[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itt: Help a new artist.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Lemongrab.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Lemongrab.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
I got a wacom ciniq for Christmas. What's a good drawing program to start with? Also give some other advice.
pic unrelated
>>
>>2798004
timestamp or it didn't happen
>>
>>2798010
What? Why Do you need to see it?
>>
please use the beginner thread
>>
>>2798014
Sorry pal. No timestamp, no tips. Be glad you don't have to show your tits here on /ic/
>>
File: here's your timestamp.png (510KB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
here's your timestamp.png
510KB, 1824x1026px
>>2798022
jeez you're persistant
>>
>>2798030
Nice try, 4chan doesn't have ads.
>>
Krita or Clip Studio Paint.

Then try drawing circles.
>>
>>2798032
something tells me that no matter what I do, you wont help.
>>
>>2798030
>it's VAR_CURRENT_YEAR
>not blocking ads
Sorry OP, you need to sell your Cintiq and get a easy-bake oven instead.
>>
>>2798035
If you post pics of your cintiq I'll help direct you to the sticky.
>>
Enjoy your meme tablet rich boy, unlike these juicy websites and your $1000 tablet advancing in art isn't going to just be handed to you, so be prepared to actually work if you want to get anywhere.

www.krita.org
www.ctrlpaint.com
>>
>>2798041
He won't. If you're just now starting art and you have a fucking Cintiq your frustration rates will be higher and art gains will be slower compared to someone who started on pencil/paper.

It will literally be more efficient to sell it and buy a sketchbook but he'll feel like he'd need to get his value out of such an expensive piece of equipment. I'd do the same thing in his situation realistically.
>>
File: IMG_4154.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4154.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2798037
Why would I need to do that? the adds don't bother me.
>>2798038
I Still don't understand why I gotta give you a pic or what "the sticky" is but here you go.
>>
I wanted pics because you know it's a 13 inch little babby model.
>>
>>2798054
I could have just told you that.
>>
File: large.jpg (81KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
81KB, 500x282px
>>2798004
Hell YEAH! Welcome to the club. cintiqs are the BEST(big or small). Honestly any program would work great. I would recommend krita unless you can get your hands on a pirated photoshop.
>>
well because i'm hearing good things about krita I guess I'll start with that
>>
File: 1472221490667.png (6KB, 477x284px) Image search: [Google]
1472221490667.png
6KB, 477x284px
>>2798052
The sticky is the post on the top of this board you pleb. It has tons of resources to help a newfriend such as yourself. Now stop making your own thread for stupid shit.
>>
>>2798052
Since you can't even bother reading the very first thing you see when you get to this board, my advice would be to give up now before you get frustrated. If you are incapable of effort, it might be better to switch to a low-skill hobby. Try coloring books, maybe. Trade your Cintiq for an iPad and buy Pigment.

>>2798063
>$1000 tablet
>pirates $10/month software
>>
>>2798069
>Trade your Cintiq for an iPad and buy Pigment.
LOL!!!!!!!!!

girlslaughing,jpg
>>
>>2798004
Hej Anon.
A bit concernded as you said you're a new artist
and you bought a cintiq. It's just a large sum of krona for some one starting out.

Either way to answer your question I'd suggest photoshop/illustrator or maybe krita as >>2798063 suggested.

Either way good luck on your journey as an artist
>>
>>2798022
Time stamp of the fucking tablet you idiot
>>
>>2798004
honestly fuck all the people who say you don't need a cintiq when you're just starting out. they're what you'd use in a studio setting and if you're serious about it it'll be beneficial to you in the long run as well as cost effective. either way it's your fucking money and people need to step off and stop trying to tell people how to live their lives just because they're too poor to get one themselves
>>
>>2798004
Wacom makes good hardware. I've been using a 21UX cintiq for the last 4 or 5 years, never had an issue. Anyone telling you otherwise is trolling.

Sticky probably has all the information you need: >>1579290

There's also the beginner thread for any questions you have after that: >>2797731

>good drawing program

Photoshop is the industry standard program for nearly all drawing/illustration related professions. While it's not the only good program, it does have the most resources (video tutorials, guides, etc.).

>other advice

Practice alone isn't good enough to improve, you have to practice INTELLIGENTLY. That means tackling all the different concepts involved in art, do lots and lots of studies, always focused on actually understanding what you're seeing and doing, not just reproducing. Challenge yourself and never allow yourself to fall into a comfort zone.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.