/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential Chrisis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I'm confused /ic/.

What does it mean to create good art ?
>>
>>2795873
You will only ever live your life.
The only point of view you will ever really see, the only reality that is ever really "real", is yours.
Everything means what you want it to mean, nothing more.
>>
>>2795885
And what about money?
>>
Art that is technically proficient, adheres to anatomy, light, color, perspective, and is also a unique vision, resonates with people emotionally, etc. I think that is what makes art great.
>>
>>2795902
nah i disagree. you don't need to adhere to reality to make good art, just enough to keep it consistent (e.g keith haring).

it depends on your definition of good, but i think good art, at the core, is about deeply connecting/sharing certain emotions and perspectives with other people that otherwise can't be expressed through more practical means of communication.
>>
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>2795901
What does money have to do with making good art?
>>
>>2795971
I hope you're just acting stupid.
>>
>>2795873
Like some others have said, "good" art is what you want it to be. If you're making something you're happy with. Something that tells the story you want to tell, or perfects the design you want to create etc, it's good.

If you're not happy with your art you have to ask yourself why and really think about an answer to that question. Usually the answer is "I'm not fully realizing on paper what I see in my head" and that just takes more practice and dedication to achieve.
>>
>>2795873
Good art is make no art.
>>
>>2795873
>>What does it mean to create good art ?
Nothing at all.
>>
>>2795873

idunno brah, just make what you want

or ideally what you want to see made
>>
It means to create art that is not yours.
>>
The piece gotta reflect what you had in mind. If you wanted to express sadness and drew a picture of a sad person then showed it to somebody and the person felt sad then it's a good piece of art. All is in the intentions. That's like art school 101 but, yeah, it's /ic/...
>>
>>2795974

I hope you are.

Unless you want to answer your own question with "it's profitable"

If profitable art is good art, there's your answer.
>>
I found this image on sketchdaily while doing my figure drawing excercises and i don't know how i feel anymore.
>>
>>2796581
muh dick
>>
I think "good" art is when the artist creates exactly what he intended to.
>>
>>2795873
Good art communicates the artist's ideas, emotions or concepts well
>>
File: Veggieguy.png (47KB, 1343x777px) Image search: [Google]
Veggieguy.png
47KB, 1343x777px
This is what it means to be a god.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.