[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's that time again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: img[1].jpg (38KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
img[1].jpg
38KB, 500x371px
Guys, I'm tired and I'm looking for advice.

There's so much to fucking learn, and the more I learn, the more aware I am that I don't know shit.
I'm tired of studying books and grinding studies so I can one day do the stuff I want to do.

I've been at it for a year or so of actual studying, and I'm spent. Whenever I'm off doing something else, I want to draw, but I no longer derive any pleasure from practice, and I am not good enough that I feel I can commit to drawing even semi-professionally.

I don't go out, I don't play video games or watch movies or tv, I just work and draw, and lately I've been turning into a plant whenever I tried to sit down and draw.

How do you keep things fresh and diverse?
I've been thinking about starting a blog or something, but I doubt I'd get much feedback and it could just depress me.
Are there any active communities with themed "contests" or challenges that I can participate in and have competition to run against and learn from?
Yeah, we have /las/, but it's just drawing whatever, and it's pretty half-assed from what I've seen.

Or you know, whatever advice you can spare.
What do you do to not kill yourself?
>>
>>2800238

Draw what you want to draw and learn to draw it well. That's the trick to getting good. If you can't find anything you want to draw, then drawing isn't for you.
>>
>>2800242
>If you can't find anything you want to draw, then drawing isn't for you.
That's not the problem, not crying because it looks like shit is the problem.
>>
>>2800246
Use reference(very important), take it slowly, don't rush the drawing. Spend as much time as you require on a single drawing. Learn to draw in lines only before rendering, then learn to render in black and white before doing color.

A trick to making good beginner art is to draw directly from a photo reference and add your own touches. This is how some of the popular artists do it. E.g., get a photo of a naked man, then research some armors or clothing and add the armors on the naked man.

Spend enough time fleshing out a single drawing, then it will look good.
>>
>>2800238
>the more I learn, the more aware I am that I don't know shit.

Learn to bask in this. Find a way to convince yourself that a greater pool of knowledge out there is a good thing.

To reinforce what >>2800264 said - find artworks that inspire you and modify them; you'd be doing a master-study-lite where you can introduce your own variations into it without going overly verbose into detail or trying to nail down an exact copy. Along the way, see if you can figure out how the artist did a particular thing that jumped out at you as being really well executed.

Hopefully you are into the old master work so you've got centuries of interesting pieces to choose from.

Doing this you build up a dictionary in your head of things you've worked on that you know "fits" within a given scope and you can later on summon your knowledge/intuition and use it for further creative work.

Give yourself breaks - you're in it for the long haul so if you miss a few days don't feel like you're somehow set back massively.
>>
>>2800264
full of shit idiot, their improvement rate is gonna go down to 1% if they spend all their time trying to make finished drawings

OP maybe draw more stuff on a whim and go with the flow more, or take a break! set a period of time where you're not allowed to draw, like a week or something. don't break the moratorium until time's up. you should feel antsy to draw by the end of it. if you dont, maybe it wasnt enough time, so you dreaded having to start again instead of getting antsy; try a longer or indefinite break. this should refresh you.
YMMV tho
>>
File: 1465791725177.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465791725177.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
I'm feeling the same OP, although I'm masochistic and will spend all the time needed to git gud.

I just approach this like playing dark souls, not gud enough? Then just start gitting gud.

Sometime your brain will just click and you'll be good, its like that for everything, man.

But yeah, art and digital painting has a fuckload of information to process and most of the time you don't know the order in which you should be tackling things, but at least its [spoiler]fun[/spoiler].

But yeah, as the other anon said, I don't think polishing turds is good for improvement, for quick improvement what you need is to draw shitloads, draw a lot, not just one thing.
>>
>>2800246

Nobody is going to see your failures, only you.

Learn from them. Compare your shit to the shit you got your shit from and notice the mistakes. That's why reference is important.

>Shieet, the neck is longer than her arm.
>Shieet, the eyes are all wrong.
>Shieet, this has non-existant muscles all over.

And remember not to make those mistakes again. Write them down.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.