[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visualizing your art while dreaming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

So, I get lucid dreams quite often and last night was the first time when I tried to visualize drawings ideas while asleep. I could imagine what I wanted to draw very sharply, like looking a picture. This made me kinda angry because drawing from imagination is extremely hard for me.

Does anyone else have similar experiences?
>>
>>2798454
thats why you practice drawing to be able to draw from imagination, now delete this pointless thread and get good
>>
>>2798454
Hey lucid dreamer bro, just how realistic are your lucid dreams? Just curious
>>
>>2798476

Well it varies. Sometimes I do have ultra realistic lucid dreams that feel no different from being awoke. It's quite rare tho. First time when I had such a dream I found myself in this ultra realistic metallic labyrinth. It was quite eerie.
>>
>>2798463

I am not discussing about how to get better at drawing from imagination. I were just wondering if other people have experienced/created art related things while dreaming.
>>
>>2798524
I have, now go away.
>>
Why would you draw in your dreams? I can understand the people that say they compose music in their dreams but how do you even recreate what you drew? That's like drawing a masterwork from memory. You are wasting your dream time.
>>
>>2798454
Yeah, I have lucid dreams too.

When I get bored of chasing and fucking little girls I sometimes come up with ideas for plots and stories. It is way easier to record than drawings.

I came up with a super great idea for sketching, and it looked extremely sharp, but was not until awake that I just realized how shitty it actually was.

I had pretty fucked up dreams as a kid, and I want to paint something one day. I.E your grandmother detaching her fingers and swapping them between her friends on a table.
>>
>>2798454
Actually what you're experiencing is easily explained. When you're dreaming you're not using any of your logical skills you use in real life, your brain makes you think everything you see is perfectly normal and correct. From faces you see in your dream to object and places, they are most likely wrong and incomplete but you can't see the difference.
>>
I fucked Cate Blanchett once
>>
>>2798534
>your grandmother detaching her fingers and swapping them between her friends on a table.

What the fuck.
>>
>>2798588
patrician af

you're gonna make it
>>
>>2798534
I cant ever fuck someone in a luciid dream
the dream always ends
why is that?
>>
>>2798454
Try to play chess with just your imagination.
Like the old chessmasters playing without board.
>>
The trick to getting lucid dreams is to picture yourself climbing a rope and looking up at something bright and shiny (you picture it), at least for me. Make sure you sleep on your stomach or you'll meet Mister shadow man.
>>
>>2799579
You probably have some mental hangups about it. I get close to the act with random celebrities/people I have small crushes on irl but can never actually go through with it because I'm a faithful goody two shoes even in my dreams.
>>
>>2799579
Sometimes it's your subconscious self getting over it. You have to convince yourself that it's just a dream. There is no spoon.

With enough practice I have managed to get through walls, fly and freeze time. Just say it: There is no spoon.

Oh, yeah. Today I bent a spoon.

Happy new year and happy dreams.
>>
>>2799599
I see
I'll try that when ill have one
its really hard to for me to manage to have one
and sustain it for enough time, plus the lucidity, is also a hard thing for me
>>
File: The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg (50KB, 368x271px) Image search: [Google]
The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg
50KB, 368x271px
>>2798454
Here is a good technique.
Have a sketch pad right next to your bed.
when you first wake, don't open both eyes, keep 1 eye closed while you reach for the sketchpad.
draw down and take visual notes of everything you can remember about the images you just dreamed about.
If you wake up and don't do it right away even after 10 min you forget.
Try to keep 1 eye closed while you use the other for referencing the photo.
Do that exercise in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain where you draw without looking at the page.
It works and helps to remember what you visualized.
>>
>>2799588
That's actually a technique for achieving OBEs and AP.
>>
>>2798534
Did you use any technique, or anything that helped you achieve lucid dreams? I remember last time being conscious while asleep a year ago and i really dig the idea, but i cant pull it off nowadays
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.