[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Chinese talent being wasted on f2p mobile games?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: GJ-016.jpg (112KB, 552x350px) Image search: [Google]
GJ-016.jpg
112KB, 552x350px
Why is that that the talent of the amazing render monkey artists are wasted on f2p games that no one will ever play and will likely shut down after like a month?

Perhaps if they were to apply their talents to the entertainment industry in America we get designs like https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/36/b3/bc/36b3bc231f5e83948a76e924d382ee9d.jpg

rather then the simplistic shit like http://conceptreel.com/uploads/GKMQj2T3_D__1280x794.jpg that is churned out by the likes of Pixar(chances are, many of the artists at pixar are likely SJWs who graduated from Calarts and probably thinks studying the old masters is an example of the patriarachy controlling the world)
>>
lmao OP.............. the people that graduate from calarts draw like that because they're working in animation, the chinese art you linked are probably from people working in concept art/illustration that's one of the shittiest comparisons i've seen
>>
>>2795964
it's probably b8. Just sage and ignore.
>>
>>2795958
The artists who work at the big western animation studios tend to have some of the strongest fundamentals and all-round skillsets of artists in the entertainment industry. What you posted is an upscaled color key comparing it to a finished illustration, so either you are trolling or you are flat out retarded.
>>
>>2795958
Chinese are so fucking gaudy in taste. They're like blacks and Persians. Shit tier taste.
>>
>>2796061
Maybe in the past they were but not anymore especially with the advent of 3d
>>
>>2796314
Post your work
>>
>>2795958
All sorts of gooks have absolutely awful taste. Their culture is kitsch, they are unable to create anything new. There is reason there are no good games or great artists from anywhere that isn't Europe or europa descendants.
>>
>>2796436
Well, you've proven yourself to be more stupid than OP,

I guess Kojima, Capcom, Sega and Nintendo are nonexistent in your little poltard universe
>>
File: ew.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>2796436
I bet you're lovely at parties. Is this you?
>>
>>2796330
>not anymore especially with the advent of 3d

What does that have to do with anything? 3D has been a thing for over a decade in the animation industry. That doesn't magically remove the need for skilled artists. You sound genuinely dumb and like you have no clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>2796460
He's half right, he just forgot to include Japan, which accounts for 99% of all noteworthy accomplishments within the asian entertainment industry.
>>
>>2796460
>>2796500
not him but keep being delusional. Asians are shit tier when it comes to imagination.
>>
File: 1404036664435.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404036664435.png
307KB, 500x500px
>>2796510
they're better than the west though
>>
>>2796436
That's only correct for chinks due to communism and their copy/paste mentality. I'm not a fan of the type of pic related or OP art that chinks produce cause all of them draw this shit and it's so... gaudy.

Gooks are pretty creative with strong fundamentals, nips even more so.
>>
>>2796510
because the constant animated sjw shit that hollywood keeps churning out is sooooooooooooooo imaginative
>>
>>2796502
and you don't need to draw well if you want to do 3d; it is helpful but there are many artists who can do decent 3d work(sculpting, animation etc) but can't draw for shit
>>
>>2796502
also, your SFM animated pony videos that you seem to like to make does not count as real animation either you are deluding yourself

realize that pony animation is not a career choice
>>
>>2796502
post your work btw also is that you saprissa9?
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/324935-Selling-books
>>
>>2795958
asian try-hard digital artists
>its an advertisement for the new mmorpg app: adware online
>looks like adblock forgot this one
>*block an ad on this page*
>"why isn't it working"

american try-hard digital artists
>he likes call of duty
>he likes halo
>he likes metal gear
>he likes world of warcraft
>he really wants to look like a tradfag
>he really wants to be ruan jia
>she really wants to be ilya/loish/sakimichan/pixar/disney

european try-hard digital artists
>muh knights honor
>muh bearded dwarves
>muh two steps from hell
>muh historical accuracy
>>
ITT: idiots who don't know how the production pipeline works

>>2796061
>upscaled color key comparing it to a finished illustration
this guy gets it
>>
File: kimjunggeez.jpg (268KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
kimjunggeez.jpg
268KB, 1024x729px
>>2796436
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>2796532
>>2796517
I am not talking about garbage shit for plebs.
>>
>>2796510
Burgers are shit tier when it comes to imagination. And their cartoons are trash garbage
>>
>>2795958
>Why do f2p game publishers provide paid work for talented Chinese artists?
>>
>>2795958
do i want nonsense unrealistic asian filigree in my entertainment? not really.
>>
>>2796314
omg this x100. had to work in china for a while. the more i travel the more rascist and the more i'm convinced the west is the best
>>
>>2795958
Your work won't matter if the art director said 'no', keep it in mind. Most artists never release their best due to consisntency and time-critical releases and deadlines.

>Why is that that the talent of the amazing render monkey artists are wasted on f2p games that no one will ever play and will likely shut down after like a month?

Do you even know about those anonymous company scams? China is big in f2p p2w mobile and PC games and considering the fact that those are gateways to botnets that fuck up the internet (zombie/DDoS),
those companies hire people and encourage them to send their work online and be paid in paypal but the problem is the company will burst out like a bubble and next thing you'll know the game is released in Google Playstore in a different company.

Perfect strategy, it's like magic.
>hire concept artists, very high requirements
>hire freelance devs
>game is very fast and optimized because written C and C++
>some private git or any code collaboration shit, no office needed
>say that you'll pay them in paypal or buttcoin whatevs
>hire popular chinese voice actors and pay in cash
>???
>see the game released with ads and backdoors, your employer will never give you your royalties (devfag and artfag).
>game either flops or makes it big, it won't matter even if it flops because you only paid for VAs
>if the game makes it big then sell licenses to other countries, assuming they have the master code they only need to change the 'res' (translate and hire VAs)

Beware of chinese game dev company.
>>
>>2797008
Also add to that when the company actually made it big they'll hire a different artist to create more characters and concepts which is why those chinkgames are very inconsistent!
>>
>>2797008
>working for third world shitters
there's a reason they are called developing countries
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.