[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheats and Tricks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: C0oSDCkWgAEHU5Q.jpg (36KB, 735x357px) Image search: [Google]
C0oSDCkWgAEHU5Q.jpg
36KB, 735x357px
Not encouraging the easy-way out of things, but what are some "tricks" you've learned during your work and studies?
>>
>>2799441
>Not encouraging the easy-way out of things
what? the results matter.
>>
>>2799456
True! What I mean to say is it's still good to know how something is done in case the way you usually approach it doesn't suffice. Like I used the infamous "thunderbolt method" to draw arms for a long time (still do with gestures and thumbnails), and it's a nice way to quickly figure out where certain muscles and shapes are, but it's helped legitimately learning the structures of an arm too.
>>
>>2799441
hahaha.
>90°ish
>somewhat
all my fucking sides.
this "trick" is literally useless.
>>
>>2799441
Thats not cheating, just really clever. Cheating would be for example tracing.
>>
>>2799487
>really clever
no, it's not. are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>2799473
wtf is the thunderbolt method
>>
>>2799496
It's a sycra method. Might want to avoid it.
>>
>>2799484
>>2799488
Disprove the 90° trick smartass.

Pro-tip: You can't.
>>
>>2799487
>>2799544
The humerus is two craniums long, the ulna only 1.5.
OP's pic has fucked up proportions and so do you.
>>
File: lol.jpg (195KB, 848x387px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
195KB, 848x387px
>>2799544
ffs that's not how perspective works. do these look like 90 degree angles to you?
>>
File: deded.jpg (96KB, 349x325px) Image search: [Google]
deded.jpg
96KB, 349x325px
>>2799441
my only trick is to not listen to any drawing advice which comes with complete shit drawings
>>
>>2799441
that isnt a cheat or a trick... thats just measuring space i do that in my head.
>>
>>2799574
Actually yeah, they look like 90 degree angles drawn in perspective.
>>
>>2799441

Ulna and radius are out of proportion in that picture.
>>
>>2799602
Yes but on a 2d image the actual angle isnt 90 degrees. OP's "cheat" doesnt explain that you need to rotate it in space, just that slapping on a right angle regardless of perspective will give you the correct elbow position.
>>
>>2799441
Wrong. That's only applicable to that horizon height.

Why not just draw a straight line until you reach the vanishin pont? Assuming the forearm length is almost same as the head size.
>>
>>2799544

Also what if the hands extend far away from the body? If you draw the elbows at a 90 percent angle at that point, you get freakishly long arms.

This is is a good trick, but situational.
>>
Whew buddy, forgot you guys obsessive over one thing instead or try to blow your own horns instead of... staying on topic. Should I have just asked you to share your structural epiphanies or some shit?
>>
>>2799648
Why dont you lead by example and share more of your cheats and tricks then
>>
>>2799441
No rules, just tools.

So many tools...
>>
>>2799672

And they all post here.
>>
>>2799441
That's actually a useful tip, works for legs too. All these idiots sperging out about this tip not helping them understand the depth of the elbow have probably never thought about form before and need to go back to the basics.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.