[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Anthropocentric Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: life-form.jpg (220KB, 1199x877px) Image search: [Google]
life-form.jpg
220KB, 1199x877px
Recently got really into the work of Nicholas di Genova (pic related) and it left me with some questions:

Do you ever get tired of seeing pictures of people?

Do you know of any illustrators or artists whose work doesn't concentrate on human or human-like creatures, or doesn't concentrate on creatures at all?

If there are abstract artists, are there any "abstract" illustrators?
>>
>>2793433
I can recommend the works of American Artist Frederick Church, and of American contemporary Steven Kozar.

If you'd like something more experimental then I think Scottish artist Peter Doig is one of the best artists working within avant-garde boundaries
>>
>>2793433
muslim art
>>
>>2793433
a lot of japanese art focuses on the nature
>>
>>2793435

Checking out Doig; truly interesting. Thank you!
>>
>>2793433
Yeah, it happens to me from time to time to get bored from doing human-like drawings and sketches and let the imagination go...
>>
>>2793914
>>
File: CR67.gif (42KB, 193x217px) Image search: [Google]
CR67.gif
42KB, 193x217px
>>2793914
>>2793916

Really like the composition and rendering.

More?
>>
>>2793954
unfortunately these are the only two I made of this kind, this is not the kind of work I frequently make, but I could try to make more.
>>
>>2794062

Well, canĀ“t speak for others, but I'd most definitely like to see more. Regarding your other work, is there any place where we could check out some of it?

Also, did you go through any methodic process to come up with these creatures or was it more spontaneous? did you have a desired outcome in mind or was it more of a discovery process? and looking back at the finished pieces, do you notice any subconscious influence of artists you may admire?
>>
>>2794095
Ok, I will try to post more in this week. I have an account on DeviantArt but the kind of works I submit have nothing to do with this (It is a more erotic kind of drawings, definitely NSFW)
http://protervus.deviantart.com/

I also like to read books about biology, darwinism, evolution and natural history, I love the cases where parasitism take part between two species, maybe I take influence from there and maybe from some artists I admire like Walton Ford but mostly from H.R. Giger.
>>
File: nectar.jpg (409KB, 750x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nectar.jpg
409KB, 750x1500px
I really like the works of Jason Limon, he paints some beautiful and imaginative stuff. I love the surreal feeling that many of his paintings have.
>>
>>2793433
just look at wayne barlowe's Expedition and move on with your life
>>
>>2794461
>Jason Limon
I always admire these creative artists who are naturally quirky and not trying to appeal to some niche market

I have quite a few of his works as prints in my home
>>
>>2793435
wow, doig was a great recommendation.
>>
File: hydrothermal_larvae.jpg (235KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
hydrothermal_larvae.jpg
235KB, 600x803px
>>2794446

Very nice still lives, specially the one titled Implements for Black Magick.

Biology texts are amazing for inspiration. I have sketchbooks full of insects.
>>
File: hydrothermal_larvaeII.jpg (289KB, 806x600px) Image search: [Google]
hydrothermal_larvaeII.jpg
289KB, 806x600px
>>2798448
>>
File: caterpillar_larvae.jpg (297KB, 796x600px) Image search: [Google]
caterpillar_larvae.jpg
297KB, 796x600px
>>2798449
>>
>>2798450
This one looks japanese in some way
>>
>>2799541
>>> /a/
>>
>>2798448
>>2798449
>>2798450
These are really cool. I've never seen anybody make these kinds of sketches of invertebrates before, with non-boring perspective and strong shadows - in other words, not textbook-type illustrations. Saved.
>>
>>2800428
I don't mean anime
>>
File: 05a.jpg (335KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
05a.jpg
335KB, 800x598px
>>2799541

Hahaha yeah, now that you mention it I can sort of see it.
Mabe it's the line weight and using value and line at the same time.

>>2800449

Aw-shucks. The reference pictures were taken from electron microscopes, which produce strongly shaded images, so I was just merely trying to be accurate. Glad you liked it!
>>
http://www.matthowarth.com/
>>
>>2800749

Well, that was a some awkward browsing experience.
>>
File: space Chicken.png (988KB, 1006x1000px) Image search: [Google]
space Chicken.png
988KB, 1006x1000px
well idk bout non creature stuff but i like to draw stuff like OPs pic
>>
>>2803603
sorry for shit pic
>>
>>2803605

No problem. More?
>>
>>2803674
go on my instagram. my username is on the pic
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.