[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1449787990-pls.jpg (12KB, 450x326px)
1449787990-pls.jpg
12KB, 450x326px
I have a huge issue.

Every time I start a new art page ( on deviantart or tumblr for instance ) to share my art, I end up deleting it because I am too ashamed of my art.

I don't want my old art to stay on the internet because it looks so fucking shitty to me I can't even handle it.

Now, after years of experimenting and studying fundamentals, I want to sell my art and be serious about it, but I have this huge paranoia since the age of 16 ( i'm 25 now ) and every time I start something, I can't help it, I delete the page/blog/whatever 3 month later, because I don't want people to remember or even see my old art.

I want to start marketing my art on Instagram atm, but I know myself, I'm gonna delete the whole thing 3 month later.

Am i crazy ? How can I overcome this fear ? Do i need mental help ?
>>
>>2804462
Well, starting to hate your older work is usually a sign that you are improving, or at the very least developing a better taste and higher standards. So that's nothing bad, just don't obsess over it. Focus on doing the best you can each time you work on something new and forget about the old stuff.

Unless you're posting cringy fetish shit and OCs, I don't see why you should be ashamed of it. People love inspirational improvement stories.
>>
>>2804462
not only i delete everything i also destroy it physically and time period is also 2-3 months
>>
File: clawgasm.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
clawgasm.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>2804462
>Every time I start a new art page ( on deviantart or tumblr for instance )

Ironclad/nogariko, yes you need mental help. Not because you're crazy but because you want recognition without criticism. The world doesn't work like that. If you're trying to do that you'll stay in the situation you are now in forever.

How to cure this?
1 stop publishing your stuff. Draw for yourself or publish it here anonymously so you won't need to create /delete new accounts on shit sites. Once you feel confident make your own page.
OR
2 grow some balls, fight the urge to delete and leave your stuff where it is. If you embarrassed about it, practice, publish new stuff and show off how well you've progressed comparing your art to your doodles.

Post some of your shit, let everyone roast you for it, and once you've taken enough punches to your balls you'll be tough enough to repel the shit they throw at you.

Here I've drawn some shit and anyone is welcome to criticize me for it. There will be at least 1 motherfucker who will say it's utter shit and I don't give a damn because I will either improve and do better next time or I like it as it is and others opinion doesn't matter. There.
>>
>>2804892
thanks anon, thats the reply I needed.
>>
Post a handful of your best images, every time you draw something better, post it and delete the weakest. That way you can build a page/following, while keeping the work that's up fresh.
>>
>>2804892
I'll be that guy. It really is shit.
>>
>>2804462
pursuing art is not for weak minded people like you.
grow a pair or gtfo.
you're never gonna make it if you are a overly sensitive faggot.
>>
>>2804892
yeah, you are correct. this is utter shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.