[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /IC/ I have a question about something that's been bothering

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

OK /IC/ I have a question about something that's been bothering me my entire life:
How does one make art while dealing with ADHD?
Ive been trying to make comics and just generally improve but as I got older, it got worse and now it's just really hard to get anything done. It breaks my heart to not be able finish or even get anything off the ground. I'm currently not in a place that I can go see a doctor since I am doing seasonal work until I find a place to stay permanently.
Do you guys have any tips?
What about art and mental illness in general?
>>
>>2792710
Buckle down and suck it up.
>>
Get medication..?
>>
You need to get your life together (i.e. see a professional after you settle down) before you do something as trivial (relative) as art.
>>
>>2792710
Meditate or something i dunno
>>
>>2792710
I have ADHD. Honestly, you just sound like a bitch. You gave no info as to how ADHD is effecting your art work. It's obviously not that bad if you're able to post a topic here.
>>
>>2793214
>t's obviously not that bad if you're able to post a topic here.
Not op but how does that make sense at all? It takes 5 seconds to make a thread on here. How can you compare that to drawing for multiple hours everyday?
>>
>>2792710
It's not ADHD that's the problem. ADHD is an extreme form of something that everyone has: lack of focus, inattentiveness, lack of interest.

I think the problem is that you're just not that interested in drawing. Can you tell me specifically what you want to draw? Specifically, what and why you are learning right now? Specifically, what you want to accomplish in the near and far futures?

If you're not interested in something, if you don't know what you want to do, ADHD is going to make that worse, but in a sense it also makes your life a little easier because you know for a fact when you don't want to do something and can thusly focus on the things you do.

Try thinking about exactly why you want to draw in the first place, the sort of things that you definitely 100% want to draw and start from there.
I also want to draw comics. I also want to improve every aspect of my skills as an artist. But when I look deep down inside myself, the one thing that I truly want to draw, right at this very moment, is hot waifus.

Be honest, do some introspection and think about how and why you want to approach art. Maybe meditate a little.
>>
>>2792710
You deal with your AC/DC by doing art. Period.
>>
>>2792710
Don't set goals, use art as relaxing undemanding activity. Time for improvement and study will come later.
>>
I feel like i'm in a similar situation.
i try and try again to grind and practice but i always fall off the wagon and lose all that progress. i've must have done it a dozen+ times so far in the last few years.

I love art, doesn't stop at just 2D pictures as i also have tried to sculpt and even craft shit.
It's not like i don't have an interest in it, i have plenty of ideas and thing i'd like to ultimately do that i try to work towards (animation/games)

but before i know it i put away the books and the tablet and i'm back to square one.
maybe i do have a case of ADHD or whatever that autism is.
maybe i could find someone selling some aderall and see if it really helps. (they give aderall of that shit right? or is it Ritalin?)
>>
Great, now everyone have ADHD.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.