[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Commissions For However Long I Keep This Up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

File: R10tsh13ld.jpg (161KB, 908x618px) Image search: [Google]
R10tsh13ld.jpg
161KB, 908x618px
Hey, /ic/. I've been struggling alot with creative blocks, mostly just not being very interested in the subjects I usually draw, but I definitely need to improve if I want to achieve the goals I have for this year and further down the line. I've been toying with the idea of doing this for a while now, but the f-word is so frowned upon in most trades, especially the creative ones and I felt like I'd be cheating myself for doing it. But, desperate times call for desperate measures.

What I won't do:
-bestiality/furry
-yaoi/trap
-loli/shota
-rape

I (try to) draw in a more realistic style, so don't expect anything anime/cartoonish in nature.

I would like ideally to do a lot of digital colored stuff, but if life interferes (as it probably will), some stuff may come down to being pencil, in which case I'll have to take a photo since I don't have my scanner (it's in a storage locker somewhere else).

Attached is a recent painting I did. Sorry about the sloppiness and the photobashing, I didn't plan it out much.
>>
>>2799328
We-s don't take kindly t'(you)'s
Scram.
>>
>>2799328
Cute twin tailed nip please
>>
>>2799333
Well why's that breh?

>>2799343
Kindly explain to me wtf that is.
>>
>>2799347
It's cause I don't take you seriously.
>>
>>2799328
>>2799347
I could use a little help from an artistic/creative help person if you don't mind.
>>
>>2799349
Well, I can think of more creative ways to spend time than making shitty attempts at trolling someone I don't take seriously, but to each his own dude.
>>
>>2799352

Sure, what's up?
>>
>>2799357
So, long story short I'm a dad, my kids and I play nerf wars.

I decided to customize and paint my weapons, and I'm starting with this handgun. (See pic)

The cylinder flutes (spinning part) I already have taped and black primer on it. I'm going to put black matte paint on it, then seal it.

here's what I need. I was originally going to color the whole thing flat matte black but while it would look nice, I decided suddenly other colors would be cool.

So I need a creative person's help. Other cans I have onhand are Glossy Black, and glossy bright yellow.

If you have a good idea for another color though, I'll probably go out tomorrow and get it.

I just want it to look nice and a little operator. As you can see from the picture the guns already have some physical design so if you could suggest what colors where, and I can post pictures if you care.
>>
>>2799360

First, it's really cool that you do this with your kids lol. Pet point out of the way.

Second, making the overall color black does seem like a good idea, maybe with some accents of red on the hammer and on those ridges on the top. My question is, with the mock bandage/wooden grip thing going on, spraypainting it black would take away the aesthetic. Is that something you wouldn't mind doing away with or do you want to preserve that?
>>
>>2799366
The Hammer, Trigger, and the very front of the cylinder flutes (there's a line near the end of them as they end and round up) will all stay safety orange just in case.

Red on the ridge (Are you talking about the accessory rail on top?) sounds good. The handle I'm covering with epoxy putty then sanding down to turn the cheesy molded wrap into a plain handle that's more comfortable and less hideous.
>>
>>2799370

Yeah, the accessory rail I meant.

If you're gonna do that to the handle, I would suggest having a red stripe running down the front and back of it. You can't really add too much without making it look like a clusterfuck with the orange still there.
>>
>>2799376
This is the original picture I was starting from.

You're saying this with a red stripe where + red accessory rail?
>>
File: nerfbuff.jpg (201KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
nerfbuff.jpg
201KB, 1024x554px
I mean like this.

>>2799343

Ok, urbandictionary is my friend. I'm assuming you meant a cute japanese girl. If so, I'm working on it. I know where we are, but easy on the derogatory terms from now on people.
>>
>>2799387
That picture is exactly what I was looking for, and a very swag look as well, thanks!

Have time to give input on a few others?

I have one I've bought and am painting for a poor kid who plays with us, and I have one that's my primary.
>>
>>2799394

Excellent! I've got some time, so go for it.
>>
File: HiResSledgeFire[1].png (363KB, 879x374px) Image search: [Google]
HiResSledgeFire[1].png
363KB, 879x374px
>>2799395
Here's the shotgun I got for the kid, I'll post another in a min with a picture of mine.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>2799396
For that shotgun, if you look close at the end of the barrel (orange part) the center rounded part says Sledgefire, I was going to leave that part (but paint over all the other orange), as well as the trigger and hammer once more.

Here's my gun.

