[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

book suggestions for a self study curriculum

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: aki.jpg (296KB, 1280x1443px) Image search: [Google]
aki.jpg
296KB, 1280x1443px
hi guys. i know that i have to study the fundamentals and the sticky here is really helpful, but can anyone give me a "path" for books i should study/practice from in sequence, if i wanted to produce art like that of akihiko yoshida and kazuma kaneko? i really like their style and i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. currently reading keys to drawing just to get into the groove, and will check out draw a box afterwards.

i dont have plans of being a pro but im going to take studying seriously. i want to be an illustrator as a hobby, and create stuff that would resonate with me. TIA.
>>
Me too. I love the art style in Tactics Ogre, I want to be able to draw like that.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (16KB, 321x325px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
16KB, 321x325px
Aren't you too old for spoonfeeding?

Sticky mentions enough resources to learn strong fundamentals; after that learning a particular style is a matter of a week or two of studies.

If that's not enough help for you, then you're not proactive enough to ever git gud and you should just give up. Normies often enjoy playing video games - you should try that.
>>
>>2805550
we have TWO stickies

read them
>>
>>2805875
Also if you mean planning out what to study in what order that is all on you. Each person is different with different goals in mind. I suggest you invest in a white board to mark your goals everyday, can be useful to keep your thoughts in one place.
>>
File: Akihiko_Yoshida-FF3.jpg (1MB, 1122x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Akihiko_Yoshida-FF3.jpg
1MB, 1122x1600px
>>2805550
>>2805747
Me three. I've been working on the basic fundies for close to two years but only set my mind a few days ago on drawing characters like Yoshida. Gonna work on perspective again and get a good hold on anatomy before I try stylizing
>>
>>2805868
I understand, and I'm actually going through them in order. I just thought maybe there was something more i should look into, for the specific style i would like to go for. I appreciate your honest response, man. Do you think this is a good approach:

- Keys to Drawing (I'm starting from square one)
- drawabox.com / Dynamic Sketching
- Perspective Made Easy
- Michael Hampton / Anatomy
- How to Draw Scott Robertson

>>2805877
Yeah, I'm getting the idea of what I need to do to get to the place I want. i'll learn the fundamentals first and then worry about the "style" later. Maybe it'll even come naturally as I go.

>>2805914
Same here. I have a lot of ground to cover since I'm just starting to learn, but once I do the necessary grind to do the fundamentals, I'll then improve my visual library to build my own "Ivalice."
>>
tablo ve kanvas tablo için özellikle yağlı boya tablo için http://tabloda.com/index.html sayfasına bir göz gezdirin derim, çok güzel tablo ve yağlı boya tablolar var.
>>
File: tablo-dk141.jpg (359KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
tablo-dk141.jpg
359KB, 360x500px
For table and canvas painting, especially for oil painting table http://tabloda.com/index.html Take a look at the page, there are very nice paintings and oil paintings. www.tabloda.com
>>
>>2805914
Stop trying to be a copycat.
>>
>>2808402
copying artists you admire is all part of the learning process bro
>>
>>2808402
#2 here, obviously I don't want to make his style my style, but I'd like to see some of it in my own art.
>>
>>2808407
Studying is,copying is not. Learn to break down their art and art style to its fundamentals.

Make use of the fundamentals that they draw from and apply to your won work. This actually takes time and effort to understand and do, but you gain much more from it in the long run
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.