[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think about this site? http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 399635341_1280x720.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
399635341_1280x720.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
What does /ic/ think about this site? http://www.ctrlpaint.com/
>>
>>2805454
they're frauds.
>>
>>2805458
How so?
>>
I only watched his free stuff and it helped me with some stuff. I'm yet to check on the premium shit at cgpeers.
What I feel is that there's so much of these out there, that makes you wary.
>>
>>2805460
Not anon that you replying to, but I got a similar feeling, especially about his premium stuff.

Mostly because:
- his tutorials aren't as universal as he advertised them to be (it's hard to apply his lessons to your own paintings)
- he divides subjects that he's teaching in a way that forces you to buy more tutorials (in his premium tutorial about rendering you won't hear anything about textures or custom brushes or realistic surfaces, because he made separate tutorials about those topics). On the other hand it could be easier to learn stuff this way.
- and quality of his perspective and rendering from imagination tutorials is far from perfect - you'll learn more from Scott Robertsons books.

>tl;dr
Read "How to Draw" and "How to Render" instead.
>>
>>2805454
I would say watching the free videos is good for a beginner digital painter. They are free after all, and short, and cover many different areas.
Just to open their mind a bit. Beginners with no clue are often stuck in a box and sticks to "I will draw as I write".
>>
>>2805454

His premium stuff is really worth it. I "borrowed" the digital sketching videos and had to actually buy it.

His free content is useful for beginners.
>>
>>2805556
>His premium stuff is really worth it.
Post your art.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.