/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/7w3nXOoHWEw Holy fuck. This guy made the fatal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-12-31-00-54-00-1.png (640KB, 1179x793px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-31-00-54-00-1.png
640KB, 1179x793px
https://youtu.be/7w3nXOoHWEw

Holy fuck. This guy made the fatal mistake of thinking popularity>being gud.

Look all the people congratulating him in the comments.
>>
>>2798228
Something something rules
>>
>>2798228
Holy fuck. This guy made the fatal mistake of thinking shitposting about people with more followers on jewtube>gitting gud.

Look all the making it he will not do.
>>
>>2798228
LOL so salty over someone enjoying art, bravo.
>>
Skimming the video the guy's error is
>generic dude standing there
>no likes!
>relatable scene
>lots of likes!
>must be the style
>>
>>2798230
I'm not singling him out for the purpose of trolling.

>>2798234
Art isn't about enjoyment. It's about employment.

>>2798232
I'm already gud and have thousands of followers.
>>
>>2798237
>Art isn't about enjoyment. It's about employment.

hypnopaedia teach you that one?
>>
>>2798244
Good book but no.
>>
>>2798228
"Boohoo no one pays attention to me, I better start drawing shit tier art to cater to the normies, that way someone will finally stroke my ego!"

Let this video be a lesson of what not to do.
>>
>>2798237
Post your work.
>>
File: 1438837852220.jpg (183KB, 776x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1438837852220.jpg
183KB, 776x1119px
>>2798253
>>
File: 1482560840233.jpg (12KB, 552x310px) Image search: [Google]
1482560840233.jpg
12KB, 552x310px
>>2798255
chromatic aberration makes everything better.
>>
File: 1482959694587.jpg (17KB, 455x406px) Image search: [Google]
1482959694587.jpg
17KB, 455x406px
>>2798253
from imagination
>>
This >>2798236 , if anything he might have visited /ic/ in the past - do non stop "studies", but don't draw anything carrying any sort of relatable narrative or emotion.
>>
>>2798248
>>2798228

His normie art has a bit of charm, is popular, and makes him happy.

His old style looked generic and he'd have had a long way to go to reach a level where his art would stand out amongst an already over crowded field of concept artists. He was probably never going to make it.
>>
>>2798248
If that's what you take away from the video than you are a fucking moron. He's completely right about what he is saying. Having an artistic voice and vision is infinitely more important than technical skill without having anything to say with it. The fact that you get this mad at this video proves you are exactly that type of artist. You know you have absolutely nothing to say with your art and you try to distract yourself from that fact by doing lots of pointless studies to work towards the vague goal of "getting gud".
>>
>>2798237
>Art isn't about enjoyment. It's about employment.

The funny thing is that idiots like you don't even realize that he DID become more employable since changing his approach to art, just not in the oversaturated video game concept art field which you seem to think is the only industry artists can work in.

In fact, he's on his way to having something even better, SELF EMPLOYMENT. When you no longer need to look for clients, but you can support yourself through your own fanbase which supports the things you do because they enjoy your art.
>>
>>2798228

When it comes to progressing skills: No tools, only rules

When it comes to building a consumer base: No flash, only cash

To build popularity, you have to chase it. It's just the way things are.
>>
>>2798228
So his artyle was tumblr noodleshit all along?
Good for him I guess.
>>
>>2798306
Kek. His style DOES NOT lend itself to freelance work. You have to illustrate other people's vision if you want to thrive. He might get a poverty level income from patreon but certainly no more.
>>
>>2798228
>no artistic vision
>still no artistic vision
>>
>>2798343

Actually I could see him doing some children's books.
>>
>>2798343
lends itself to t-shirt prints, children books, certain types of magazine illustrations, cartooning etc. Fantasy card illustrations and video games aren't the only industries.

>He might get a poverty level income from patreon but certainly no more.
How would you know? By now there are plenty of artists on patreon with "inferior" art styles making way more money than top tier illustrators and concept artists.
>>
The best you can do is make art you're happy with making and hopefully someone will pay you to make it.

That's all there really is.

On a idealistic, professional approach, there should be an endless pursuit of perfection, but in reality as long as what you're doing suits your needs you're good to go.

People will pay for things they like. They don't pay for technical skill. Most customers couldn't be bothered to care at all. They just want a piece of something they like.
>>
>>2798228
The hell are we still talking about this guy?

He drew generic concept art now he draws generic cartoons. The guy just drew for his job now draws for people on the internet, notice how it's not for himself. People with that mindset just crank out boring generic work.
>>
>>2798527
>The guy just drew for his job now draws for people on the internet, notice how it's not for himself.

That's not what he's saying though, you are just assuming that.
>>
>>2798228
>panders to normalfags and draws fanart and the lowest drivel out there
>talks about finding your art style when he doesn't have his own
Holy shit. kek this shit is gold
>>
>>2798544
You are assuming that he's telling the truth. He probably made the video to get more money from his fans. See how well made it is? Dude cares more about money than his art.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.