[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I am naturally talented (based on what teachers have told

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

If I am naturally talented (based on what teachers have told me) and I stopped doing any kind of art after GCSE (age 17, I don't know what the American equivalent of GCSE exams are) what would be a good way to ease myself back into learning/doing stuff and identifying what level I am at?
>>
>>2799721
a good way to identify what level you are at is to post your work
>>
You're at the bottom level, and as someone who did three art GCSE's I can tell you that they aren't a measurement of skill in the slightest.

Read the sticky, start drawing daily, post your work often for crits and tips.

Good luck and more importantly, work hard.
>>
>>2799728
Thanks, and I'm not measuring my skill based on how I performed in GCSE. I know I have raw talent because I have been told so by numerous people and also because I kind of just know innately.. hard to explain and I don't wanna sound full of myself but it's a strange case of it just clicking.

I would post some stuff I'd done but I unfortunately don't anything to show in my house. Also I'm sorry if this is a "READ THE STICKY" thing, I glanced over it and my first thought was that it seemed a bit trivial.
>>
>>2799721
>gcse
>17 years old
Isn't it A-level at 17?

Anyway it means nothing. Teachers at school want to tick boxes, not have you actually learn.
>>
>>2799734
>raw talent

post your work
>>
File: 17.png (2MB, 2200x1264px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
2MB, 2200x1264px
>>2799721
Post some work of yours, please.
>>
File: quasimodo.png (98KB, 338x327px) Image search: [Google]
quasimodo.png
98KB, 338x327px
>>2799819

here's some of my art
>>
Start first with learning about 1, 2 and 3 point perspective. That should help you learn about construction drawing good for characters and environments.
Practice everything that you have learnt by playing around with some boxes and other forms in perspective.
When you say you have "talent" what do you mean exactly? Drawing is several different skills working together depending on what type of drawing you are doing. Are you referring to observations drawing? Paint control? Imaginative drawing?
>>
>>2799840
is this OP or some troll? if it is OP I must say that all artist look like shit in the start, they only differ in how good they are at hiding their starting works. It will get better after the first year, its a life long process, and if you feel the need to explore art then you probably have some talent for it. You only need to work hard/hardish for 3 years or so and your mom will be all proud and shit. This really isn't comlex, just very time taking and needs alot of effort.
>>
>>2799840
Oh fuck no please god
>>
>>2799734
>don't have anything to show in the house
Draw something, then.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.