[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PaintTool SAI

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: SAI.png (396KB, 1440x858px) Image search: [Google]
SAI.png
396KB, 1440x858px
Is SAI legitimately bad or it it a meme? I want to get into digital art and I've been starting out with SAI+mouse,is this healthy or should I look into something else? Discuss
>>
>>2794739
people make good art in fucking ms paint

it doesn't matter
>>
>>2794739
It's just a tool, get gud and won't matter what you use to draw.
>>
Good for lines, everything else not so much.
>>
Toki yo, tomare!
>>
>>2794739
Once I used to photoshop, I've never go back to SAI. It's pretty good if you're starting drawing, because it's simple, but later you may see it's not enough for you.
>>
>>2794740
>>2794743
I suppose that makes sense,but of course there are more versatile tools out there
>>2794751
PS,for instance,which would make a lot of things easier
For now I'll stick with SAI and see what I can do
>>2794747
How so?

>>2794749
Indeed
>>
Save yourself the trouble and start learning photoshop.

Sai has become a crutch for me. After I bought a new cintiq I refused to even download it.
>>
Since this is 4chan and all hehe can someone give me the rundown on photoshop? I know it's a million dollars so is it possible to download with all the retail functionality? Thanks
>>
>>2794769
just get Krita if you can't affort PS.
>>
Sai is okay but it misses a lot of features you need for REAL painting
>>
>>2794844
if you honestly believe this you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>2794859
Explain why
>>
>>2794739
>+mouse
Get a tablet. They're not that expensive.
>>
>>2794844
>>2794869
which features are missing for actual painting?
>>
>>2794894
more brush options and different color modes
Its not really that it misses something, it just lacks better tools
>>
File: 1416204519378.jpg (7KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1416204519378.jpg
7KB, 250x230px
>>2794739
I've been drawing with it for two years because I can't figure out how the stabilizer works on the other softwares, for instance on Krita there's a lag and the lines become circular. I know there's probably some hilariously easy solution but no matter how much I've tweaked the settings it just doesn't work
>>
>>2794763
what the fuck is there to """learn"""" with PS? Blending modes? Quick masks? Even an ape can figure them out in an hour. The only remotely complex thing I can think of is in-depth correction but why aren't you fixing your shit at the beginning you mongoloid
>>
>>2794943
>>2794869
the fact that neither of you know the real difference is just shocking. give both a lil more time and effort and then post results, otherwise shut the fuck up.(and no its not that shitty stabilizer)
>>
Test
>>
>>2794943
nigga there's a fuckload of features that can speed up your workflow or save you extra work, just because you can draw a circle and know what multiply does doesn't mean you've learned photoshop.
>>
how do you draw with a mouse
i dont wanna invest in a tablet
>>
>>2794943
m-muh industry standard
>>
>>2794960
Why not? My tablet only cost 4,000 rupees (and electronic stuff is more expensive in India)
>>
File: SAI.jpg (313KB, 1800x800px) Image search: [Google]
SAI.jpg
313KB, 1800x800px
>>2794943
it's probably same buttmad retard who bitching about stabilizers. He doesn't even know about SAI2
>>
fuck photoshop though

anything is better than it
>>
>>2794975
What's the differences beetween sai 2 and the other ?
>>
Avid Photoshop user, been using Photoshop for everything including line art. Don't listen to these faggots they're clearly trying to steer you away from the Industry choice - remember it's number 1 for a reason.