Currently it's got a different setup. More set up like an SMG. But whatever color setup I go with I want to carry it across all the accessories so I can just switch them out and retain the aesthetic.
>>
>>2799394
I recommend you google the book called Foamsmith aswell. it's a book made by punished props. Excellent dude. Been working for bethesda on skyrim cosplay stuff etc.
Exactly what you need to up your game!
>>
File: stockbuff.jpg (213KB, 879x624px) Image search: [Google]
stockbuff.jpg
213KB, 879x624px
>>2799401

Okay, the shotgun was a challenge what with all the activity on it, so I had to go easy on the design elements. I actually have to go out for a bit, so I'll work on yours when I come back.
>>
File: IMG_20170101_095343-1.jpg (229KB, 657x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170101_095343-1.jpg
229KB, 657x1050px
Just so people know I am actually serious, here's an update on the twintails.

I had to take time out and learn how to draw asian girls. Still needs tweaking, but I do wanna paint this. The other gun's on the way.
>>
A better way to improve and learn realism is to save off a bunch of references and draw what you see. Waiting for other people to tell you what to do doesn't go over so well.

I recommend creating a schedule of things to study (color, environments, anatomy, faces, etc) and grinding it out. Take one day to set up by saving a bunch of images to folders or getting art books and mindlessly grind for a few weeks. Doesn't require any creativity so you don't need to worry about a creative block, and you'll learn more from it than you would by asking people for random ideas (protip: everyones going to give you shit ideas that won't help you at all).
>>
File: modulusbuff-1.jpg (112KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
modulusbuff-1.jpg
112KB, 1152x648px
Here's the second one. I don't know if you wanted to keep the black and red on all though.
>>
>>2799514

Your advice is absolutely valid. There's a reason I haven't done things that way for some time though:

1. I'm not engaged in what I'm actually studying that way. I don't give any actual fucks about trees, cats, or even clothes when it comes to drawing. If I'm disinterested, it gets tedious, and ultimately I don't retain any of the information. Art is supposed to be fun. If I'm not having fun, I'm doing something wrong. That's been my philosophy and I'm sticking with it.

2. With that being said, once I get some ground in terms of competency, I'll probably fuck off somewhere else.
>>
>>2799521
And you're going to be engaged if someone asks you to draw trees, cats or clothes? The other person only serves to give you specifics, it's no different than going through a folder of images. Unless you're saying what motivates you is the validation of doing it for others?

I'm not trying to get rid of you, OP. I'm honestly trying to help you. I did what you're doing here when I was younger -- ask people for ideas that I would just grind out. And I was severally disappointed with how the event turned out. Not only do you learn minimally from it and be given barely anything to work with, but people will not give you ideas you are interested in, so it's really no different than drawing what you see, in terms of engagement.

A schedule can also be fun. I don't know why you're associating it with drudgery. You're the one choosing your material after all. You pick what you like and grind out what you love in order to understand it. It's a good sort of monotony, not a bad kind.
>>
>>And you're going to be engaged if someone asks you to draw trees, cats or clothes?

Actually, yeah lol. It's kinda strange. It's less about what I draw for someone than me wondering about what's going on in that person's head. If they ask for something weird, or remarkably lame, I tend to get lost in pondering someone's psyche. I don't get that drawing for myself unless I've been surrounded by friends all day and I need to exorcise the white noise in my head. Otherwise, there's not much mystery drawing for myself--I know what this character's about, I have an idea of their origin, and what about them appeals to me. I'm not a mystery to myself. I have a strange amount of fun doing commissions for that reason--even if it's lame, between the problem-solving and just contemplating the person, it keeps my brain occupied.

>>You're the one choosing your material after all. You pick what you like and grind out what you love in order to understand it

Yeah, there are subjects and genres I generally like to see in artwork. But, beyond the technical skill, I seldom fall in love with a piece. There's only so much you can put into two dimensions to reflect on without having some degree of source material both you and your audience are familiar with.
>>
>>2799515
>>2799415
I passed out for a while, thank you for the designs!
>>
>>2799553

No problem buddy!
>>
File: kawaii_stdy.jpg (69KB, 861x627px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii_stdy.jpg
69KB, 861x627px
Well, this is probably my last post. In working on the only commission I got here, I ran into all of my limitations. The positive side is, I learned a lot out of it, and also found something in the one request that really inspires me. I guess all I really needed was an anonymous ideation.

Well, I'm off to do some studies. Here's as far as I got with that one so far (I will finish it, but it may take a while so I'm not going to let this thread linger here)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.