[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My League of Legend Elise Artwork

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: EliseFanArt_Lah.png (3MB, 1900x1800px) Image search: [Google]
EliseFanArt_Lah.png
3MB, 1900x1800px
all criticism and bashing welcome, i'm looking to improve
>>
>>2798618
Not your personal army.
>>
>>2798618
Why didn't you post this in the Beginner Thread
>>
>>2798649
It is clearly not his.
>>
File: image_elise.jpg (322KB, 1900x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image_elise.jpg
322KB, 1900x1800px
>>2798618
Hi Anon!

I think you did a good job, there's mood in the picture and night settings are hard to deal with in the first place.

There's a lot of room for general improvement, but I think there are three things that are more glaring than the rest. These things are 1) values and composition, which tie into 2) quality of the drawing, and then 3) rendering of materials and line quality.

As for 1) there's a highlight on the face and shoulder which is good but otherwise the values are really muddled as shown in pic related

2) it's a complicated character design in a complex pose so using reference would've helped. Detail won't save a botched drawing so you're better off spending considerably more time making sure the basic drawing is sound before laying down the colors.

I don't know what process you followed to draw this, but either way there are mistakes in the drawing stage that will prevent you from achieving good results. Paintings can only get as good as the drawing underneath.

3) all materials in the picture are rendered the same way, which isn't good. Read the book How to Render by Scott Robertson.

>>2798652
That would be a bummer since I took the time to write this. Are you sure Anon?
>>
File: colormaybe.jpg (389KB, 1920x1807px) Image search: [Google]
colormaybe.jpg
389KB, 1920x1807px
>>2798618
Add a little bit of color maybe?
>>
>>2798659

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'll look into Scott Robertson. (;

>>2798652
It is 100% mine
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.