AMA
>>
File: 1480682988744.png (490KB, 847x879px) Image search: [Google]
1480682988744.png
490KB, 847x879px
>>2794994
>AMA
>it's number 1 for a reason
Tell me reasons.
>>
>>2794990
thats why you will never make it
>>
>>2794997
Powerful brush editing capabilities, superb photomanipulations, superior editing tools, and a variety of flexible options for you to choose from to surpass and exceed variants.
>>
Sai is a fairly decent prepackaged tool kit
Photoshop is essentially all those tools, more tools, plus the ability to add more at your leisure

The only real advantage Id ascribe to sai is that its much less stressful on your computer
>>
>>2795061
>powerful, superb, superior, flexible
You sound like one of those desperate retail sellers trying to avoid mentioning anything specific.
Krita, Painter or even Clip studio have much better brush engines and you'd know that if you gave them a try.
>>
File: 1479759440413.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479759440413.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>2795061
>Powerful brush editing capabilities,
Did you even seen CSP brush settings?
>superb photomanipulations
half of them you can do in other programs too
>superior editing tools
like every other program?
>flexible options
Name ones. Most people even use something like coolorus because PS sucks
>>
File: 22877715.jpg (407KB, 1900x1197px) Image search: [Google]
22877715.jpg
407KB, 1900x1197px
>>2794739
Koki is one of my favorite digital artists and they work in SAI for the most part.
>>
Sai is good as a lite program, it doesn't have much lag like Photoshop.

I personally use Clipstudio 5, but Sai is good too.

I never use (((adobe))) products anymore anyhow.
>>
>>2794749
Mudada!

The cheese man has stopped time!
>>
just use painter b0ss
>>
>>2794740
>>2794743
This.
People will sit on here and mull over which program is "good" or "bad" instead of fucking jumping in and making art with one. It doesn't take a lot of effort to learn the basics of a program and make it do the very thing every other program does.
>>
>>2794991
No that anon, but SAI 2 has a lot of basic options that were missing from SAI like being able to make a perfect circle, and text. It rounds it out to be a more 'complete' program rather than something you usually HAVE to use with photoshop.

It also has a cool as shit perspective tool in it, where you set how many points you want (1, 2, 3) and the horizon line, then it will only let you draw the 'correct' lines.
It makes mock ups super quick and clean since you can just toggle it on and off.
>>
File: 1479259831233.jpg (34KB, 663x663px) Image search: [Google]
1479259831233.jpg
34KB, 663x663px
>>2794740
>>2794743
Oh fuck off with this shit already.

Yes, its a fucking tool we get it. You can make the mona lisa in mspaint. Stop acting like this is some kind of profound advice just because you saw some old asshole make a figure drawing with a fucking chocolate bar.

OP asked if the program was any good, not some second hand philosophy you heard someone else regurgitate on this cuck board. If you don't have any experience with said program then shut the fiddly fuck up. GOD.
>>
>>2794739
If you are sticking with SAI, get SAI 2 and learn some PS. SAI2 is 64 bits, thats enough to BTFO SAI. Also this >>2795443
And learn PS because honestly if you are only using SAI you are doing it wrong, SAI+PS is the way to go for a SAI artist.
>>
>>2795039
I'm making it, bro. And soon I'll make you a new sibling.
>>
>>2794975
oh look all weeb shit lol...
>>
Get a Huion tablet and Krita.
Or pay 12€/ months and get Photoshop.
Or pirate Photoshop.
>>
I suggest PS only.
Sure the it's nice the stabilizers and perspective tools and shit in SAI, but ask yourself... do you really wanna be able to draw shit in gud perspective or correct lines ONLY when your using SAI?
Lets be real here, you wont do your own perspective grids. Image getting a job invite and they sit you down on their PC and want you to do the simplest of shits and they have only PS since it's the industry standard (and for a good reason but I won't get into that) and you fuck up the perspective 50 times before even starting anything.
I mean, whatever floats your boat tools are tools, but a tool becoming a cruch is a whole nother matter and it will fuck you up way more than help you. Besides, there's a reason why all the highest paying artists never touch SAI, while only weebs and dA tier shitters recommend and use SAI.
>>
>>2797224
shut the fuck up just use both

