[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ergonomics general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (198KB, 1200x711px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
198KB, 1200x711px
I've recently been getting this stinging/soreness pricking feeling in my elbow and it's gotten to the point where it's become distracting from work. Pic related is how my elbows rest on my armrest. I've been playing PC games for 7-8 years now and the height of my armrest to my desk has stayed the same so it's come as surprise to me. Is something catching up to me? I don't rest my weight on my elbow either. It just sits there. THe most pressure I put on it is drawing from the elbow for long strokes (which takes a second at the most). Anyone got a fix for this?
>>
Your forearms are supposed to be parallel to the floor and at a 90 degree angle to your upper arm.

>no ligameme
Why even bother, anon?
>>
>>2797963
loomis
>>
>>2797968

Yeah, that arm posture looks absolutely abysmal OP.
>>
>>2797963
sounds like tennis elbow (tendonitis) imo, have you been gripping your pen too hard or drawing too much without breaks?
>>
File: Untitled324.png (28KB, 1172x801px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled324.png
28KB, 1172x801px
>>2797963
If I were you I'd make more space for elbow room on your desk it would be more comfortable.

Pic related is how I'm drawing right now I think I discovered the most comfy position ever
>>
>>2797968
gotchaman

>>2798118
nope, to both. I mean it only hurts me when I'm rolling my elbow around on my armrest. I feel nothing the rest of the day

>>2798122
i'll try one day to rest my elbow on the table instead. but to be quite honest my family man that looks really uncomfortable
>>
>>2798122

Lol, you lazy fat piece of shit
>>
>>2798173
stfu i was cold
>>
You might have repetitive stress epicondylitis like I do.

A good way to test for it is to try compressing the outside of your arm, near the elbow. Pic related. You can just use your hand and press with your four fingers.

Hold that there for a few minutes, at least three, and see if it feels better. If it does, you probably have epicondylitis, and can use a tennis elbow compression band to ease pain.

It maybe also be a nerve issue, considering that it's tinging. If the compression thing doesn't help, see a doctor to try to pinpoint the source.

You should also get a drafting table and make sure you have a chair that provides good support.

Having a drafting table was the difference between having my elbow hurt after 30 minutes, versus having it start to hurt after four continuous hours.

I was told to wear my brace "as much as tolerated", so I still do that. But the table made a huge difference.

I recommend this table: https://www.amazon.com/Safco-Products-3965MO-Drafting-Height-Adjustable/dp/B003L20P2M/

It converts into a desk when you need it and has been perfect for both my art and my vidya. It's also on sale 90% of the time.
>>
File: epicondylitis.png (63KB, 1091x800px) Image search: [Google]
epicondylitis.png
63KB, 1091x800px
>>2798208
Shit, forgot pic.
>>
I found that moving my tablet to my lap (with it rubber banded to a book for stability/height, and a rolled up towel under it for incline) helped a lot. Your armrests need to also be at a comfortable height though for this to work.
>>
>>2798140
>rolling my elbow around on my armrest

there is your problem. Your arm should be in air.
>>
>>2797963

My hand hurts just looking at that; Relax your grip for fuck sake, it's a pen, not a dick.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.