[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wlop

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4531.jpg (238KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4531.jpg
238KB, 1095x730px
What does /ic/ think of wlop?

http://wlop.deviantart.com
>>
not polished enough, seems very unfinished
>>
>>2799731
slightly above ryky level garbage
every time i see his garbage drawings on dA i just get mildly irritated because it looks so fucking cheap and crappy.
>>
>>2799731
meh
>>
>>2799731
What's with the left hand? I hope he doesn't think this is supposed to be finished.
>>
>>2799788
why do you think everything an artist posts on the internet has to be finished?
>>
>>2799795
not him but it looks really amateurish to post unfinished work and be done with it
>>
>>2799731
I actually like it.
>>
he does have a pretty bad case of sameface if you look at a lot of his paintings
>>
>>279973 maybe I'm not as refined as you to perceive that many faults yet , but I kind of like the way his pictures look. What is the best way to learn this style of painting other than copying his works, do any good tutorials or trainings come to mind?
>>
>>2799731
Amazing composition. Rendering puts me off a bit though.
>>
>>2799731

same face
same lighting
feels like the same image over and over again
I don't mind unpolished art, but it's hard to look away when you notice the cheap default photoshop brushes he uses and the random textures everywhere...
>>
File: ghostblade_by_wlop-d7jiqua.jpg (2MB, 4400x2841px) Image search: [Google]
ghostblade_by_wlop-d7jiqua.jpg
2MB, 4400x2841px
I like his stuff, I like the unfinished look.
>>
If someone new came here and checked these comments, they would think /ic/ is full of legendary artists.

I noticed /ic got only 2 art levels, complete trash or Mullins-like.

I think Wlop art has lots of small problems if you zoom in, but the overall result is eye catching thanks to nice compositions and atmosphere.
>>
>>2799763
your jealousy level is over 9000. Post your work fgt
>>
>>2799877
>I noticed /ic got only 2 art levels, complete trash or Mullins-like.
Black and white logic is pretty perfect for edgy teens. And 90% of /ic/ are 18 yo. So nothing special. There is only shit art and old masters!
But anyway "What does /ic/ think of______?" are shitposting threads
>>
He makes 120k from his patreon alone to draw his comic
>>
>>2799886
what
>>
>>2799731
Is that a klan rally behind her?
>>
>>2799886
Do you have the link to his patreon?
I would like to see it by myself.
>>
>loomis, they said
>>
>>2800251
can't unsee
>>
>>2799886
>>2800248
Could have just google searched for it

https://www.patreon.com/wlop
>>
File: even-amundsen-31-birker.jpg (934KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
even-amundsen-31-birker.jpg
934KB, 1920x2716px
>>2799802
Not really. Plenty of professionals do that actually. In fact, seeing their unfinished work and quick sketches is more interesting to me than highly finished pieces because it gives you a glimpse into their work process.
>>
File: 1451189852708.jpg (7KB, 259x189px) Image search: [Google]
1451189852708.jpg
7KB, 259x189px
At this point I can't tell what's satire in this thread and what's not.
>>
>>2800402
Sure, if not all of his pieces were fucking unfinished. Whatever floats your boat anyway.
>>
oh look another fucking salty thread full of novices bitching about patreon artists killing it
>>
Perspective is better than average da because its there, but its not as micro as it could be.

Shes diagnal to the hl, meaning he doesnt have to do any perspectuve anatomy. Oldest trick in the book.
>>
>>2799877
This age old meme has questionable merit. There are 40-50 year fatasses that could shit on nfl players in fantasy football. In fact, some people whove never played football make six figures playing fantasy.

Being good at art is a good tell, but you can be a good art critic while being bad at art.
>>
>>2799731
I think he is cool.
>>
>>2799731
bargain bin Ruan Jai
>>
>>2800443
wtf this guy isn't within 10k miles of ruanjia....
>>
>>2799731
great values, colors, perspective and composition. other fundamentals like gesture and anatomy, not so much.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.