[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drawabox.com

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

Is it legit?

Worth doing?
>>
Any practical exercise you do for skill improvement is worth it. What matters is that you make it worth it.
>>
It covers the basics pretty well and there's a critique board on r/fundamentals (or just use the beginner thread)
>>
>>2802515
>2016+1
>daesh a box
>willingly funding the IS
>>
>>2802542
Pls don't use the beginner thread. No one gives a fuck about lines or boxes or whatever retardation comes from the first lesson and you can easily judge the lack of quality of yourself.
>>
>>2802528
this

Don't waste your time with his "advanced" exercises though, they're kind of shit. Just focus on the basic shape stuff and then study from a real pro.
>>
File: 20161227_144051.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161227_144051.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>2802550
What would you say is advanced? Not op but i'm at the plants section right now
>>
>>2803384
holy shit you're not even trying to absorb the lesson information
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (177KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
177KB, 773x1000px
>>2803384
I think the exercise wants you to spend more time focusing on the simple shapes and their orientation. like drawing circles to feel the cones and shit.

im shit 2, but I think these transparent basic shapes r what to practice.
>>
>>2803420
Yea that's what I did too

>>2803387
This one was just me trying to apply the leafs practice, haven't finished the lesson yet
>>
>>2803444
any lesson. you aren't learning from them.
>>
>>2803663
I haven't finished any lesson? That was just one image I did with crayola pencils in a plane.

>>2803384
>What would you say is advanced

So is draw a box worth it or not?
>>
Peter Han's Dynamic Sketching is better, but it's not bad as far as I can tell. Depends what you want to get from it.
>>
>>2802515
Ive done it app three times in 2 years, still cant draw but it helps me improve each time.
>>
>>2802515
drawabox=ISIS

The guy literally follows the sunnah of Muhammad. Giving him money or attention will inevitably give the same to ISIS.

We've been through this already.
>>
File: look at this moron.jpg (126KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
look at this moron.jpg
126KB, 1280x933px
>>2802515
In my opinion no, it is not legit, because:
- author is too retarded to learn perspective (pic related, it's one of his "lessons"; you can also see such mistakes in his portfolio)
- I saw Peter Hans workshops and there are some differences, both in theory (for example about how fast should you move your pencil while drawing straight lines) and in the way new material is explained (Peter Han is simply a better teacher).
- his portfolio isn't that impressive when compared with portfolios of other art teachers. It may sound like ad hominem argument, but for me it's easier to learn from people that are REALLY impressive: it fascinates me more, it helps with motivation.

In conclusion:
It's better than nothing, but you could find something better.
>>
>>2803760
what?
>>
>>2802515
stopped doing the lessons at the animals part, but i definitely learned about structure after starting from zero
>>
>>2803760
>We've been through this already.
No, it's just you shitposting and hoping it catches on. Every time someone asks you fail to provide evidence.
>>
Keys to Drawing is much better for beginners
>>
>>2802547
speak for yourself m8
>>
>>2804016
If you can't tell if lines are straight and curves are curvy, you may want to go take up something a little less cognitively taxing. Or eat a bullet. Dealer's choice.
>>
>>2803855
Hi Irshad
>>
>>2804041
>implying I use reddit
>implying I'm a muslim
I don't know which is more offensive. You've been spamming the same thing every time this site has come up since last August.
https://warosu.org/ic/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=drawabox+isis
https://warosu.org/ic/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=box+isis
You are literally autistic. Fuck off.
>>
File: Dump_1.jpg (2MB, 3450x4450px) Image search: [Google]
Dump_1.jpg
2MB, 3450x4450px
>>2802515

1/3

I wanna rip my hair out from trying to draw from my goddamn shoulder pivot.

When I draw from my wrist, and the way I naturally way I draw, everything is pretty damn straight, clean and cut, but goddamn, is drawing from the shoulder like trying to balance a rowing oar and drawing perfectly from a distance with minute detail.

