[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people draw the female body way more often than the male body?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3815.jpg (156KB, 640x1121px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3815.jpg
156KB, 640x1121px
Why do people draw the female body way more often than the male body?
>>
no one likes to draw cocks
>>
>>2803730
Furries don't.

Why do people ask questions they already know the answer to on this fucking board?
>>
Woman draw less than men, and fags are a minority.
>>
>>2803745
>women draw less than men
>>
>>2803730
How is this even a question?
>>
>>2803730
I always default to drawing dudes. No homo.
>>
>>2803730
females are more visually appealing to everybody, including female artists.
>>
>>2803730
Curves.
>>
>>2803730
it's easier. it's more curvy and fluid. male is more muscular, more detail involved, usless he's fat.

also most artists are male, sorry but it's true, and most male artists are pervs.
>>
>>2803785
Look up art school students by gender
>>
>>2803824
>it's easier

post work
>>
>>2803730
it's harder
>>
>>2803730
Men lust after beautiful women and women want to be those beautiful women.
>>
File: IMG_2565.jpg (141KB, 655x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2565.jpg
141KB, 655x578px
>>2803730
>only draw males
>never draw females
>now can't competently draw women
>>
>>2803730
You gay, boy?
>>
Easier to draw
Male bodies are a pain in the ass to get right
>>
>>2803730
it's sexier
>>
>>2803730

the basic distinction between males and females is that females need to put more effort in procreating. consequently, women have to be selective while choosing a male to fuck, while males should try to mate with any female that seems fit to procreate.

the visual impact of the femenine body is much stronger than that of the masculine.
>>
>>2803868
this was me with heads
now i default to drawing males when drawing from imagination
it sucks
>>
I mostly draw men though

>>2803824
>>2803916
I guess it's because I already got used to drawing male bodies but fuck I can never get them curves right, drawing a "cute" female is hard as hell. I'm gonna practice those this year.
>>
>>2803730
gay here
I've never actually drawn a female before.
also leonardo da vinci drew mostly men and so did michelangelo.
>>
it's more fun for straight men (95% of good artists), it's easier (subcutaneous fat obscures tricky anatomical details), and it's more marketable.
>>
Because western society worship females.
It's fucking gay.
>>
>>2804075
>also leonardo da vinci drew mostly men and so did michelangelo.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>2804075
leanardo was evidently gay.

today he would be classified as a closet gay.
>>
>>2805640
shut up Ted.

go back in your cage.
>>
>>2803837
>implying everyone who draws is also an art student

I'd wager to say the majority of hobbyist artists are women.
>>
>>2805694
even students are mostly women, this guy aint knowing shit
>>
I'm a guy and i tend to draw females because i think there's more beauty in the female body - Nothing sexual, im gay.
>>
When I draw dudes, I must be a homo. When I draw girls, I must be a creep with unrealistic standards. When I draw both I'm still some weirdo who must be writing a fanfic of something.

Why can't normos just stop judging
>>
>>2803730
it gives me a boner. I like having a boner.

before class I go into the bathroom and tuck my dick against my stomach and use my belt to hold it tightly against my skin, because in my life drawing class I get boners when I sketch female models.

Male models I don't need to follow this routine.
>>
>>2803730
Because the female figure haves nice curves, while men's figures are flat.

And women have better skin.

There are many answers to your question, kid. Look em up.
>>
>>2803730
for me it's because I want my artwork to feel sexy. and I'm a straight male, so...
>>
>>2805694
Seems like you feel bad about being part of a demographic that's less likely to do art than another demographic, in which case you need to sort out your priorities. Stop caring so much about what everyone else does and just do what you want to do instead.
>>
File: aids skrillex.jpg (116KB, 461x533px) Image search: [Google]
aids skrillex.jpg
116KB, 461x533px
>>2803730
It's because WE'RE FUCKING WHITE MALES
>>
>>2803730
sex sells

and you can do shit like this >>2800973
>>
File: 1471297842705.jpg (100KB, 506x810px) Image search: [Google]
1471297842705.jpg
100KB, 506x810px
>>2803730

because young fertile women are the most valuable and highly sought after of the species, and both men and women know this. we worship healthy and beautiful women because they represent the vitality of the future.

... not that it affects my art in any way, i draw guys more because that's what gets me off.
>>
>>2803798
this!
Though most art instruction and anatomy books set male as a reference and female body is studied in comparison. Probably 'cause natural female body has a bit more fat that obscures muscles and softens definitions, and 'cause those ancient Greeks and Romans and later renaissance artists were all blatantly homosexual
>>
>>2810011
FA
>>
>>2803730
I draw the male body more because of a fondness of sci-fi and capeshit.
But when it comes to model drawing it's quite difficult to find male models, compared to female models where you've got an heavy inflation.

Honestly, us dudes really should try to stop being so fucking shy regarding nakedness. It isn't that big of a deal.
And I know I'm projecting, but I'm still right.
>>
>>2810011
>young fertile women are the most valuable of the species
What about... science, technology, art, philosophy? These achievements of humanity would barely change if women never existed.

I get your point about propagating the species, but I think the world would be a better place if everyone realized that women should go extinct.
>>
>>2810083
i think your fedora is cutting off circulation anon
>>
File: what.jpg (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
55KB, 250x250px
>>2810041
>Honestly, us dudes really should try to stop being so fucking shy regarding nakedness.
>>
File: 1389948990754.jpg (124KB, 923x898px) Image search: [Google]
1389948990754.jpg
124KB, 923x898px
>>2810041
Actually there are many male references out there

It's more hard to find "specific" body types in males (like bear mode). If anyone has any collection/source of reference for these types of bodies that would be amazing

>tfw once asked tumblr ref blog to put more fat males
>their gallery was filled with fat females (and all kinds of refs of females)
>their response was basically telling me to fuck off
>>
>>2803730
Because men are disgusting/pathetic and can't stop thinking with their dicks even subconsciously
>>
I find it vulgar and sexist to draw women in a sexually gratifying way. Female bodies are a wonder to draw, but exceptionally sexually charged in our culture. I will often go great lengths to make them sexually neutral and in possession of personality rather than TNA. I find it easier to focus on design aspects and be creative when drawing males, mostly out of habit, and it's less forgiving in terms of anatomical accuracy than drawing women - it's easy to fall into stylization and still have it look acceptable. a female nude doesn't seem to carry the same sense of pure artistry. I'm not sure what any of this implies.
>>
>>2810238

2/10 made me reply
>>
>>2803837
This is true: >>2805694

I went to art school, the ratio of male to female students in almost all departments was around 2/5 Many of the female students were ok at their art some pretty good, but the amount of really talented male students was comparable to the amount of really talented female ones.
>>
>>2803924
/thread
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Women_are_wonderful%22_effect

Men and women are programmed to both prefer women
>>
Because the whole goal is to have hot bitches model for you and fuck them.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.