[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer generated art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: cga.png (982KB, 1343x535px) Image search: [Google]
cga.png
982KB, 1343x535px
Computer generated art through neural network patterns is getting scarily good.

Any thought on this?

Do you see a future where many artists gets first inspired by computers before even attempting to draw something?
>>
File: dream_4a7b933024.jpg (89KB, 672x535px) Image search: [Google]
dream_4a7b933024.jpg
89KB, 672x535px
I'll post the others that the algorithm made, this one's also very accurate
>>
pretty cool filter.
>>
File: dream_432e5db398.jpg (77KB, 672x535px) Image search: [Google]
dream_432e5db398.jpg
77KB, 672x535px
Another one which is scarily good.

I wonder how far they're going to stretch it
>>
I don't get it, how is this different from a shitty instagram filter?
>>
>>2795515
For machines to be able to compete with humans in art at any functional capacity first they'd have to be able to think.
By the time machines are capable of thought job security will be the least of your problems.
>>
>>2795528
Are you blind?
>>
thanks for the link , as usual OP is a tremendous faggot
>>
>>2795521
Plz stop posting
>>
Those actually look like shit, op.
>>
would it be dumb if I use this images made by this program for reference? I was thinking of combining pictures with paintings I enjoy to copy from.

I am not going to post any work I might make from it since I would consider it stealing, but will this somehow cripple me in the long run? I just want to be a better painter.
>>
>>2795545

Am I supposed to be impressed? They look like gimmicky filters and shitty ones at that
>>
we're already post modernism
>>
>>2795521
>>2795517
putting a filter on top of a photo isn't exactly some revolutionary technology.
>>
>>2795515
How is this impressive...?
Its just a bot adding filters of photos.
>>
>>2796118
that's a decent idea, no harm in trying it, it could lead to cool results, or at least, reduce your work time.

also, you probably should install in your own machine the program so you can play with the parameters, instead of using the default ones everytime. most of that shit is open source.
>>
>>2795515

Robots are way more useful, productive and worthy assembling cars than photobashing.
>>
>>2795515
But that looks like shit.
>>2795517
>>2795521
These too. I wouldn't pay anything for them. Like >>2795528
said, this is looks like a shitty filter on instagram or photoshop.

Stop wasting your time and just draw.
>>
Computer alogirthms are getting good, but they're generally derivative pieces rather than creating anything. It's all combination.

Of course artiststic creativity is usually just mashing inspirations together, but they do it in a way that a (modern) algorithm can't.

You could say they put human photocopiers out of a job but seeing as literal photocopiers didn't, I think it'll carry on.
>>
>>2795545

I've seen some good algorithmic stuff, I forget the name of the site that combines an art style with a photo and gets a good result maybe 2 times out of 10 (which isn't bad).

The stuff you provided are basically filters and not that impressive. Easily within the realm of something somebody whose never drawn a day in their life could do in photoshop with a few days practice.
>>
It might be doing some impressive things i doubt that it'll ever be able to acquire that inventive side of art.
I mean yeah it can make a picture of a cat look all trippy but good art tells a story and has a purpose in mind. Also a robot couldn't create an image based on a written description. Art isn't just supposed to just look cool.
>>
those examples look indeed like shitty filters

take this one instead
>>
>>2795515
I don't like the use of space or composition, weird, seems something easy to implement.
>>
File: deepart.jpg (129KB, 577x433px) Image search: [Google]
deepart.jpg
129KB, 577x433px
>>2796935
The source image has a terrible composition, the whole thing would have to be corrected.

Anyways those filters still look like crap this website right here does a much better job of faking art.

https://deepart.io/
>>
http://ostagram.ru/static_pages/lenta?last_days=30&locale=en
>>
File: flowers.jpg (107KB, 408x612px) Image search: [Google]
flowers.jpg
107KB, 408x612px
this is nice
>>
File: weed.jpg (156KB, 525x475px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
156KB, 525x475px
kek

https://deepart.io/img/PsyZIirr/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.