I don't know how I feel about it, I am redrawing lesson one over and over again from the shoulder pivot, but there is hardly any improvement. I can see it slowly getting better, but damn, it's like learning to draw with my left hand.
>>
File: Dump_2.jpg (2MB, 3300x6600px) Image search: [Google]
Dump_2.jpg
2MB, 3300x6600px
>>2805839
>>
File: Dump_3.jpg (3MB, 6800x4813px) Image search: [Google]
Dump_3.jpg
3MB, 6800x4813px
>>2805839

3/3

These were from my shoulder pivot, when I redrew them in another sketchbook from the wrist and natural way that I am used to, they looked spot on, clean and accurate as hell.
>>
>>2805843
then use your wrist?
>>
>>2805857
never draw with your wrist. Ever.
>>
File: 1482883484481.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1482883484481.png
356KB, 599x510px
>>2805907
>never draw with your wrist. Ever.

I'm sick of this meme.
>>
>>2802515
It's a great thing to do after Keys or Right Side. It's a good bridge between symbol books and loomis.
>>
>>2805839
>>2805840
>>2805843
I'm too lazy to type this out myself to allow me to quote leddit.

>Inherently there is nothing wrong with drawing either from your wrist or with your fingers. Every pivot point has its strengths. The fingers are excellent for very controlled tiny details. This is why we use them to write. The wrist is useful for somewhat larger shapes and finally the arm is great for very big strokes.

>There are however some reasons why it is good for a beginner to practice drawing from the arm. As you are likely used to draw/write from your fingers it'll initially feel unnatural to draw from the arm. If you'd use whatever feels comfortable to you now you'll never get used to drawing from the arm and won't be able to utilise its benefits.

>Those benefits are being able to make broad and confident strokes. This in turn is something that is often missing in beginner work. Beginners often focus on tiny little details instead of thinking about the big picture. Further more when they do need to make big marks they often use their fingers to make a bunch of tiny little lines instead of their arm to make one big stroke. This is also known as chicken scratching. By forcing yourself to draw from the arm it makes it easier for you to focus on the big shapes and to draw big confident lines.

>Finally there is simply the health benefits. Drawing a lot with your wrist or fingers puts a lot of strain on them. Learning to make the big marks with your arm lets you lift a lot of that strain off those pivot points which will make it less likely for you to develop something like carpal tunnel syndrome.

>>2805907
Fuck off.
>>
>>2805839
>>2805840
>>2805843

I'm a beginner who did the same exercises a while ago, the improvement from drawing from my shoulder was gradual and slow but at this point I'm much better at it. It helps with long lines in my experience, I use my wrists for shorter lines personally. I was about as 'bad' or maybe even worse judging from your scans when I started.

It took me 2-3 weeks to get the hang of it drawing a couple of hours everyday on average, but as I said I'm a beginner so your mileage may vary.

I plan on making sure I know how to draw boxes by heart, then ellipses and then maybe some other basic shapes before moving on to values.
>>
>>2805857
>>2805907

When I do digital works, do I work from my wrist or shoulder, I always do it from the wrist?
>>
>>2804383
drawabox=ISIS

Stay autistic kiddo. See if you can dig up other crap from the archives.
>>
>>2804383
when will free critiques be back?
>>
>>2806541

I was the one who posted these...

>>2805839
>>2805840
>>2805843

I actually emailed him personally with some questions, it sounds like he'll probably never get back to it. Reason he had them pay was because he was doing 200+ critiques a month if not more.

Though, still, that's only about 6 to 7 critiques a day for 30 days.
>>
>>2806538
>keeps doing the same thing over and over to no effect
>calls others autistic

>>2806541
>samefagging

You've provided no evidence once again, and failed even to be even slightly creative in your autistic attempts at trolling.
>>
>>2806550
Stop me if heard this one:

NOT

THAT

ANON

And yes you're the one being autistic here. So you can stop worrying now.

Drawabox=ISIS
>>
>>2806552
>still just repeating yourself
You're not even going to try to do any trolling beyond that? You're a special kind of idiot.

I'm going to guess the owner of the site insulted your drawings. That's too bad.
>>
>>2806561
>I'm going to guess the owner of the site

Nice try Irshad, we know it's you.

drawabox=ISIS
>>
What the fuck is happening.
>>
>>2806658
Some jihadist is once agian shilling drawabox
>>
>>2806550
I just wanted to see if free critiques would be back calm down Sand Nigger
>>
>>2802515
drawabox == ISIS
>>
File: nice forms.png (218KB, 830x777px) Image search: [Google]
nice forms.png
218KB, 830x777px
>>2802515
No, unless you want to draw like pic rel
>>
>>2807005
looks good to me
>>
>>2807028
the legs are way too short kek
>>
>>2803752
WHERE CAN I FIND THAT
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.