[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>draw someone in a highly stylized manner >only IRL critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 16733828348.jpg (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
16733828348.jpg
121KB, 600x600px
>draw someone in a highly stylized manner
>only IRL critique ever is "doesn't look like them"
>usually followed by inane comments like "their eyes aren't that big"

IF I WANTED A PHOTO I WOULD HAVE TAKEN A PHOTO

Drawing frustrations thread.
>>
if it was a decent interpretation of the person then they wouldn't complain

happy new years and git gud
>>
>>2799420
I always suspect that's the case, so I test it by showing them other, far better artists' interpretations of celebrities, done in a similar style, and the exact same thing happens every time. These people just can't wrap their heads around anything that's not a 1:1 true to life representation.
>>
>>2799430
post some examples
>>
File: style.png (527KB, 800x1070px) Image search: [Google]
style.png
527KB, 800x1070px
>>2799442
I'm not comfortable posting images of people I know on here, but I've done illustrations in the styles of Daniel Nyari and Stanley Chow, and when I showed their work to the people commenting on mine, they got the same "looks nothing like them" reactions. Pic related Daniel's interpretation of JJ Abrams and Stanley's interpretation of David Lynch, which got the same negative comments as my work.

https://dribbble.com/danielnyari
http://www.stanleychowillustration.com/
>>
>>2799465
The David Lynch certainly doesn't. Don't get mad. Get better.
>>
>>2799414
let us red pill you anon. post your work. in the worst case scenario we'll have some good laughs.
>>
>>2799465
Well those definitely aren't much good as far as likenesses go, so you'll just have to accept that if you wanna keep doing illustrations in the same manner.
>>
>>2799465
I can tell it's JJ Abrams in the first one, but the second one absolutely doesn't look like David Lynch.
>>
File: nic-cage1.jpg (43KB, 420x576px) Image search: [Google]
nic-cage1.jpg
43KB, 420x576px
>>2799414
If you don't capture the likeness of someone then of course it's not going to look like them, stylized or not. Go too basic, and you lose the unique features of someone that tells you who they are. It's like plugging your nose and trying to differentiate between an apple and an onion.

>>2799465
That Lynch looks terrible from a likeness standpoint. If I covered up the RL picture of him you wouldn't even be able to tell.

Other anon is right, don't get mad, git gud.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.