perspective for photoshop
sai for all your weeb shit
>>
>all these idiots recommending photoshop
That program is mostly for photography edition, using it for art just constantly eats most of your RAM on photography shit you will never use and the brushes suck. Use a actual art software if you wanna do art.
>>
File: a5bSTvu.jpg (648KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
a5bSTvu.jpg
648KB, 2448x1836px
>>2795748
Fucking slope head knuckle dragging tossers like yourself will sit here for hours on end hitting update and shitposting about programs in these asinine threads.
When you could be producing some art but you won't because you're more concerned about being clever and making jokes about fucking programs.
We post what we posted because it's a waste of time for anyone legitimately looking to work digitally to worry about if a program is good or bad. It's redundant and if they really cared the information is out there. There are fucking archive sites of this board where they can literally do a search for the same fucking question, and get the same answers, from the same cocks, repeating the same shitty nonsense, about the same fucking programs.
It's coming to a point where we might as well make a general for all you knobs to meander on and on about this shit to your hearts content while never producing a god damn thing.
So keep being a procrastinating skilless little shit because you're sitting around wanting to tell some anon how good or bad fucking Sai is.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 201x200px
>>2797225
>perspective for photoshop
>>
>>2797350
>not using perspective grid brushes and the line tool
pleb
>>
>>2797225
>Sketchbook pro for perspective
>Photoshop for professional paintings
>Sai for weeb shit

FTFY
>>
>>2797230
It has a painting mode, duh it's going to use a lot of ram but only when you are doing something that requires a lot of memory (like laying down a 2000 pixel brush), and though technically all you need is a soft round, hard round, and potentially the same in square brushes and can make your own custom shit, there are a vast majority of tools and brushes people have used for painting that are amazing (brushes that act like oils, pencils, settings for watercolors even).

You sound like a salty photoshop newb. Come back when you've had actual experience with a program rather than talking out of your ass like a retard.
>>
>>2797371
>not integrating it into your mind and see everything as a box in perspective

not gonna make it
>>
>>2794739
In my opinion, anything other than Photoshop or CSP is subpar. I used to prefer CSP but the more I discover Photoshop the better it feels. The only problem I have with PS is that it's optimized like shit and it's heavy on the RAM.
>>
>>2797310
lol shut the fuck up
>>
I just wish Sai had a warp tool like photoshop. I know there's transform, but it's not the same.
>>
>>2797390
>see everything as a box in perspective
>not seeing everything as a conglomeration of basic forms and organic shapes in perspective

git gud m8 then you can talk to me about making it
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 595x595px
>>2797371
>perspective grid brushes

Even CSP has perspective rulers built-in. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>2797443
>not seeing the actual complex finished picture itself
>tells others to git gud

confirmed for NGMI
>>
>>2797448
even SAI
>>
>>2794844
Like a REAL canvas or REAL paints?
>>
>>2794739
I personally prefer drawing on an actual piece of paper.
>>
>>2797494
ok
>>
>>2797494
Thanks for nothing, faggot.
>>
File: title-page-collection-1.jpg (194KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
title-page-collection-1.jpg
194KB, 800x499px
>>2794739
SAI is fine, but Photoshop CS2 is free to use.

It's best to get used to the Photoshop platform, since its the main thing artists use in the industry.
>>
>>2797524
>CS2 is free to use.
Every PS is free to use lmao, newfag. End CS2 is awful. Can't even rotate shit or mirroring image
>>
>>2797528

when did this happen? as far as I know, CS2 is the only one that is legally free-to-use. The others you have to pirate to get.
>>
>>2797494
wat an informative post
>>
>>2797530
He's implying that everything's free because piracy exists (hurrdurr what is context). Typical 4chan dumbass being a dumbass, that's all.

That said, CS2 really has aged a lot. The lack of a proper rotation tool alone makes it not worth picking up again, unless you don't mind manually inputting what degree you want to change your canvas to.
>>
>people suggest SAI2
>not superior OpenCanvas
>>
>>2797966
>opencanvas
Do people still even use that? When was the last update/version?

Haven't heard that program in years.
>>
I think SAI is kinda decent!

I do all my sketching and painting on it since I can't run Photoshop. Mind you I can't have a really big canvas but I think it's fine for when you're just starting.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.