it and with flow set to pen pressure I never get as deep the color that I selected, which is what made me check the settings in the first place
>>
new thread >>2823293
>>
>>2807806
Tablet drawing isn't art.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.